Guess who's been caught with a diuretic

iamasadlittleboy

According to the Las Vegas Review Journal, junior welterweight contender Joan Guzman has tested positive for Furosemide, a diuretic banned in Nevada.

According to the article the Dominican tested positive after his fight versus Jason Davis on the Amir Khan-Marcos Maidana undercard this past December. Both Guzman and Davis were over the agreed upon 141 limit for the fight.

Perhaps Guzman took a page from lightweight contender Ali Funeka. You may recall that Guzman defeated Funeka this past March in the rematch of their controversial but lost the IBF title that was at stake prior to the bout when he weighed in 9 pounds over the 135 pound limit. Funeka received a 9 month suspension from the Nevada State Atheletic Commission after the bout for testing positive for the same diuretic, Furosemide.

The NSAC will determine Guzman's fate later this month.

[url]http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=34789[/url]

Hopefully this is the end of Guzman on the major stage. He is a disgrace to the sport and the sport doesn't need him.

I've been saying exactly that for about 4 or 5 years now, but he keeps getting chance after chance and pissing it up a wall.

The guy is a Grade A cock.

I can't believe ANYONE at all has even the slightest time of day for the guy still...???

I can't understand it either mate. I find it hard to believe he even has a fanbase to support him any more. Why do the tv companies want anything to do with him?

they dont

The thing is though, recent history says they do, because despite f*cking up every opportunity that ever comes his way, he's still given lucrative TV offers, and still manages to land on his feet every time.

I've never thought the guy was all that good anyway, and going right back to when he pulled out of a fight with Scott Harrison (yes, THAT long ago), I've simply not been impressed with his attitude or his effort.

I can guarantee he'll still find himself a promoter and a TV date, despite this.

The TV networks are like the flies to his sh*t.

I can't understand it either mate. I find it hard to believe he even has a fanbase to support him any more. Why do the tv companies want anything to do with him?

they dont

The thing is though, recent history says they do, because despite f*cking up every opportunity that ever comes his way, he's still given lucrative TV offers, and still manages to land on his feet every time.

I've never thought the guy was all that good anyway, and going right back to when he pulled out of a fight with Scott Harrison (yes, THAT long ago), I've simply not been impressed with his attitude or his effort.

I can guarantee he'll still find himself a promoter and a TV date, despite this.

The TV networks are like the flies to his sh*t.

his last fight wasnt televised was it? seems like the funeka rematch was the last straw