Bradley eager to face Pacquiao

Faulks

Bradley eager to face Pacquiao

A WEEK after Top Rank Promotion head Bob Arum considered him as among the next fighters that can be possibly line-up against Manny Pacquiao, junior welterweight champion Timothy Bradley said he is ready to challenge Pacquiao in any given time and place.

Bradley, the World Boxing Organization and World Boxing Council junior welterweight titlist, said Pacquiao (52-3-2 win-loss-draw card with 38 knockouts) will feel his wrath once their bout becomes official.

“I don’t think Manny Pacquiao has faced someone like me who has the skills and who can fight,” Bradley, who recently dominated Devon Alexander by decision, told examiner.com.

“I think that I, myself, if I fight the perfect fight, man, I know I can beat him. If I fight the perfect fight than I can beat Manny Pacquiao, no doubt.”

The American fighter believes that Pacquiao has never seen a fighter like him who is more strong and smarter. Pacquiao’s promoter Bob Arum of Top Rank Promotion also said recently that Bradley can possibly join the Pacquiao sweepstakes this year.

“They’re just putting Manny in there with stiff man,” he said. “They need to put Manny in there with guys who can actually punch and punch back. They need to put him in against someone who has some defense.”

But despite his challenge, Pacquiao, 32, remains to be the favorite fighter if ever he’ll be facing Bradley. Pacquiao crushed previous big guys like Antonio Margarito, Joshua Clottey, Miguel Cotto, Ricky Hatton and Oscar De La Hoya, among other

fighters.

“We walk around at the same weight, so there is really no excuse for him not to fight me. What’s [the] big deal? I mean, how much more I need to do to get a shot at this guy?” he said.

Pacquiao will be facing first American Shane Mosley on May 7 at the MGM Grand Arena.

If Pacquiao won’t be available, Amir Khan, who defeated Marcos Maidana in December, may possibly be Bradley’s opponent.

http://www.manilatimes.net/sports/bradley-eager-to-face-pacquiao/?

I think Arum would rather see a Bradley vs Pacquiao fight than having Khan involved.

I doubt he wants to make either. Bradley means dealing in Gary Shaw's worthless non-promoting Ass and having to do all the work anyway, and we know how little he likes to deal with Golden Boy. Bob thinks he's already covered himself against the "in-house complaints" with this Mosley fight none of us care for, and I'm pretty sure that the next step after that will be equally unneccessary rematch with Cotto, once he flays Mayorga.

I think Arum would rather see a Bradley vs Pacquiao fight than having Khan involved.

I doubt he wants to make either. Bradley means dealing in Gary Shaw's worthless non-promoting Ass and having to do all the work anyway, and we know how little he likes to deal with Golden Boy. Bob thinks he's already covered himself against the "in-house complaints" with this Mosley fight none of us care for, and I'm pretty sure that the next step after that will be equally unneccessary rematch with Cotto, once he flays Mayorga.

If i was a betting man Bradley will be in the Top Rank stable soon

If i was a betting man Bradley will be in the Top Rank stable soon

Hmmm,interesting possiblity there, Faulks. Not sure when Bradley's contract is up with TV Broker Gary Shaw (I won't call him a Promoter since getting his guys TV dates seems to be the extent of his "promoting" abilities). It wouldn't take much to snatch Bradley, just dangle Pacquiao in front of his nose and he'll dump the Walrus.

From what I can gather Dave his contract is up now and arum has made his interest known

Oh wow, I didn't know he was free from Shaw, that's a sure sign that Arum will sign him and then want him to move up to Welter for Pacquiao, who STILL will not have faced a legitimate Welter when the smoke clears. Thanks for the info, Faulks.

From what I can gather Dave his contract is up now and arum has made his interest known

Oh wow, I didn't know he was free from Shaw, that's a sure sign that Arum will sign him and then want him to move up to Welter for Pacquiao, who STILL will not have faced a legitimate Welter when the smoke clears. Thanks for the info, Faulks.

Ah, come on Dave, even i'll admit that Clottey was a genuine Welter, slower than the Queen Mary, completely useless? Probably, but a Welter none the less. lol// lol//