SUPER PACMAN: The Great Debate

edsel77x

Words can't describe the excitement Manny Pacquiao (52-3-2, 38 KO's) brings to the sport of boxing. The last five years of his Hall of Fame worthy career have been nothing short of "Super." Pacquiao got his fair share of flack for fights against Margarito and Cotto fighting both men at catch weights for world titles. The fact still remains that Pacquiao was the naturally smaller man and he still dominated both men.

It can be argued that Manny is a 137 to 140 pound fighter competing at welterweight. Shane Mosley (46-6-1, 39 KO'S) will have his crack at the P4P kingpin on May 7th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, NV. Many aren't giving the 39 year old future Hall of Famer, Mosley a chance of winning on May 7th. The two qualities that Mosley brings to the table are punching power and a solid chin. Mosley will definitely be coming to fight while Pacquiao will be looking to be one step ahead of his opponent by getting off first with his buzz saw combinations. He will dare to be "Super."

After watching Timothy Bradley out will Devon Alexander last night. I still don't believe that he could beat Manny. Bradley has the gritty and mauling style to make it interesting but I see Manny winning that fight if it ever takes place.

If Manny takes care of his business with Mosley, who will he fight next? The popular choice would be the 41-0 fighter from Grand Rapids, Michigan. The problem is negotiations for that fight have broken down time and time again for numerous reasons. I think Manny should fight Bradley or continue to be "Super" and fight Sergio Martinez at 154.

A third fight with Marquez has been discussed but Marquez had his chance twice before loosing narrowly both times. If the fight takes place at 147 pounds Marquez may be stopped or beaten up badly this time around. Pacquaio has done a terrific job of bringing his power up with him as he climbed up in weight through eight divisions. Marquez to his credit has looked great in his last two high profile victories. The problem is those guys don't possess the tools that Manny does. Marquez is scheduled to face rival Mexican and former Pacquiao foe Erik Morales on April 9th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, NV. Before he can be even considered he needs to take care of his business with Morales.

No matter the opponent The Pride of the Philippines is sure to make for an exciting fight. Pacquiao will do his best to show Shane Mosley first hand the meaning of Pinoy Power. Once the curtains are raised on May 7th, the unexpected may happen, but I'm expecting to see "Super Pac Man."

http://www.ropeadoperadio.com/content/super-pacman-great-debate

Razz and I got into a debate about the outcome of the two fights Pacman vs JMM. Razz was adamant about who won the fight, JMM. I disagreed initially, but after further review, I have to say that the calls are controversial.

I was truly amazed with JMM's ability to counter and fight strong. He has heart like I have never seen in a fighter! Obviously, the judging panel placed a lot of emphasis on the knockdowns and that's what ultimately caused the vote to swing his way. You could call it a gift but it was very close with the bout swinging in either direction.