Wlad vs Adamek signed!

brooklynbrawler

“I can officially announce that Monday evening I signed the contract to fight Wladimir Klitschko in September, in Poland for a heavyweight championship fight,” said Tomasz Adamek, the Polish light heavyweight and cruiserweight champion, who wants to become the first man in boxing history with belts in the three heaviest weight categories. “Everything worked out, we are all very happy with this development. Both sides agreed to all the points, and as far as we know, Wladimir already signed it too, so now we are waiting for television stations from US and Germany to setup the best possible date in September,” said Adamek’s longtime manager and advisor, Zyggi Rozalski.

“With my trainer Roger Bloodworth, we have eight months to prepare for Klitschko,” said Adamek. “I will fight one more fight before September, most likely in Poland. I will start my preparations in a couple of days, at the Poconos Mountains, although for the past two weeks I’ve already started my own training schedule. What I can say? I love boxing.”

There goes the remote hope of a Haye vs Klitschko fight out of the window.

He's left with the Solis vs Vitali winner, and I think Vitali would have Haye's number quite handily as Vitali is a difficult guy to run from.

He's signed to fight Wladimir in a heavyweight championship fight, although Wlad already has his titles on the line in April? Just makes you realise how easily Wlad is taking Chisora (probably right though), and what a joke of a fight it was from day one.

Adamek's doing what Haye refused to do....

But he is no different from any other fighter, he isnt getting 50/50 no chance.

He's signed to fight Wladimir in a heavyweight championship fight, although Wlad already has his titles on the line in April? Just makes you realise how easily Wlad is taking Chisora (probably right though), and what a joke of a fight it was from day one.

Adamek's doing what Haye refused to do....

But he is no different from any other fighter, he isnt getting 50/50 no chance.

Exactly, less money and still finds it easy to make the deal.

That's what fighters with REAL ambition do.

They don't hide behind a "Sky pot of money" and price themself out of the biggest fight of their careers because of ego alone.

Has wlad signed? Though not looking good for haye

I dont think he has, its just a very strong agreement, Im not expecting a U turn and him to fight Haye, cant believe people still blaming Haye, when they AGREED the fight and Wlad choose Chisora at the last minute.

Adamek has faced good heavyweights and a 100% Arreola would have knocked him out, Adamek is getting knocked out.

Has wlad signed? Though not looking good for haye

I dont think he has, its just a very strong agreement, Im not expecting a U turn and him to fight Haye, cant believe people still blaming Haye, when they AGREED the fight and Wlad choose Chisora at the last minute.

Adamek has faced good heavyweights and a 100% Arreola would have knocked him out, Adamek is getting knocked out.

Haye never signed a contract and bitched out when Wlad said I'm having a fight in the interim. If I was Haye I'd hurry up and get my mandatory out of the way before Vitali signs up his 2nd fight of the year or Haye's gonna miss out.

I prefer Wladimir Klitschko vs Tomasz Adamek to be honest.

When i dislike a boxer i really can't be bothered with him anymore. I dislike Haye. I really think Adamek will make a go of his title shot and get into a brawl with Wlad. I see a KO win in this fight (Wlad being the winner).

It appears that Adamek has, infact, signed a deal with BOTH brothers, which leaves his eventual opponent up for debate until nearer the event!...

David Haye's hopes of unifying the heavyweight division before his planned October retirement have been hit by the Klitschko brothers' latest fight deal.

Tomasz Adamek, 34, will challenge one of the world champion Klitschkos in Poland in September.

Wladimir Klitschko, the IBF and WBO champion, fights Britain's Dereck Chisora on 30 April and WBC belt-holder Vitali meets Odlanier Solis in March.

It means WBA champion Haye is running out of time to face the Ukrainian pair.

Haye, 30, had been close to agreeing a 2 July date with Wladimir before the younger Klitschko brother opted to face the inexperienced Chisora in Germany.

If both Klitschkos were to lose their next fights, the deal with Adamek would be dead. If one loses, Adamek would face the other brother. If both brothers win, the choice of Adamek's opponent would be decided by the Klitschko side.

Poland's Adamek has one defeat in 44 fights with 38 knockouts and his fight with a Klitschko brother will take place at one of the venues built in his homeland for the 2012 European Championships.

"I am very happy," said Adamek.

"I would like to thank the Klitschkos for being very generous with the percentage offer. I am looking forward to this fight.

"It doesn't make a difference to me which Klitschko I fight. Right now they are both the biggest stars in the boxing world and I want to fight the biggest stars. I'm grateful for the opportunity."

Vitali Klitschko added: "Adamek is very experienced, fast and a hard punching opponent.

