Juan Manuel Marquez will not fight Erik Morales...

edsel77x

...on a pay-per-view show April 9 in Las Vegas, Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer said.

Schaefer would say only that Marquez “decided to wait” and pursue other options. The Mexican boxing icons, who have not faced one another, had been negotiating for several weeks.

Morales will still fight on the card and has his eye on a particular opponent.

“The one guy Morales wants – he’s begging us for him – is Marcos Maidana,” Schaefer said. “The WBA is going to elevate Amir Khan to ‘Super Champion.’ That fight (Morales-Maidana) would be for the (‘Regular’) WBA title.

“I asked Erik why he wants Maidana. He thinks he had the technical skills to beat Maidana. We’re working on it. We’ll see. It would be a war.”

Schaefer also said he is “finalizing” a deal to have Robert Guerrero face Michael Katsidis in a lightweight bout on the card. Guerrero and Katsidis were scheduled to fight on a March 5 card but Katsidis pulled out because of the flooding in his native Australia.

Also, a fight between Winky Wright and Matthew Macklin is confirmed.

How in the hell does a retired fighter come back out of retirement...

That was my initial thought.

I know the better now.

WBC has officailly lost all of my respect. How can we (fans) stop this malfeasance? Can it ever be stopped?

Any suggestions on how to curtail such corruption? How to unite boxing under a unbrella that answers to a comission that will not be compromised?

As I type I realized how absurd my demands are. My own government is run by lobbyist or who they represent.

So why can boxing ever see the day of light.

I'll just add it to my list of things to wish on..., then when my computer know how is increased and I summon the guru's and demigods from 4chan and the likes, I'll bring em all down starting with the WBC!

Jesus, Morales never changes does he? I thought the David Diaz fight was a little out of character, and the slightly ropey opposition he's face since his return, but we're back on track again now - the man does not know how to take the easy route.

Gav-

When he first came back, a few people suggested that it would just be for easy paydays against no-hopers, they simply didn't know Erik Morales.......he's only going to stand for that so long.

Katsidis vs Guerrero Set For Maidana-Morales Card

By Jhonny Gonzalez

Tijuana, Mexico - Three-division champion Erik Morales (51-6, 35KOs) has already started training camp for his junior welterweight bout with Marcos Maidana (29-2, 27KOs), scheduled for April 9 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Morales told local reporters that his fight will be the main event of an HBO pay-per-view, with a co-featured lightweight clash between former champions Michael Katsidis (27-3, 22KOs) and Robert Guerrero (28-1, 18KOs). Middleweights Winky Wright and Matthew Macklin will also fight on the card.

In other news, there are rumors in Mexico that Maidana is looking to hire Nacho Beristain to replace his old coach, Miguel Diaz.

Source:

www.boxingscene.com

I wasn't looking forward to Morales vs Marquez as i thought THAT fight was one sided (in favour of Marquez). But, the fight that will take place between Morales and Maidana is even MORE one sided. If Morales is going to continue to fight, then i would hope they'd match him up against guys who he might actually have a chance of being competitive against.