Barrera Returns Saturday Night

Faulks

Barrera Returns Saturday Night

Mexican boxing legend returns to the ring at the Olympic Coliseum in Guadalajara on Saturday night in a bid to become a four weight world champion.

The announcement was made Monday and the 37 year-old former super-bantamweight, featherweight and super-featherweight champion is aiming at a crack at a version of the world lightweight title.

Barrera, 66-7-(43), face Jose Arias, 15-1-(9), of the Dominican Republic in the main event of "Top Rank promoted card. The bout will be broadcast Live on Fox Deportes, 10 p.m. ET).

Barrera was originally supposed to fight on February 26, but asked promoter Zanfer Promotions to switch his fight to Guadalajara, where he now lives.

February 8, 2011

http://www.secondsout.com/usa-boxing-news/usa-boxing-news/barrera-returns-saturday-night?

Another great fighter that he had better to stop, I can not understand why they have to close his career in this way, could it be better to leave them intelligently ?

Barrera and many like him would make a better contribution to boxing...

trainer, matchmaker, talent-scout, ecc.....

Another great fighter that he had better to stop, I can not understand why they have to close his career in this way, could it be better to leave them intelligently ?

Barrera and many like him would make a better contribution to boxing...

trainer, matchmaker, talent-scout, ecc.....

I agree, Crusader.

He should retire and start producing World class talents himself.