RJJ in Prizefighter?

WelshDevilRob

RJJ in Prizefighter?

According to the Ringside show on Sky, Roy Jones Jnr has contacted Matchroom to ask to be included in a future Prizefighter competition.

Barry Hearn has said in the past that he was thinking of opening it up to international fighters rather than Brits.

Would you like to see Roy in Prizefighter?

It will look bad on his record once he retires. Imagine in 20 years time and we look back at his record. In the last 7 years he has gone from being the first man in about a century to go from middleweight champ to heavyweight champ (the least important title though) to being a guy who loses to anybody who is ranked relatively favourably.

It will look bad on his record once he retires. Imagine in 20 years time and we look back at his record. In the last 7 years he has gone from being the first man in about a century to go from middleweight champ to heavyweight champ (the least important title though) to being a guy who loses to anybody who is ranked relatively favourably.

his record will be tarnished but I dont think it will leave a bad mark on how people remember his talent, many fighters are still raved on about today despite going on too long and RJJ was immense in his prime

I'm a big Roy Jones fan, and it'd break my heart to see him participating in it, even if he won. The purpose of Prizefighter is to either to put a young guy on the Map, revive a Career that's lingering, or in some cases actually bring a guy back from the Dead (in Audley's case, not for the better either). I don't think it's purpose is to showcase how far a Hall of Famer has slipped.

Yeah, Ryan, but as Brick points out, in this case a Roy Jones is high enough profile and the slide documented well enough that it won't damage his legacy like those late career slides sometimes do for guys who were Champs, but not P4P'ers. Basically, all the damage that can be done, already has been (IMO).

I think people are forgetting just how crap rjj has become. I don't think he'd win. The guys he would be in with would be trying just that little bit harder

Yep. His opponents are gonna come out like Danny Green and Jones will get kippered.

Roy would lose to a schoolboy amatuer these days, he's shot to buggery.

I think people are forgetting just how crap rjj has become. I don't think he'd win. The guys he would be in with would be trying just that little bit harder

I dont know mate hes fallen alot but the hand speeds still there, he shouldnt need his legs too much in 3 round fights. Most people who go in prizefighter have seen better days so Id back a Jones whos past his best rather than a domestic level fighter whos past his best. Hes just gone the distance with Hopkins too which I wouldnt expect alot of the prizefighters to do.

I think it would add a bit of a spark if RJJ entered Prizefighter. I know I would watch it and imagine many others would too. He should win, but there would always be that slight doubt as those who he fought would raise their game. Lets face it Prizefighter has a mix of fighters, those early in their careers, and those in the latter stages. RJJ is worthy of a place - bearing in mind Harrison was in it!