Arthur Abraham: My Mind is Only on Bozic, Not Ward

Faulks

Last update: 2/3/2011 Read more by Raphael Kyc

Arthur Abraham: My Mind is Only on Bozic, Not Ward

Click Here To Email Printable version Search BoxingScene Database

By Raphael Kyc, bokser.org

The former IBF world middleweight champion, Arthur Abraham (31-2, 25 KOs) is only concentrating on his Ferbuary 12 opponent, Stjepan Bozic (24-4, 15 KOs). Abraham has lost his last two bouts, both of which took place in the Super Six tournament. He understands that a loss to Bozic would close the door on his career. Abraham is scheduled to fight WBA super middleweight champion Andre Ward in May. Ward is the Super Six tournament leader, but "King Arthur" is not even thinking about that fight.

"Bozic is a good boxer. He has a big fighting heart and he can hit with the left hand. In any event, I can not afford to ignore him. In boxing, sometimes a common mistake [before a fight] is to already decide your future, which I can not afford to do. In the media there is information that the fight against Bozic is being treated as something secondary. This is nonsense! I am only thinking about this fight. It will be a test for both my psyche and my boxing form," Abraham said.

http://www.boxingscene.com/arthur-abraham-my-mind-only-on-bozic-not-ward--35523?

though his last 2 fights were pretty disappointing,ill keep on supporting him like i did from the beginning of his career... there have been some issues with his last 2 super 6 fights,both fights got postponed due to injuries or/and problems to get a venue,and its difficult to stay in shape and mentally focused with that kind of pre-fight problems.. but thats not an excuse for anything.. i hope he gets his mind clear and doesnt focus too much on the bozic fight as it is really just a warm up/stay in the game type of fight for a caliber abraham actually is.. i keep on backing him in the super 6,though his chances are pretty weak and im sure his fight with ward is AGAIN in wards backyard oakland.. only chance to win there is by KO.. GO ON ARTHUR!!!!!!! germany//