Mosley: Manny Pacquiao Has Never Felt My Kind of Power

Faulks

Mosley: Manny Pacquiao Has Never Felt My Kind of Power

By Lem Satterfield

Three-division, five-time champion, Shane Mosley (46-6-1, 39 KOs) is very confident about his ability to score a knockout victory over Manny Pacquiao (52-3-2, 38 KOs) on May 7 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Mosley believes that he needs to redeem himself for his two prior performances, a May decision loss to a Floyd Mayweather Jr., and September's draw with Sergio Mora. Pacquiao is coming off November's dominating twelve round decision over ex-titlist Antonio Margarito.

In the second round of his fight with Mayweather, he was able to land a punch that probably hurt the unbeaten fighter worse than any fighter he has ever faced in the past. If Mosley hurts Pacquiao that way, Mosley believes that he will finish him. Looking over Pacquiao's record, he doesn't see a harder puncher on the list.

"I hit [Ricardo] Mayorga on the chin with a left hook at the last bell, and he looked at me like he was in awe with the punching power that I had. I don't think that he had been hit by anybody that hard in his entire boxing career. I hit extremely hard. Even some cruiserweights that I've sparred with They will tell me how heavy and how hard my shots are," said Mosley to FanHouse.

"It's a different shot. I mean, you saw that Margarito took a beating from Pacquiao. His eyes were closed and everything. But Pacquiao couldn't rock him on the chin. He hurt him to the body, but couldn't rock him on the chin. So it's going to be a different sort of shot that Pacquiao has never felt before."

http://www.boxingscene.com/mosley-manny-pacquiao-never-felt-my-kind-power--35215?

I actually agree with him.

Mosley has looked horrible in his last couple of fights, so Manny will get absolutely no credit if he beats him, yet imo he is a very very dangerous opponent, who can easily cause an upset against a style of fighter like Pacquiao.

Few people will agree, but this fight is all wrong for Manny, and not just because of Shane's recent record.

I think Mosley still has a shot, he fought Mayweather is the master of defensive boxing, then fought Mora a super middleweight and awkward fighter, Mosley didnt look great cause he was in with a better man and a guy who was way to big and didnt wanna fight.

I am really looking foward to this fight.

I think Mosley still has a shot, he fought Mayweather is the master of defensive boxing, then fought Mora a super middleweight and awkward fighter, Mosley didnt look great cause he was in with a better man and a guy who was way to big and didnt wanna fight.

I am really looking foward to this fight.

Super Middle? Mora, a non puncher, weighed 157....no where near the super middleweight limit...

I really don't think Shane should be using his knockout of Mayorga as an example of his power.

Mayorga started clowning around during the last few rounds because he was over confident, and he let himself down.

Mosley hits hard, but he's never genuinely turned a fight around with his power.

I really don't think Shane should be using his knockout of Mayorga as an example of his power.

Mayorga started clowning around during the last few rounds because he was over confident, and he let himself down.

Mosley hits hard, but he's never genuinely turned a fight around with his power.

Margarito?

didn't really turn that just dominated it

I could build an atom bomb, but if the detonator's not firing, there's no chance of it causing any damage. So it is with mosley,. whose detonator has been on the fritz for a long time.

Try telling that to Mayweather Gav, who is known for avoiding getting hit as much as he possibly can to the point of being boring a lot of the time.

I could build an atom bomb, but if the detonator's not firing, there's no chance of it causing any damage. So it is with mosley,. whose detonator has been on the fritz for a long time.

Try telling that to Mayweather Gav, who is known for avoiding getting hit as much as he possibly can to the point of being boring a lot of the time.

Yeah, you got that prediction right, but I still say Mayweather deliberately left himself in range to show off and it just backfired a little. I keep meaning to download the fight for a second viewing, but it was largely boring, so I can never be arsed.

Yeah, you got that prediction right, but I still say Mayweather deliberately left himself in range to show off and it just backfired a little. I keep meaning to download the fight for a second viewing, but it was largely boring, so I can never be arsed.

I haven't looked but I am sure you can catch the 2nd round on youtube. Mayweather did well to stand up to them shots. He has a fighter's heart when he has to grow one. But Nazim did say that his "dragon wings" will spread when he's in trouble.