Fury tipped for the top

Faulks

Fury tipped for the top

Hall of Fame trainer hails youngster's potential

Legendary trainer Emanuel Steward believes that Tyson Fury has the potential to be the best heavyweight fighter in the world

Steward has trained two of the most prominent heavyweight champions of recent times - Lennox Lewis and Wladimir Klitschko.

And he expects unbeaten 22-year-old, who faces veteran Francois Botha on February 19, to develop in much the same way as those two fighters have done and go on to dominate the division.

Steward also thinks that Fury's colourful personality can help breathe some new life into the heavyweight ranks.

"Tyson Fury has the ability and I think in my expectations will be the next superstar dominant heavyweight much along the lines of Lennox Lewis and Wladimir Klitschko," he told Sky Sports' Ringside programme.

"The way that he's progressing now I believe he can be maybe the complete package for the heavyweight division because of his talent, he's good looking guy and very colourful personality, I think he can be a tremendous shot in the arm for the heavyweight division in the future."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12183_6714291,00.html?

Emanuel Steward must have caught sight of something I haven't. Don't get me wrong, Fury is a decent fighter, but there is a bit of a gulf between himself and the likes of Lewis and the Klitschkos. Is the Botha fight on or off? Whoever Fury gets in the ring with next, they have to be challenging in order for him to develop, especially if he's going to go on and unify world championships.