Mitchell eyes Murray match-up

The_budweiser

Kevin Mitchell is hoping to secure a big domestic dust-up with the unbeaten European lightweight champion John Murray.

Mitchell has not been seen in a ring since dropping his own undefeated tag in a WBO title fight against Michael Katsidis at Upton Park in May.

It has since emerged that Mitchell suffered an eye injury in the run-up to that third round stoppage loss, and the 26-year-old has since undergone surgery.

The Dagenham scrapper is also desperate for the chance to avenge that defeat but a clash with free agent Murray looks more makeable at this stage.

"I had an eye injury before the Katsidis fight and thought it was ok, but it came back during the fight and I split my eye muscle," Mitchell told Main Event Radio Show.

"I had the operation done and hope to be back after getting my [boxing] license back. John Murray would be a good domestic fight and could fill any stadium.

"We could do it in Birmingham, meet each other half way, but the one I really want is Katsidis back."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12183_6659280,00.html

I wouldn't mind this fight happening be one of the fights most domestic fans would look forward to.

Id favor Kevin Mitchell movement and work rate to win a UD. I think John Murray's over rated and should of stepped up by now but hasn't for some reason.

Who do you think would win this fight?