"Whether it is Wladimir or me, we have to be very concentrated during the entire fight. It is fantastic that a Polish and a Ukrainian boxer will be together in the ring."

In contrast to the protracted, troubled negotiations between Haye and the Klitschko camp, Adamek's promoter Kathy Duva said she had no problems reaching an agreement.

"I didn't have any of the problems other people talk about," said Duva.

"I've had a long relationship with [Klitschko adviser] Shelly Finkel for something like 30 years and that probably helped.

"But when the time came to talk to Klitschko manager Bernd Boente, we were in synch right away.

"I know how to get a deal done. I didn't have any problem with them at all. And I had a fighter who said, 'This is what I want, please go out and get it.'"

Ukrainian WBO, IBO and IBF heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko spoke to FanHouse concerning the recent deal that will allow himself or his older brother, WBC king Vitali Klitschko, to face Polish-born former light heavyweight (175 pounds) and cruiser weight (200 pounds) titlist Tomasz Adamek in September in a European soccer stadium that borders Germany in either Wroclaw or Warsaw Poland.

A July 2 match between the 34-year-old Wladimir Klitschko (55-3, 49 knockouts) and 30-year-old WBA king David Haye (25-1, 23 KOs) of England had been considered for a time before the younger Klitschko took an April 30 bout opposite 27-year-old Zimbabwe native Dereck Chisora (14-0, nine KOs) of London.

The 39-year-old Vitali Klitschko (41-2, 38 KOs) is coming off of October's unanimous decision victory over former titlist Shannon Briggs (51-6-1, 45 KOs), and is slated for a March bout opposite 30-year-old Cuban-born Odlanier Solis (17-0, 12 KOs), a former 2004 Olympic gold medalist who is coming off of last month's 10th-round disqualification victory over Ray Austin (28-5-4, 18 KOs).

The 34-year-old Adamek (43-1, 28 KOs), of Jersey City, N.J., is expected to return to the ring in April after having thrilled the partisan fans with last month's fifth-round stoppage of New York's 36-year-old Vinny Maddalone (33-7, 24 KOs) at his adopted home of the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J.

FanHouse: How happy are you with the deal for you or your brother to face Tomasz Adamek in September, assuming that each of you wins his next fight?

Wladimir Klitschko: The heavyweight division has a lack of good names. I mean, there are only a couple of names that you can mention.

There's Tomasz Adamek as a possible opponent, and David Haye, and that's it. There are some other good fighters. Dereck Chisora is a good fighter, and I'll be in the ring with him on April 30.

Dereck is promoting himself pretty good. He's being loud, sort of like a David Haye. But he's definitely not established yet. For my brother and I, those are really the only few names that you can make in the heavyweight division right now.

But of those, the only big names are David Haye and Tomasz Adamek. So, in that respect, I am very happy that we have reached the deal that either Vitali or I will get to fight Tomasz Adamek in September.

Are you still holding out any hope of getting David Haye in to the ring?

Well, David Haye may still be able to step in on July 2. I mean, he's kind of still off and looking for an opponent. I mean, Ruslan Chagaev was suspended and can not fight in Great Britain.

So that means that David Haye sort of has to look for another opponent. I guess that he has started to do that, although I am unaware of what the deal is with the WBA's mandatory situation.

But it's possible that the fight with David Haye still could happen in July as it was planned for by us.

So you're okay, obviously, with Tomasz Adamek as a substitute for now?

Tomasz Adamek is like the perfect opponent. I mean, he has been a champion in two other different weight classes. And for boxing fans, I believe that he will offer a very exciting fight.

Do you believe that Tomasz Adamek is better than David Haye?

Do I think that he is better? I think that he has more technique than David Haye and a great deal more strategy than David Haye. I think that, technically, he is better than David Haye.

David Haye, obviously, has a better record in terms of the knockout ratio. Not in the amount of fights, obviously, but in the amount of knockouts that David Haye has.

Bu they are different fighters, and, probably, David Haye is better in the aspect of punching power than Tomasz Adamek. But that's actually obvious when you compare their records.

But Adamek is more experienced. I will put it to you this way.

How is your abdominal injury that forced you to pull out of the initially scheduled Dereck Chisora fight?

My abdominal muscle is shaping up and coming back very good. So I will be back in training camp by the beginning of March and I will get ready for Dereck Chisora and the April fight.

I've done most of my rehabilitation, but, you know, as they say, the best doctor for that is the time. Right now, I just have to stay out of surfing. I have to stay out of any other athletic things to do.

It's just a time for rest, so, that's what I've been doing. That's what I've been trying to do for the past few weeks. So I will just continue to do that, and then, I'm going to be fine.

