Pacquiao to fight another 6 times according to Arum

WelshDevilRob

Pacquiao to fight another 6 times according to Arum

Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum expects WBO welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao to continue boxing until at least 2013. When he recently met with Pacquiao in the Philippines, the superstar boxer told Arum that the plans to fight at least two times per year, until 2013, and then retire.

The first fight of this year will be on May 7 against Shane Mosley. Pacquiao is expected to return in September or October for his second fight of the year.

"[He won't retire] before 2013. He told me that on the day of his birthday in the Philippines. Between 2011, 2012 and 2013, he plans to have six fights," Arum said.

The issue that continues to come up is whether the boxing world will ever see a fight between Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jr. Arum doesn't see it taking place for the moment. He recently made attempts to contract Mayweather, who never returned any of the calls.

"Mayweather? You said Mayweather," Arum said. "Please, does anyone know where he is or where to find Floyd Mayweather Jr.?"

Seems a reasonable amount of fights. There isn't a great list of opponents out there for him - I don't see him going up above welter again to be honest at least to a full weight. So that leaves Mosley, Berto, Williams and a few others. Add to that a couple that might come up a weight like Bradley/Alexander (Khan seems impossible) and a very remote chance of a third with Marquez. What else is there for him to do?

Marquez has to happen then. Berto needs to quit dropping in weight and please, please fight someone in your weight class! No more gimme's! Fight Berto or Williams and then no where to go but up. Sergio Martinez.

If the fight with Floyd is not going to happen then go up because absolutely no one in Jr. welter or welter offer no challenge.

Sorry Roachie, your fighter has to bang with the big guys to even challenge himself.

He (Pacman) has done nothing short of demoralize any of his opponents as of late. Absolutely, positively no one present a challenge!

Sorry Maywether fans, Not even Floyd can beat Pacman. I'll take Floyd's silence on the matter to mean he cannot be competitive, so he'll play the quite game and wait and "seem" to be what ever he thinks he is seeming to be.

But to me, l see right through the facade! As I have always done.

NO ONE can beat Pacman.

"does anyone know where to find Floyd Mayweather?" I could give it a shot: Known residence: Las Vegas. Any warrants outstanding? No, is bailed pending trial on assortment of charges in...Las Vegas. Last known whereabouts...Las Vegas. Gee Bob, you tried the Pinkertons?

edsel - if he truly is unbeatable, on that basis perhaps he could retire now and save us all a bother? I'd love to know which graveyard Bob's going to dig up another 5 fighters from - GoldenBoy's not very likely and he's used up most of his own fighters. Oh hang on, there'll be a Cotto rematch, a Cintron fight, maybe he can rig Morales-Marquez so Morales wins and they have a fourth fight. Then there's Berto. I'm sure he could fight some light-middleweights...oh but hang on, they'd have to drain first - after all, Manny's only a little guy, it wouldn't be fair.

I know that sounds cynical, but I'm still not even close to a job with Top Rank press.

I don't believe it and even if it is true,does anyone really believe Pacquiao is going to take that many risks in those remaining fights?

I'm fairly confident that they're setting Pacquiao up for a rematch with Cotto late this year.Outside of that,who knows?

Only fights I want to see Pacquiao in is against Marquez,Berto,or even one of the other welterweight or junior welterweight title holders.

I don't believe it and even if it is true,does anyone really believe Pacquiao is going to take that many risks in those remaining fights?

I'm fairly confident that they're setting Pacquiao up for a rematch with Cotto late this year.Outside of that,who knows?

Only fights I want to see Pacquiao in is against Marquez,Berto,or even one of the other welterweight or junior welterweight title holders.

Personally, I think those are all shoe-ins provided he keeps winning.

Berto and Marquez were the two alternatives for his current fight, so it would go without saying that their names will come up again for his next outing.

Plus the 140 lbs division, is soon going to have an outstanding number 1.

I doubt he'll fight Khan, so the Bradley vs Alexander winner surely makes sense, if Khan intends to chase Floyd next?

154lbs is asking too much of him imo.

It may provide some interesting matchups, but mainly due to the potential opponents being significantly bigger to try and compensate the gulf in talent he generally has over his foes.

Marquez has to happen then. Berto needs to quit dropping in weight and please, please fight someone in your weight class! No more gimme's! Fight Berto or Williams and then no where to go but up. Sergio Martinez.

If the fight with Floyd is not going to happen then go up because absolutely no one in Jr. welter or welter offer no challenge.

Sorry Roachie, your fighter has to bang with the big guys to even challenge himself.

He (Pacman) has done nothing short of demoralize any of his opponents as of late. Absolutely, positively no one present a challenge!

Sorry Maywether fans, Not even Floyd can beat Pacman. I'll take Floyd's silence on the matter to mean he cannot be competitive, so he'll play the quite game and wait and "seem" to be what ever he thinks he is seeming to be.

NO ONE can beat Pacman.

Just what I like to see a nice balanced post. I have no doubt you were one of those nice little Pakow fans that said he had nothing to prove when Mayweathers camp asked for blood tests, but you are quite happy to find Mayweather guilty because he refuses to speak to some lowlife New York shyster lawyer.

No doubt i'll be accused of being a freaky Mayweather fan, for having the temerity to point out your predjudice.

Was it like this during the era of the Big Four, or was uit differemnt because they had each other to fight again and again? I mean Leonard looked absolutely unbeatable so presumably whoever he took on (except the other three) there was a bit of a sense of "oh, well that's a foregone conclusion really"? I know it was like that for RJJ, but Roy's light-heavyweight colleagues geuinely weren;t up to much in later years.

