Who's still drinking the Kool-Aid? If ever anybody was.

edsel77x

WBC Silver Middle Weight Champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.

How much of a joke does that sound. A champion? Really?

Who actually believes that he earned any Champion status?

He could not even beat Billy Lolle (or whateve his name is in) in convincing fashion.

Time to give up the circus act.

Re: Who's still drinking the Kool-Aid? If ever anybody was.

WBC Silver Middle Weight Champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.

How much of a joke does that sound. A champion? Really?

Who actually believes that he earned any Champion status?

He could not even beat Billy Lolle (or whateve his name is in) in convincing fashion.

Time to give up the circus act.

Can people stop making out that Jr is a bum. He's a protected fighter who isn't amazing (he has the longest active unbeaten streak in boxing though). The silver title was a joke but he beat Lyell pretty clearly, bust him up and mashed his face.

Ok as a mod I'm taking a stance. Next time my lil Jr is downplayed I'm editting your messages! You have been warned!

Malfeasance is a great word to describe your action lol.

Even I could could procure for myself an unbeaten record of fighting nobody's for ever! The silver belt is not a joke but a travesty! Had Lyell had any power behind him, Jr. would have been visiting the ants.

We all know the reason he was given the belt and why things are being shuffled around in his weight class.

The guys a joke!

Malfeasance is a great word to describe your action lol.

Even I could could procure for myself an unbeaten record of fighting nobody's for ever! The silver belt is not a joke but a travesty! Had Lyell had any power behind him, Jr. would have been visiting the ants.

We all know the reason he was given the belt and why things are being shuffled around in his weight class.

The guys a joke!

What you meant to say was:

Decency is a great word to describe your action lol.

Not even Floyd could could procure for himself an unbeaten record of such depth fighting nobody's for ever! The silver belt is not a joke but thank you for blessing the ring! Had Lyell had any power behind him, Jr. would have had to beat him up even worse than he did.

We all know the reason he was given the belt and why things are being shuffled around in his weight class. And it's to protect the world from the might that is Jr!

The guys makes some hilarious joke!

I know, I know, English isn't taught properly around the world ;)

First and foremost Floyd Mayweather Jr is world apart from from Chavez Jr. Money's O has more credibility than Chavez's for certainty. Everybody has a nickname that is indicative to there talent, gift or moneymaking ability, but Chavez Jr's nickname is, drum roll please...., Chavez Jr. Riding on the name of thy father as he will always do since he is not good enough to...

I would absolutely love to read one of your articles on how great or destined for stardom outside of Culiacan, Sinaloa, Mexico Jr is. I believe it would have to muster up all of your literary talents and some ingenuity that only Engineers from Germany might have to convince me that he is someone special.

English and punctuation is taught properly around the world with slight variations according to customs; its just that some of us (me) are not well versed and had not taken the time to learn it. Rest assured that I will one day achieve greatness as you have clearly done behind the properness' of your language and pucntuation of it.

Then one day you and I might be able to have an intellectually stimulating convo on why Chavez Jr is being force fed down our throats as great and your the only one swallowing without chewing.

That's what I really meant to say ;)

I would absolutely love to read one of your articles on how great or destined for stardom outside of Culiacan, Sinaloa, Mexico Jr is.

See this is the part I don't get, I've NEVER claimed he'll be a world champion, or a great, heck I doubt he'll ever be a title holder. However people make out he's a complete and utter bum who shouldn't be in the ring at all. He's a very average fighter, not a bum, not a journeyman, not a professional loser, but a protected fighter who has average skills and a famous name.

If I was a child of someone famous and people were offering me a lot of money to do something I was very average at I'd snap their hands off. I doubt anyone would turn down major money for doing a very easy nights work. David Haye did it against Audley Harrison for example. The difference is Junior doesn't proclaim to be the best then face useless old men, he does it quietly in Mexico with out asking me to fork out money to see him.

First and foremost Floyd Mayweather Jr is world apart from from Chavez Jr.

Yes Floyd is another loud mouth who claims to be great yet also avoids prime opponents who may beat him.

Everybody has a nickname that is indicative to there talent, gift or moneymaking ability, but Chavez Jr's nickname is, drum roll please...., Chavez Jr. Riding on the name of thy father as he will always do since he is not good enough to...

