Haye...the WBA and...Rahman? O_o

iamasadlittleboy

With David Haye as their Heavyweight champion I felt it was time to look at the rankings of the WBA. It was time to see if their top 15 made any real sense, and to see who, if Ruslan Chagaev can’t fight Haye, will be Haye’s next mandatory defence. The rankings used in this article are the WBA’s rankings from December 2010 and are freely available on WBAonline.com.

Firstly their champion is David Haye, Haye won the title by beating Nikolay Valuev on 7th November 2009, since then he has made a mandatory defence (against John Ruiz 3rd April 2010) and a voluntary defence (against Audley Harrison 13th November 2010).

Continued

http://hubpages.com/hub/David-Haye-and-the-WBA-Heavyweight-rankings

If Haye fights Rahman, that will be it for me. I will no longer follow the farce this sport is becoming. Instead I shall watch fights from years past, enjoying the skills when boxing was still a sport to be savoured.

Boxing is only my number two sport anyway.

I've already mostly undertaken what you have planned. Although the prospect of Degale fighting Groves and the Bradley vs Alexander is keeping me from giving it up altogether.

Re: Haye...the WBA and...Rahman? O_o

With David Haye as their Heavyweight champion I felt it was time to look at the rankings of the WBA. It was time to see if their top 15 made any real sense, and to see who, if Ruslan Chagaev can’t fight Haye, will be Haye’s next mandatory defence. The rankings used in this article are the WBA’s rankings from December 2010 and are freely available on WBAonline.com.

Firstly their champion is David Haye, Haye won the title by beating Nikolay Valuev on 7th November 2009, since then he has made a mandatory defence (against John Ruiz 3rd April 2010) and a voluntary defence (against Audley Harrison 13th November 2010).

Continued

http://hubpages.com/hub/David-Haye-and-the-WBA-Heavyweight-rankings

You really dont like Haye

Joe is right I don't like Haye, though I have only stated facts. It's not my fault the WBA have dire rankings, it's not my fault Haye has been fighting old men and it's not my fault that Haye has been unable to secure a really meaningful fight against a genuine champion at HW.

The WBA are the original. Its complaining about them in the past that has lead us to 30+ champions in each weight.

Haye is the Heavyweight Champion he has the original belt. Klitschkos never had it and they want it. Haye just has to not retire.

Joe is right I don't like Haye, though I have only stated facts. It's not my fault the WBA have dire rankings, it's not my fault Haye has been fighting old men and it's not my fault that Haye has been unable to secure a really meaningful fight against a genuine champion at HW.

The WBA are the original. Its complaining about them in the past that has lead us to 30+ champions in each weight.

Haye is the Heavyweight Champion he has the original belt. Klitschkos never had it and they want it. Haye just has to not retire.

Original doesn't mean any good. The WBA are the ones with 3 middleweight champions, so many interims that THEY have 30+ champions themselves, they are the ones with the Super-duper-galaxy champions and they are also the ones that somehow managed to give Dmitry Salita a mandatory.

Haye has a title made of paper.

Original doesn't mean any good. The WBA are the ones with 3 middleweight champions, so many interims that THEY have 30+ champions themselves, they are the ones with the Super-duper-galaxy champions and they are also the ones that somehow managed to give Dmitry Salita a mandatory.

Yes the WBA have alot of faults. Are we saying the WBC don't or the IBF? Lets kick the WBA and they are bad but the others are just as bad.

The original is the original. We complain about multi titles etc the others are the 'multis'. Thats fact not opinion.

Yes the WBA have alot of faults. Are we saying the WBC don't or the IBF? Lets kick the WBA and they are bad but the others are just as bad.

The original is the original. We complain about multi titles etc the others are the 'multis'. Thats fact not opinion.

The original is just as bent as any of the others. The others are bad but they tend to stay with just 1 champion in a weight, their mandatories tend to make some sort of sense and they all have more logical ratings. The original doesn't make it the best or the most legitimate.

The original is just as bent as any of the others. The others are bad but they tend to stay with just 1 champion in a weight, their mandatories tend to make some sort of sense and they all have more logical ratings. The original doesn't make it the best or the most legitimate.

No, thats not accurate. Bob Lee and the IBF weren't up for corruption etc a few years back? NO? The WBC ain't got a Silver belt or a Diamond belt?NO?

Mandatories having some sort of sense has not been something boxing did for along time. Not sure why the WBA get special praise for being bad - they all bad and corrupt, this is boxing.

No, thats not accurate. Bob Lee and the IBF weren't up for corruption etc a few years back? NO? The WBC ain't got a Silver belt or a Diamond belt?NO?

Mandatories having some sort of sense has not been something boxing did for along time. Not sure why the WBA get special praise for being bad - they all bad and corrupt, this is boxing.

The IBF have NO interims and have just 16 champions at the moment, the WBA have 30. The IBF may have BEEN corrupt, the WBA ARE corrupt. Bob Lee is no longer there is he?...Mendoza and co are still with the WBA...and they couldn't even answer Dan Rafael's question as to why 3 champions is good for boxing.

The WBC belts you mentioned-Silver isn't considered a world title, a Diamond belt seems to be nothing other than a ceremonial toy. A bit different to having an interim, a world and a super champion or a champion in recess in the same division (which the WBA have in the Middleweight). Yes they are all bent, but don't defend one as being original, they are the reason for all the others, not the cure.

The IBF have NO interims and have just 16 champions at the moment, the WBA have 30. The IBF may have BEEN corrupt, the WBA ARE corrupt. Bob Lee is no longer there is he?...Mendoza and co are still with the WBA...and they couldn't even answer Dan Rafael's question as to why 3 champions is good for boxing.

The WBC belts you mentioned-Silver isn't considered a world title, a Diamond belt seems to be nothing other than a ceremonial toy. A bit different to having an interim, a world and a super champion or a champion in recess in the same division (which the WBA have in the Middleweight). Yes they are all bent, but don't defend one as being original, they are the reason for all the others, not the cure.

Haha, you should work for the IBF or WBC in their PR divisions.

It's all the WBA's fault! - Yeah right lol.

Isn't darts having a similar thing? The sport was being run by the BDO(?), but they completely mismanaged it so many of the players left and formed the other organisation(PDC is it?). The latter is seen as more legitimate even though it's a much newer body.

BDO (British Darts Organisation) is amateur, it's older but the competitions pay much less and do proper "international" competitions (i.e. England v Wales)

PDC (Professional Darts Corporation), is all professional, it's newer, it's run by Barry Hearn and is mainly on Sky, players generally play for themselves and are the best players.