Khan eyes Katsidis showdown (or Witter Etc)

Faulks

Khan eyes Katsidis showdown

Author: Ben Moss

Amir Khan could take on Michael Katsidis in April when he makes his fourth defence of his WBA light welterweight title.

Khan is set to make his fourth defence at Manchester's MEN Arena on April 16 and the Bolton boxer revealed Australian Katsidis, who was beaten by Juan Manuel Marquez in his last bout, could be his opponent.

Khan is expected to face Timothy Bradley later this year in a unification showdown, with Bradley holding the WBC and WBO titles after seeing off Devon Alexander on Saturday, but Khan will make a fourth defence before he faces the American.

"We want it all done next week and were getting in touch with Katsidis' people on Monday. As for (Lamont) Peterson, it all seemed to fall through, but I don't get involved in the business side, I just leave that to the management, but we are waiting for a call back from his people," said Khan.

However, Katsidis may miss out as Khan has other options and could opt to take on the only man who has beaten him, Breidis Prescott, in April, while Manchester's John Murray has also been mooted as a possible opponent for the WBA champion.

Meanwhile, Khan has split with fitness coach Alex Ariza, with speculation suggesting Ariza had a disagreement with Khan's father Shah.

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Sportcouk/49860/Khan_eyes_Katsidis_showdown.aspx

Scott when your in the ring I'm sure Katsidis would put all that to one side and take his anger out on his opponent so to speak

Khan would go up in my estimate if he took this match. He's been protected too much in his career , but were now going to see what he really is made of in the next year or 2 with bradley/katsidis etc.....

Scott when your in the ring I'm sure Katsidis would put all that to one side and take his anger out on his opponent so to speak

Khan would go up in my estimate if he took this match. He's been protected too much in his career , but were now going to see what he really is made of in the next year or 2 with bradley/katsidis etc.....

He pulled out of the Guerrero match due to the personal issues.

He pulled out of the Guerrero match due to the personal issues.

maybe not fully over his brothers death yet

Khan lines up Witter for April clash

ESPN staff

Amir Khan has turned his sights on Junior Witter as he continues to search for an opponent for his April 16 clash in Manchester, according to his dad Shah.

The WBA light-welterweight champion has seen Paul McCloskey turn down two offers on financial grounds, while Lamont Peterson appears to have gone cold on the fight.

That has severely depleted Khan's options, with two of the biggest players in his division - Timothy Bradley and Devon Alexander - unavailable following their battle at the weekend, which Bradley won via technical decision.

Khan is now lining up a clash with Witter, who is set to return to action against Victor Puiu in February following 18 months out of the sport. Witter, 36, is a former WBC light-welterweight champion who has taken to the ring with Bradley and Alexander, losing on both occasions.

"Junior is on our list," Shah Khan told the Sun. "He's an ex-world champion who lost a split to Tim Bradley, so no-one can criticise his pedigree."

Khan is aiming to unify the division by taking on Bradley in the UK later this year.