John Ruiz was the Quietman, is that a talent, a gift or money making ability? Wilfredo Vazquez Jr is WV2, the same as his father with a 2 stuck on the end. Yet he's a world champion...

Then one day you and I might be able to have an intellectually stimulating convo on why Chavez Jr is being force fed down our throats as great and your the only one swallowing without chewing.

Forced down our throats? His fights aren't shown on British TV, not sure what stations their on over there (Fox Esportantes or something?) not particularly forced down anyone throat. If it was on something like ESPN you may have a point there. He's being shown on a Spanish language channel mainly with out the big furor of guys like Haye, Jacobs, Ortiz, Khan, Mayweather. He's not going to reach the top but 90%+ of the guys in the sport will never get to the top, are we to write all them off too and say they should stay at home and not bother?

No, we are not to write them all off but the WBC's rankings and there back room maneuvering (whats another word for shady dealings and handshaking that goes on behind closed doors inside Jose Sulimans offices that make decent fighters world champs) causes us to lose respect for whomever they are trying to promote as great when in fact they are truly not. I do not blame Chavez Jr for making money on his fathers name but be prepared to catch much flak when you obtain titles of supposed hard earned champions just for being a son of a famous fighter.

That's all I am say.

Ruiz was the "Quite Man" because of his demeanor. After getting knocked the F**k out like he did against Tua, I would be quite too. Hit a few times and hold???

WV2, the guy picked a name that seems to correlate with Terminator 2. A name indicative of destruction, maybe. He is making a name for himself.

Floyd does talk a lot but he would totally destroy Jr. and he has talent just likes the easy road which is not what fans who like to see pugilistic matches want.

No, we are not to write them all off but the WBC's rankings and there back room maneuvering (whats another word for shady dealings and handshaking that goes on behind closed doors inside Jose Sulimans offices that make decent fighters world champs) causes us to lose respect for whomever they are trying to promote as great when in fact they are truly not. I do not blame Chavez Jr for making money on his fathers name but be prepared to catch much flak when you obtain titles of supposed hard earned champions just for being a son of a famous fighter.

That's all I am say.

Ruiz was the "Quite Man" because of his demeanor. After getting knocked the F**k out like he did against Tua, I would be quite too. Hit a few times and hold???

WV2, the guy picked a name that seems to correlate with Terminator 2. A name indicative of destruction, maybe. He is making a name for himself.

Floyd does talk a lot but he would totally destroy Jr. and he has talent just likes the easy road which is not what fans who like to see pugilistic matches want.

Every ranking system is a mess. You could pick any top 10 from any organisation and weight and ask how the feck.

Rahman-WBA #5 Heavyweight

Chisora-WBO #10 Heavyweight

Tua-WBO #3 Heavyweight

Jones-IBF #7 Light Heavyweight

Pavlik- WBC #1 Super Middleweight

Spinks-IBF #4 Middleweight

Trout-WBA #1 Light Middleweight (fights for the title later this year)

Morales-#2 WBC and #8 WBA Light Welterweight

The list goes on. Are we blaming the boxers or the organisations?

Whats the hard earned Champion that Chavez is taking a belt off? Zbik? (who was given the belt?) Oh thats right, Chavez doesn't have a belt...other than the silver strap lols.

Why allow a talented fighter like Floyd the easy road but not a lesser talented one who's not make the song and dance?

Personally, I don't think JC Chavez Jr is a bad boxer at all.

He's comfortably beaten many "gatekeeper" type opponents, which would suggest he's not a bum.

He's young, and has a very padded record, but he's highly active and struggles for consistency because of his activity levels.

The whole Silver Belt thing is a nonsense, and that's what some people may take issue with, but JCC Jr is far from being the only one caught up in the latest sanctioning body madness.

He's always going to be compared to his father, which is a shame, because it's a huge ask for ANYONE to come anywhere close, and there are always going to be shouts that he's hanging onto the coattails somewhat, but the fact is he's been good enough to get as far as he does, and he just gets his head down and carries on fighting and beating the low to mid-level fighters that are put in front of him.

I do think he's good enough to win a world title, when you consider that the middleweight titleholders are;

Sylvester - who is no better and only a "mid-level" fighter himself.

Pirog - Who had to beat another "prospect" for the title, and still has a lot to prove

Sturm - Who's inactivity and tendancy to REALLY fight bums will ultimately cost him, because he does or at least did have the talent at one stage.

