Fury handed Botha test

Faulks

Fury handed Botha test

Young heavyweight to tackle former contender

Tyson Fury will continue his education against veteran heavyweight Francois Botha at Wembley Arena on February 19.

The undefeated Briton will appear on the Hennessy Promotions bill that features Lenny Daws' British light welterweight title defence against Ashley Theophane.

The 6ft 9in slugger has been calling out every domestic heavyweight, with little success, leaving the door open for the 42-year-old 'White Buffalo' to step up.

"Botha's an experienced and very tough fighter and not a man to be taken lightly," said Fury.

"He has shared the ring with some truly world class fighters in his time and experience is a big factor in boxing.

"But to be the best I must overcome all obstacles that I'm presented with, like him, I will never shy away from fighting an opponent."

Botha has lost only to the best - with Michael Moorer, Mike Tyson, Lennox Lewis, Wladimir Klitschko and, just last year, Evander Holyfield besting the South African.

"This old man is coming to England to give him a boxing lesson," said Botha. "He is a young up and coming star in the UK but look at who he's fought and look at who I've fought - and hopefully the UK will have a great fight as long as it lasts.

"I hear that Tyson is a good fella and maybe I'll share a beer with him after he wakes up from the knockout the White Buffalo is going to impose upon him."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12183_6694915,00.html?