Pacquiao to give up WBC super welter title

edsel77x

MANILA, Philippines – Filipino boxing superstar Manny Pacquiao will be relinquishing the World Boxing Council (WBC) super welterweight crown he won over Mexico’s Antonio Margarito last November.

Pacquiao's camp revealed that they no longer intend to pit the Filipino champion against boxers heavier than welterweight (147 pounds).

Read More: http://ringnews24.com//index.php/blog/35-demo-content/4201-edsel77x.html#ixzz1D6tiVbIu

Does he deserve the belt or is he the part of the people who feel paying fees entitle him to championship status.

Tell me why again Manny won the the belt, fighting a person who should have received a lifetime ban.

Stripping the rightful champions and giving the belts to not so rightful champions. WBC keeps digging their own grave.

Does he deserve the belt or is he the part of the people who feel paying fees entitle him to championship status.

Tell me why again Manny won the the belt, fighting a person who should have received a lifetime ban.

Stripping the rightful champions and giving the belts to not so rightful champions. WBC keeps digging their own grave.

Martinez and the WBC seem to have problems, it was why Manny got a chance at the title. In the case of Alvarez, he's GBP's star in the making a world title would give him a bit more legitimacy as a sellable fighter...

Tell me why again Manny won the the belt, fighting a person who should have received a lifetime ban.Stripping the rightful champions and giving the belts to not so rightful champions. WBC keeps digging their own grave.

It doesn't matter, they imposed their own penalty. Marg was only allowed to weigh 150, the whining cretins. Fuck Top Rank, Roach, and Pakow, they are gutless scum.

Tell me why again Manny won the the belt, fighting a person who should have received a lifetime ban.Stripping the rightful champions and giving the belts to not so rightful champions. WBC keeps digging their own grave.

It doesn't matter, they imposed their own penalty. Marg was only allowed to weigh 150, the whining cretins. F*** Top Rank, Roach, and Pakow, they are gutless scum.

Hahaha

That's the biggest over-reaction to a catchweight fight I've heard yet.

"gutless scum" for calling a fight at 150 lbs with a guy who was a longtime welterweight.

It goes to show that the "154 lbs" title was a mere trinket, and you can't really say Pacquiao is a genuine champion at the weight, but ALL belts are becoming more and more meaningless due to some of the fighters being handed belts for achieving nothing and the sheer number of belts at any weight.

Spinks was handed the IBF title back he just lost, against Latimore, Cotto won the title in his first fight at the weight, off the back of a loss...they're ALL trinkets, and 75% of them have been won in achieving nothing.

I wouldn't apply the term "gutless scum" to ANY fighter....that's just personal feelings getting in the way of reality.

I have never given a toss about any worthless baubles that only serve to make greedy old men get fat on sanction fees. I believe the only opinion on the subject worth listening to is the great Roberto Duran who said " Any ( pro ) fighter who says he fights for anything other than money, is either a liar, or a fucking idiot "

So as interesting as your or indeed anyone elses anecdotes about the history of any belt from Jack Dempseys time until the present might be for some people, for me they are akin to watching paint dry.

Talking of Duran, he went up and challenged undoubtedly the best Welter of that era, then later one of the fastest rising stars at Light Middle, of that time, next up the best Middle by a country mile, and not once did he demand weight stips, or hide behind the cowardly " I'm the naturally smaller man " bollox that is applied to the gutless Pakow camp.

So i'll make my judgement based on those kind of values and acheivements, not this fanboy mentality that floods the internet.

I have never given a toss about any worthless baubles that only serve to make greedy old men get fat on sanction fees. I believe the only opinion on the subject worth listening to is the great Roberto Duran who said " Any ( pro ) fighter who says he fights for anything other than money, is either a liar, or a f***** idiot "

So as interesting as your or indeed anyone elses anecdotes about the history of any belt from Jack Dempseys time until the present might be for some people, for me they are akin to watching paint dry.

Talking of Duran, he went up and challenged undoubtedly the best Welter of that era, then later one of the fastest rising stars at Light middles, of that time, next up the best Middle by a country mile, and not once did he demand weight stips, or hide behind the cowardly " I'm the naturally smaller man " bollox that is applied to the gutless Pakow camp.

So i'll make my judgement based on those kind of values and acheivements, not this fanboy mentality that floods the internet.

There's nothing "fanboy mentality" about dismissing a description of Manny or any other fighter as "gutless scum."

I would infact say it's quite the opposite and most right minded people would tend to agree.

I'm not getting caught up in the whole "Floyd vs Manny" stuff with you again, because it wasn't the point, and I don't really care what happens until Floyd grows a pair and signs the fight...because until then, it's going to be a case of "he said, she said" nonsense that noone can firmly back up with any evidence.

I have never given a toss about any worthless baubles that only serve to make greedy old men get fat on sanction fees. I believe the only opinion on the subject worth listening to is the great Roberto Duran who said " Any ( pro ) fighter who says he fights for anything other than money, is either a liar, or a f***** idiot "

Talking of Duran, he went up and challenged undoubtedly the best Welter of that era, then later one of the fastest rising stars at Light Middle, of that time, next up the best Middle by a country mile, and not once did he demand weight stips, or hide behind the cowardly " I'm the naturally smaller man " bollox that is applied to the gutless Pakow camp.

McBride, I take it you are a massive Duran fan? Just curious, what do you say to those that thought that the reason why Leonard lost to Duran was because he fought Leonard's fight? Do you agree?

Talking of Duran, he went up and challenged undoubtedly the best Welter of that era, then later one of the fastest rising stars at Light middles, of that time, next up the best Middle by a country mile, and not once did he demand weight stips, or hide behind the cowardly " I'm the naturally smaller man " bollox that is applied to the gutless Pakow camp.

There's nothing "fanboy mentality" about dismissing a description of Manny or any other fighter as "gutless scum."

I would infact say it's quite the opposite and most right minded people would tend to agree.

I'm not getting caught up in the whole "Floyd vs Manny" stuff with you again, because it wasn't the point, and I don't really care what happens until Floyd grows a pair and signs the fight...because until then, it's going to be a case of "he said, she said" nonsense that noone can firmly back up with any evidence.

Well you've certainly got the fanboy attitude, as evidenced by your waffling on about Mayweather in reply to a post in which he wasn't mentioned. lol// lol//

McBride, I take it you are a massive Duran fan? Just curious, what do you say to those that thought that the reason why Leonard lost to Duran was because he fought Durans fight? Do you agree?

Absolutely.

I could never work out why the so called master of the mind games fell for Roberto challenging his manhood, and getting drawn into a fight that didn't suit his style at all.

I took the liberty of changing your post to read,,,, Durans fight.

Given a choice I would rather watch Duran tapes, than Mayweather " live ". I just happen to accept that Mayweather is as good at what he does as Roberto was at his MO in his prime.

As I've said before i dismiss other peoples opinions on who fighters should or shouldn't fight, because its just shit talk.

As someone said about Tyson " Its not who he beats its the way he beats them that counts "

Well as easily as tyson KO'd guys, Mayweather makes them look like fucking clueless idiots, and thats for sure.