Jump to content

Bad News!! Holyfield fight postponed


Faulks
 Share

Recommended Posts

Holyfield fight postponed

Cut delays showdown with Nielsen

 

By Leigh Hinton Last updated: 3rd February 2011

 

Holyfield: Delay

 

The showdown between former heavyweight champion Evander Holyfield and Denmark's Brian Nielsen has been postponed, according to promoters.

 

In a statement released on Thursday by promoter Kalle Sauerland, 48-year-old Holyfield said he "could not do sparring until the end of the month" following medical advice.

 

The four-time heavyweight champion was cut above the left eye by an accidental head butt during his fight last month with Sherman Williams. The bout was ruled a no-contest.

 

Sauerland says the fight has "has been moved back to May 7th" to allow Holyfield more time to recover from the injury.

 

The fight will take place in Copenhagen, Denmark and will be the 56th fight of Holyfield's career that began on November 15 in 1984.

 

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12183_6719925,00.html?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...