Is Timothy Bradley getting himself an unfair reputation?

iamasadlittleboy

In boxing fighters can get certain reputations depending on what they do. Mike Tyson for example had a reputation as some one to be scared of, a violent man who wanted to hurt his opponent, whilst Bernard Hopkins is a well established “old skool” fighter who appears to know (and use) all the tricks in the book and of course Andrew Golota is commonly nicknamed “The foul pole” due to his repeated fouls against Riddick Bowe. Though it seems that Timothy Bradley, the newly crowned WBC/WBO unified junior welterweight champion is also gaining himself a reputation, a reputation for using his head, literally.

Continued

http://hubpages.com/hub/Is-Timothy-Bradley-earning-himself-an-unfair-reputation

Did he have this reputation before the Alexander fight? If it keeps happening then it will, but it's not fair to give him a reputation of being a butter because of one fight.

His previous 5 fights have had note worthy head clashes, I think he opponents have suffered cuts caused from head clashes in all 5 of those.

In that case his reputation for being a butter is probably justified and very understandable. But looking at him fighting on Saturday, I don't think he's doing it on purpose.

ive heard the reputation before with him, but to be honest against alexander most of the clashes seemed to come from alexander clinching and pulling bradley in

I agree that on Saturday Night a lot of the clashes were reciprocal or in fact Alexander initiating it by pulling him in. Bradley does lead with his head, but I'm not sure how much is simply agression and how much might be by design.