Was it like this during the era of the Big Four, or was uit differemnt because they had each other to fight again and again? I mean Leonard looked absolutely unbeatable so presumably whoever he took on (except the other three) there was a bit of a sense of "oh, well that's a foregone conclusion really"? I know it was like that for RJJ, but Roy's light-heavyweight colleagues geuinely weren;t up to much in later years.

The internet wasn't around then so I am sure it was hard to tell.

Sometimes I wish the internet wasn't around in this era of boxing, too.

To be fair it was nearly always a forgone conclusion when Hagler or Leonard fought, but with Tommy ( chin ) and Duran ( lifestyle ) there was a bit of mystery.

I've always found it funny when people waffle on about Hatton, he is just a baby at the game. Roberto used to take half of Panama on the piss for weeks at a time after a fight.

I'd like to see Pacquiaos' next 6 opponents pan out something like this (over next 3 years):

1- Berto, 147 - Berto needs to step up in class. This would be a big bout for both.

2- Marquez/Soto 140 - Finally put this rivalry to rest (against Marquez). Or if Soto wants to move up, fight him.

3- Bradley, 140 - Can Pacquiao beat a skilled African-American fighter?

4- Maidana, 140 - This would be a war while it lasted and in 2 years time Maidana might be better.

5- Alvarez, 147-154 - Alvarez will be a boxing star in 2 and a half years time. This would be a huge bout.

6- Benavidez/Ortiz/Brook, 147-154 - Finish his career with a big win over one of the new stars on the scene.

Others:

- Williams/Angulo - If Pacquiao fights a top 154lb fighter he could fight one of these. Although, i can't see them being able to fight at 154lbs for much longer. I think their futures lie at middleweight.

- Floyd Mayweather Jr - I'm convinced the fight won't happen and don't care.

But, i think Arum will have him fight the likes of Cotto, Mayorga, Foreman, Peterson...

I've just looked at some of Top Ranks' fighters and there are a few i've either mentioned in my wish list or who could make good fights in a few years time when they've developed:

- Soto

- Benavidez

- Martirosyan

Soto? As in Humberto Soto? I don't like that fight - Soto did well to win his last outing, I thought he was a little too far gone for even that.

I've never been a big fan of his. I remember him being linked to a Pacquiao fight for over a year not long ago. But, i never wanted to see it. But, in recent performances especially in the last, he looked great.

This is why i matched him up with JMM. A great bout that needs to be made is JMM vs Soto. The winner of that could fight Pacquiao at 140lbs.

NO ONE can beat Pacman.

Just what I like to see a nice balanced post. I have no doubt you were one of those nice little Pakow fans that said he had nothing to prove when Mayweathers camp asked for blood tests, but you are quite happy to find Mayweather guilty because he refuses to speak to some lowlife New York shyster lawyer.

No doubt i'll be accused of being a freaky Mayweather fan, for having the temerity to point out your predjudice.

Yes I am a Packy fan or whatever disparagingly comment you like to make in regards to Manny fans.

McBride, I understand that blood pressure medication causes the body to get rid of excess sodium (salt) and water to help control blood pressure...

Impotence (physically and mentally) is a contributing factor to, No?

Stop being so nasty you old git!

I don't accost you when you speak so vehemently about your favorite boxer now do I?

Absolutely not.

Let people now speak freely, let them speak there mind about what they think with out fear of being accosted about what they think.

We are all free moral agents who answer to God (or whoever your deity of choice is) and God only.

This is a forum not East/West Germany from times past.

I admire your knowledge and religious like fevor when it comes to the sport, I really do.

But please tone it down, please sir.

(I don't know how much validity my, "..please sir"will have after I just called you an old git? lol no hard feeling old timer!

NO ONE can beat Pacman.

Yes I am a Packy fan or whatever disparagingly comment you like to make in regards to Manny fans.

McBride, I understand that blood pressure medication causes the body to get rid of excess sodium (salt) and water to help control blood pressure...

Impotence (physically and mentally) is a contributing factor to, No?

Stop being so nasty you old git!

I don't accost you when you speak so vehemently about your favorite boxer now do I?

Absolutely not.

Let people now speak freely, let them speak there mind about what they think with out fear of being accosted about what they think.

We are all free moral agents who answer to God (or whoever your deity of choice is) and God only.

This is a forum not East/West Germany from times past.

I admire your knowledge and religious like fevor when it comes to the sport, I really do.

But please tone it down, please sir.

(I don't know how much validity my, "..please sir"will have after I just called you an old git? lol no hard feeling old timer!

This post is pure gold. Are you by any chance an African by way of texas Edsel? You have a certain religious moral fervour in your typing that I have only encountered in Africa before now. I like it :)

lets name 6 top rank fighters or free agents from 154-135...

soto, cotto II, foreman, rios, antillon, chavez jr.

...an exciting bunch... yawn

Wouldn't mind seeing Martirosyan and Chavez Jr given a beating TBH

ahh forgot martirosyan... yup i agree with that, both could use a beating

Calm yourself down edsel, you might burst a blood vessel. I expected that reaction from someone caught blatantly discriminating against a fighter with nothing other than opinion to form his accusations.

For future reference please spare me the god bollox as I am proud to be an atheist, and find religious speak rather irritating. In much the same way you find being called a Pakow fan disparaging i suppose.

As you say though, no hard feelings, but i would respectfully suggest you do your homework on the relationship between Arum, and Mayweather and you will perhaps see why Mayweather would rather cut off his own arm than speak to the cretin.

Furthermore it would appear he is not alone, other fighters who have dealt with Arum despise him also.