Adamek vs Mcbride in the works, wtf

Joe Ko

I can understand that if he's already set up a July fight with Wlad or Vitali, that he's not going to want to take on anyone dangerous who may jeopardise his world title shot.

This is a "stay-busy" fight, and nothing more, to save inactivity becoming a factor in the "Big one."

It is a nonsense fight, but with the Klitschko fight all but a done deal, there's no point in facing a top contender because he's already achieved the ultimate aim, which is a world title shot.

If he wins, he can start looking at the Peter's and other more significant fringe contenders.

They could have picked a more credible opponent but I can understand that they want to remain active and don't want to take any real risk until he fights Klitschko.

Adamek would have to be incredibly stupid to take on Samuel Peter when he's already agreed to a title fight.He'd probably beat him but Peter still poses a real threat.Adamek would not emerge from that fight unscathed.

Interesting views on this so far. I can only imagine the abuse Haye would get if he were to do the same.

I agree though, no point Adamek putting his big shot at risk by fighting anyone dangerous although I do see this as pointless. He would be better off having a long training camp with McBride as a sparring partner!

When I initially read the title of the thread I thought of McBride from the forum and after typing this I reckon he would have a better shot then Kevin mlol/

Interesting views on this so far. I can only imagine the abuse Haye would get if he were to do the same.

I agree though, no point Adamek putting his big shot at risk by fighting anyone dangerous although I do see this as pointless. He would be better off having a long training camp with McBride as a sparring partner!

When I initially read the title of the thread I thought of McBride from the forum and after typing this I reckon he would have a better shot then Kevin mlol/

When Haye fights every 3 months or so he'll get a pass, or when he has a fight lined up and sealed with a Klitschko he gets a pass. Instead he's fighting too infrequently to get a pass.

At least Adamek is fighting, he has earned a title shot against the likes of Arreola et al, agreed the mcBride fight is a bit crappy, but then again we have had worse heavyweight title fights, i really dont need to mention who, but one was david haye and the other was audley, i hope Adamek hits shit out of klitschko...

Haye shoots his mouth off, is cocky and promises fights with the Klits and then doesn't follow through. He then fights a bum in Harrison for big money. That's why he gets the abuse that he does from the fans.

Adamek, on the other hand, quite consistently has tested himself at heavyweight by fighting really big guys and the fight with McBride can be excused because he may be fighting Klitschko. I expect that fight to happen.

At least Adamek is fighting, he has earned a title shot against the likes of Arreola et al, agreed the mcBride fight is a bit crappy, but then again we have had worse heavyweight title fights, i really dont need to mention who, but one was david haye and the other was audley, i hope Adamek hits shit out of klitschko...

So much hate on a non Haye related thread.

Audley beats Mcbride easily thats how bad this match is.

So much hate on a non Haye related thread.

Audley beats Mcbride easily thats how bad this match is.

Not if he doesn't throw a punch. And don't forget that Harrison already lost to the likes of Guinn and Sprott.

Noone will class this as a legitimate fight.

If Haye had signed to fight Wlad in June, and was the one taking on Chisora in the meantime (which is effectively this class of fight) then noone would care one jot.

It is what it is. Nothing special.

One fight with Harrison being the only "fight" inside a year, is what Haye quite rightfully gets pelters for.

Haye and Adamek are in completely different positions.Adamek hasn't spent the last two years shooting his mouth off and failed to do what he said he would do.The Mcbride fight is shit,but until Adamek denies that the fight will take place,but thes signs to it after claiming that he had many emails asking him to shut Mcbride up.....I'm willing to excuse him.