WelshDevilRob and Joe Ko - the Steve Crocodile Fitch and Floyd Mayweather Snr of the David Haye fan club...

mlol/

Its all Haye's fault...............

Wlad clearly ducked, dont make excuses, Chisora is a nobody he doesnt have to fight him and he isnt being a nice guy for giving Chisora his chance, its a smokescreen.

Adamek is crap, lost to Dawson, went life and death with Cunningham who Haye sparked in sparring and out on his feet vs Arreola.

I still don't get why Haye should even have a say in whether Wlad fights Chisora first - provided he turns up for the fight with Haye, that's all Hayemaker need worry about. Pretty rich demands from the people who dropped out of the first fight at a fortnight's notice.

Adamek isn't up to much, but someone said he was one of the three best opponents for the Klitschkos, along with Haye and Solis

I must admit this whole situation is getting confusing now, the ego and politics involved are making this silly.

Initially I was under the impression that if Wlad and Haye signed for July fight, the organisations would allow a unification fight over a mandatory, but by Wlad signing for Chisora first the WBA would have forced Haye to make his mandatory against Chagaev. Along with negotiations and TV dates for Haye to start making that fight was Chagaev's health issue. All those things taken into account Haye couldn't then sign for the July date with WK (plus the risk of Wlad not being ready in 9 weeks is a consideration). So I think Haye was kind of saying forget Chisora and lets do July so we don't have to fight mandatories etc in between.

Now the whole Chagaev saga looks like it will conclude with him not being able to fight in the UK, the fight probably wont happen (I think)? So it might leave Haye available for a July fight with Wlad after all, unless the WBA then appoint another mandatory in place of Chagaev?

I don't think this is down to the 2 fighters not wanting to fight, they are just trying to protect their position and earning ability.

I still don't get why Haye should even have a say in whether Wlad fights Chisora first - provided he turns up for the fight with Haye, that's all Hayemaker need worry about. Pretty rich demands from the people who dropped out of the first fight at a fortnight's notice.

Adamek isn't up to much, but someone said he was one of the three best opponents for the Klitschkos, along with Haye and Solis

Adamek is the third best option for Wlad, Solis and Haye would beat Adamek convincinly but he is in position with his wins.

Haye is getting all the hate and everyone thinks Wlad has done nothing wrong, cause they dont know the whole story.

...Whereas you do?

Haye himself has said he ended negotiations because he was ready to sign and then Wlkad said he was taking Chisora 6 weeks before, and Haye said "no way - when he drops the Chisora fight i'll sign to fight him, until then it's dead." But why? if Haye agrees a deal with Wlad, he can ask the WBA for an extension or whatever.If wlad wants to take someone else at short notice before Haye, that's none of Haye's business.

Haye deserves abuse for either one of two reasons,

1. He is a nosey bastard who is making an issue of Klitch fighting before July, which is none of his business.

or

2. He and Booth are too stupid to have negotiated a compensation clause in the event of Klitch being beaten by Chisora, or sustaining an injury making him unable to fight.

...Whereas you do?

Haye himself has said he ended negotiations because he was ready to sign and then Wlkad said he was taking Chisora 6 weeks before, and Haye said "no way - when he drops the Chisora fight i'll sign to fight him, until then it's dead." But why? if Haye agrees a deal with Wlad, he can ask the WBA for an extension or whatever.If wlad wants to take someone else at short notice before Haye, that's none of Haye's business.

They had the WBA agreement, for Haye to fight Wlad next, that wont happen because he chose to fight Chisora, meaning Haye's WBA agreement went out the window and he would have to fight Chageav, he couldnt in March or April, so he would fight Chageav in mid May and fight Wlad in July, its impossible and Wlad knew that by fighting Chisora, also Klitschko had 30 days to tell Chisora if the fights on or not and the Klitschkos told Chisora it was on on the 30th day, understand. ...

That's not true - Haye said on Victoria Derbyshiore that "if we agree the fight, I can go to the WBa and ask for an exemption" - not "I have got permission"

The WBA rules only say that a match must be agreed for a unification in order to request the exemption from the mandatory,they don't say it has to be the champion's next fight.

After Haye beat Harrison he could have fought someone else the same night, much l;ess 6 to 8 weeks later.

That's not true - Haye said on Victoria Derbyshiore that "if we agree the fight, I can go to the WBa and ask for an exemption" - not "I have got permission"

The WBA rules only say that a match must be agreed for a unification in order to request the exemption from the mandatory,they don't say it has to be the champion's next fight.

After Haye beat Harrison he could have fought someone else the same night, much l;ess 6 to 8 weeks later.

So why didnt wlad agree?, it was Haye who said it was dead but Wlad didnt sign either.