Martinez - Out of reach of anyone in the division, quite clearly.

Could he beat Sylvester, Pirog or Sturm?

I don't see why not, and given Sturm is already feasting on Hearns Jr, I think he is the most likely to try and pick up what would generally be regarded as the scraps, in Chavez Jr.

Personally, I don't think JC Chavez Jr is a bad boxer at all.

He's comfortably beaten many "gatekeeper" type opponents, which would suggest he's not a bum.

He's young, and has a very padded record, but he's highly active and struggles for consistency because of his activity levels.

The whole Silver Belt thing is a nonsense, and that's what some people may take issue with, but JCC Jr is far from being the only one caught up in the latest sanctioning body madness.

He's always going to be compared to his father, which is a shame, because it's a huge ask for ANYONE to come anywhere close, and there are always going to be shouts that he's hanging onto the coattails somewhat, but the fact is he's been good enough to get as far as he does, and he just gets his head down and carries on fighting and beating the low to mid-level fighters that are put in front of him.

I do think he's good enough to win a world title, when you consider that the middleweight titleholders are;

Sylvester - who is no better and only a "mid-level" fighter himself.

Pirog - Who had to beat another "prospect" for the title, and still has a lot to prove

Sturm - Who's inactivity and tendancy to REALLY fight bums will ultimately cost him, because he does or at least did have the talent at one stage.

Martinez - Out of reach of anyone in the division, quite clearly.

Could he beat Sylvester, Pirog or Sturm?

I don't see why not, and given Sturm is already feasting on Hearns Jr, I think he is the most likely to try and pick up what would generally be regarded as the scraps, in Chavez Jr.

bravo//

Personally, I don't think JC Chavez Jr is a bad boxer at all...

...Could he beat Sylvester, Pirog or Sturm?

I am shocked. I had no idea you knew Freddie Roach and yet here you are taking bribes from him!

Pirog is a lot more proven than people seem to assume.

His 4th fight was against Sergey Tatevosyan (who would face Froch and Bute and had faced Eastman, Karmazin and Gevor)

10th fight was against Alexey Chirkov (who had gone the distance with JC Vazquez and Gevor)

11th fight was against Aslanbek Kodzoev (who went on to beat Jomardashvili and Draw with Koko Murat, had gone 8 rounds with Rubio as well)

12th fight with Geard Ajetovic (who had given Canclaux and Geale tough fights and would give Macklin a tough night as well)

14th fight was with Kofi Jantuah (2 time IBF challenger who had been in with Abraham and Ouma)

Those fights have proven he's been brought along much better than any other fighter. He's not had the easy fights but he's proven himself by beating solid good fighters.

Personally, I don't think JC Chavez Jr is a bad boxer at all...

...Could he beat Sylvester, Pirog or Sturm?

I am shocked. I had no idea you knew Freddie Roach and yet here you are taking bribes from him!

Haha. I'm not saying he's a great fighter either! ;)

I think he's a "good" fighter, who is more than capable of reaching that sort of level, but doesn't have the ability to go any further. When he comes up against a real top fighter, then he'll lose.

Pirog is a lot more proven than people seem to assume.

His 4th fight was against Sergey Tatevosyan (who would face Froch and Bute and had faced Eastman, Karmazin and Gevor)

10th fight was against Alexey Chirkov (who had gone the distance with JC Vazquez and Gevor)

11th fight was against Aslanbek Kodzoev (who went on to beat Jomardashvili and Draw with Koko Murat, had gone 8 rounds with Rubio as well)

12th fight with Geard Ajetovic (who had given Canclaux and Geale tough fights and would give Macklin a tough night as well)

14th fight was with Kofi Jantuah (2 time IBF challenger who had been in with Abraham and Ouma)

Those fights have proven he's been brought along much better than any other fighter. He's not had the easy fights but he's proven himself by beating solid good fighters.

There's a difference between taking out some solid gatekeeper type opponents and beating top level opposition.

Pirog is the best of those 3 imo, but he's not done it against a top level fighter yet either. I thought Jacobs was a very good fighter, but ultimately he was only a prospect himself, and Pirog needs a couple of decent defences under his belt, before I'll be truly convinced by him.

He's looked good, but I do still think he has a lot to prove.