As sick as I am of Haye lovers I'm more annoyed by...

iamasadlittleboy

...Deontay Wilder fans. WTF do they think he's learning from the fights he's having? He may as well stay in the gym for all the help that fights with Dan Sheehan, Dustin Nichols et al are having. At Least Haye is fighting moderate and experienced fighters (even if they are older then Jesus himself) Wilder needs someone like Zack Page...

Is Wilder just an American hope?

Yet American fans still want to say they are bringing him along well...eurgh...are the yanks really that desperate for a heavyweight contender?

No I (yanks) or we are not desperate for a Heavy contender. We would like to see more Heavy competittion regardless of where it comes from.

They can come from "Coconut City" Haikou for all I care.

Excuse me for answering a question with a questions.

What or who do you consider a "Yanks"?

I am absolutely not offended by Yanks. Really not at all. I live in the US, Parents from Boriken, I was born in Trenton, New Jersey. Raised for mostly in Texas and they refer to those from upstate as "Damn Yanks" lol.

I consider myself Puerto Rican but I don't have the smell of Plantains stuck on my skin so to speak. The wonderful people (Boricua) do not consider anyone born outside of of the island despite having both parents from P.R.

It's only a formality that bothers me not. I know who I am.

pero hago todo a la brava ;)

Yanks is a general term Brits use to refer to "americans" (USA), it's meant in a joking fashion more than anything and is more aimed at the "USA USA USA" types.

Though it means something slightly different in the US doesn't it where it's just folk from the Northern states or something?

It's a bit like when Americans used "English Joe Calzaghe" when the bloke is welsh.

didnt know wilder had any fans. im sure people are interested in his progress but i dont see any hype train around him. in fact, every time hes on TV or mentioned by most of the big writers they talk about how raw and unrefined he is.

of course, this is the internet and there are probably some nutcases out there that think wilder is a contender or something.