Pavlik demands mega money

The_budweiser

British super-middleweight champion James DeGale appears to have landed on the radar of former world champion Kelly Pavlik.

But the American's team are demanding US$3-4million to face the 2008 Olympic middleweight champion.

Earlier this week, DeGale's promoter Frank Warren said he would make a fight for "Chunky" against Pavlik "in a hearbeat".

His comments came even though DeGale has had just nine professional fights.

And the statement caught the eye of Pavlik's management team.

Representative Cameron Dunkin told Boxingscene.com: "If Warren gives us $3 or 4 million dollars, we'll do it," Dunkin told BoxingScene.com.

"This reminds me of when [trainer] Emanuel Steward was in New York, and he was telling me, with [his boxer only having] six fights in, that Andy Lee would knock out Pavlik.

"And then he [Lee] got knocked out by Brian Vera. You have to give these guys time [to develop]."

http://www.frankwarren.tv/index.php/news/fwtv-news/latest-news/875-pavlik-demands-mega-money.html

Warren shits out after opening his mouth. Like Tyson once said "Sign the contract, big boy"

I think had Pavlik's team put a realistic number out there then you could say that, Pavliks team have asked for far too much

The fighters just come out of rehab so maybe they are taking the piss in reply to Warren taking the piss.

Also, there is alot of value in fast tracking and Pavlik would be giving DeGale that opportunity - they have alot to lose and nothing to gain.

Warren shits out after opening his mouth. Like Tyson once said "Sign the contract, big boy"

I think had Pavlik's team put a realistic number out there then you could say that, Pavliks team have asked for far too much

The fighters just come out of rehab so maybe they are taking the piss in reply to Warren taking the piss.

Probably, but why not something like "Give us a year and we'll beat the snot out of your Goldenboy" rather than look like their making ridiculous demands.

Probably, but why not something like "Give us a year and we'll beat the snot out of your Goldenboy" rather than look like their making ridiculous demands.

Cos, they probably know Warrens challenge ain't worth anything. They are saying throw money at us to fight a novice and they will do.

Warren is just doing the Arum trick of 'name and swap', i.e big name and swap to someone else. Publicity is the game. Warren ain't really gonna risk DeGale at this stage and he can't afford it.

If Pavlik's been earning $2-3m per fight, on HBO, then why would he be short-changed by fighting a 9 fight novice on a British card?

I think they're only stating facts. Warren has presented an unrealistic chance of a fight as a publicity stunt, and when he's given the price for making the fight, he'll still try and milk it for even more exposure, with no intent whatsoever of ever signing any deal.

He's just playing the game, like he always does....just like his "Brook vs Khan" stunt.

It was a nonsense.

If Pavlik's been earning $2-3m per fight, on HBO, then why would he be short-changed by fighting a 9 fight novice on a British card?

I think they're only stating facts. Warren has presented an unrealistic chance of a fight as a publicity stunt, and when he's given the price for making the fight, he'll still try and milk it for even more exposure, with no intent whatsoever of ever signing any deal.

He's just playing the game, like he always does....just like his "Brook vs Khan" stunt.

It was a nonsense.

Because calling his bluff would be hilarious "Pavliks says yes to DeGale"

Warren says "Oh shit...erm...no...changed my mind mate"

"Pussy"