• WBC
    • WBO
    • Ring
    • ESPN
    • IBO
    • Boxrec
    • Fightnews
    • Other (please state in the topic)

The sanctioning bodies have their own ends and politics to serve, so they're almost always a nonsense.

They can't even stick to a single champion anymore ffs.

The Rings rankings are generally good, but again, they're based on individuals' personal views, and don't always follow the trend of achievements/winning streak. They're often guilty of over-hyping some fighters, and allowing some past it boxers to hang around in their rankings for far too long.

Also, now that they're owned by Golden Boy, despite still seeming relatively impartial, they are effectively run by a promotional company, so you can't give the same respect to them that they used to have.

Boxrec uses formulas based on wins, losses, and future results of your beaten opponents.

It doesn't use any personal feelings to come up with the rankings and bases it only on results.

Although they sometimes throw up a few surprises, I would say they're about the most accurate of all the rankings.

Boxrec rankings strike me as being like Fifa's a computerised system that is very flawed. Ring magazine still manages to rank Valuev (who's not won a fight in over 2 years) when does their inactivity clause kick in? Dimitrenko has only won once since '09 (against a journeyman).

Boxrec have Chisora at #10, Peter at #8 (who is 4-3 in his last 7), they are the only one of the 9 with Chagaev outside of the top 10 as well...

In depth look just at the heavyweight rankings (very dull but full of pointless stats) http://hubpages.com/hub/A-look-at-Boxings-rankings-for-the-heavyweights

I'd probably say something like Ring magazine or IBO. But, to be honest i never really pay attention to rankings. I don't think most fans do. I think we have a vague idea in our own minds how good each guy is compared to other contenders and then rate up and comers as potential title challengers.