ALEX ARIZA RESPONDS TO TEAM KHAN:

edsel77x

"THEY BROKE INTO MY HOTEL ROOM, STOLE CONTRACTS"

Alex Ariza responds to the earlier reports by Boxing scene, that Amir Khan was parting ways with him as his conditioning and strength coach. He told Boxing scene today, that "They broke into my hotel room and what they did was, they stole the contract that I had made with Amir. Now they don't want to pay me for the work that I did with Amir Khan. They already admitted to Freddie Roach's lawyer [Nick Khan] that they did steal the contract," Ariza said.

Read More: http://ringnews24.com//index.php/blog/35-demo-content/4148-alex-ariza-responds-to-team-khan-qthey-broke-into-my-hotel-room-stole-contractsq.html#ixzz1D2akhpt8

Stealing contracts = no pay obviously. This looks shit on khan. I've spoken to other people who say his dad is a nightmare to deal with. Obviously ariza is still going to be training manny so I can't see how things are going to pan out. Is roach going to say anything? Is khan still going to be at the wild card gym?

Khans dad says they didn't have a contract with Ariza it was all with roach and roach has to pay ariza. Very odd behaviour as I always got the impression that down at the wild card it was like a family where everyone gets along. At least that's how khan makes it out in interviews.

Oliver Harrison & Warren got dumped and it worked out for khan but surely this is a case of if it isn't broke don't fix it?

Strange behaviour from Team Khan and one that makes him less likeable if these allegations are true.

We have a video interview with Roach and he says that Ariza is "an independent contract, he doesn't work for me, he works for the fighters" so Team Khan is completely full of shit on this one. I guess they have some explaining to do.

That part starts at about 1.40 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/user/OnThEGRiNDBOXiNGViDS#p/f/0/alLJ-RHm-uo

Seems like Amir's hangers on are gonna be a huge problem for him. Never liked them when he was in the ama's, and they made up all that crap about tickets at Gorleston. I was there, and everyone was asked to go out to let his mob in, then get as many back in as was possible, but they didn't want the fight and made their excuses.

I don't really get involved with the tit for tat side of anything as it's tedious and difficult to analyse as we don't know the goings on behind the scenes.

But, it does seem like some boxers' fathers/family get too involved in their sons' careers. Just recently i read that Freddie Roach parted ways with top prospect Jose Benavidez because he said his father was hard to deal with. And there have been similar happenings in other boxers' careers.

I think it's good for a family member to get involved in their son's career afterall it keeps the money in the family. Why bother paying an agent/manager if a family member can do it? But, perhaps the family member CAN'T do the job and that's where the problem comes from.

I would rather have a financial expert handle my monies if I was rich then my family (unless they were a Rothschild then we keep it in the family)

If they can learn on the fly and do pretty good..., but With no business sense and no background in the industry, then you'll have to find a reputable agent, manager or promoter. No shortage of them there in boxing that's for sure.

To be accused of stealing in an industry (or anywhere) where integrity is paramount..., Cannot a boxers career be ruined with being tied to such shady dealings?

any legitimate agreement on anything beyond the purchase of a new Stapler has multiple copies.

Oh and you'd know all about staplers, wouldn't you, murphy? Making off with an apparently innocuous item of stationery before quitting your last known address, moving from city to city, foxhole to foxhole in a desperate attempt to avoid your pursuers. Well let me tell you it's a futile effort - I've got Pinkertons searching every Polish bar from here to Santa Fe, and if I find out you took the matching holepunch you'll wish you'd never been born.

I would have thought that the problem with having family as agents, managers, whatever, is if they are not experienced the other side will eat them like sharks eat minnows.

The old poker saying comes to mind. " If inside 20 minutes you cant tell who the fish is at the table,,,,,,,,,,,, its you."

Ariza: Shah Khan is Letting His Teeth Get Away From Him

By Chris LaBate

Strength and conditioning coach Alex Ariza had a lot to say about Shah Khan, the father and business handler for WBA 140-pound champion Amir Khan. BoxingScene.com reported two weeks ago that Khan and Ariza had parted ways over money. Ariza is claiming Team Khan owes him money for the training camp related to Khan's December fight with Marcos Maidana.

Shah came out in the press and said Amir's trainer, Freddie Roach, is in charge of paying Ariza. Roach himself has disputed Shah's statement. Shah claims there was never a contract with Ariza, which the conditioning coach disputes. Ariza has alleged that members of Team Khan stole his contract from his hotel room in the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas. The incident was alleged to have taken place during Khan-Maidana fight week.

"I think Shah is letting his teeth get away from him when he's talking about the business side of things, as far as what Freddie and I do or how the deal was set up with me and Amir. Freddie doesn't pay me. That's not his responsibility. I have the same deal with Amir as I do with Manny [Pacquiao], [Julio Cesar] Chavez Jr. and Vanes [Martirosyan]," during an interview with Suge Green of OnTheGrind Boxing Radio.

"They have a habit of putting things off. Finally it was the week of the Maidana fight and I still didn't have a signed contract, so I had to have Amir sign it that week. As I said, they then broke into my hotel room and stole not only that contract, but my contract with Manny, Chavez Jr. and who knows what else. Then on Monday, Shah calls Freddie and says that I made Amir sign a contract two hours before the fight. I don't know if he just likes lying or that comes from what his past living was. Freddie knows that I would never do that."

"I think [manager] Asif [Vali] shoud stick to running the cab company and I think Shah should stick to hustling for fares and finding the long way to the airport and leave the boxing to the boxing guys. I think they ultimately hurt the fighter because everyone knows what I bring to the table."

any legitimate agreement on anything beyond the purchase of a new Stapler has multiple copies.

Oh and you'd know all about staplers, wouldn't you, murphy? Making off with an apparently innocuous item of stationery before quitting your last known address, moving from city to city, foxhole to foxhole in a desperate attempt to avoid your pursuers. Well let me tell you it's a futile effort - I've got Pinkertons searching every Polish bar from here to Santa Fe, and if I find out you took the matching holepunch you'll wish you'd never been born.

I'm an innocent victim of Blind Justice, falsely accused of the theft of the holepunch, freed by fate when a train wreck freed me on route to the Death house, freed to toil at many Jobs, freed to search for the one armed man I saw leaving the scene with the holepunch, freed to run from the relentless pursuit of the computer tech obsessed with my capture.

Sorry, I think I watched too many episodes of The Fugitive when I was a kid...but I still haven't seen your holepunch, call off the dogs!!!

grin//

I believe we may well see him leave the wild card camp soon. Didn't PAC drop a load of his conditioning last time out? That and no backing by roach brings me to that train of thought

Don't think so. He threw over 1000 punches, so his conditioning can't have been that bad. I think we just heard the usual Roach crap "he's having a terrible camp" that we hear before every fight.