Felix Sturm's next opponent is... <Drumroll>

brooklynbrawler

Yet another waste of time....

WBA super world middleweight champion Felix Sturm will face up- and coming prospect Ronald “The Choosen One” Hearns, the son of boxing legend Thomas Hearns, in his ninth title defense on February 19 at the Porsche Arena in Stuttgart, Germany. It will be the second fight for Sturm under his own promotional banner, Sturm Box-Promotion. The kick-off press conference is scheduled for today. Tickets for Sturm-Hearns are available online at

www.eventim.de.

I want someone half decent to just go to Germany and knock him the hell out.

He's been wasting people's time with these sort of opponents for far too long...

I was highly critical of this when I first heard it. But Sturm seems to be branching out and promoting his own fights. He also said in an interview that he needs to goto the US and beat the best in order to be recognised as the No.1 in the division. So, while this fight is a formality, I can see the sense in it and if Sturm eventually does what he intends to do then all good.

I posted the interview on here, well worth a read.

I was highly critical of this when I first heard it. But Sturm seems to be branching out and promoting his own fights. He also said in an interview that he needs to goto the US and beat the best in order to be recognised as the No.1 in the division. So, while this fight is a formality, I can see the sense in it and if Sturm eventually does what he intends to do then all good.

A few years ago I read the same things spoken by Sven Ottke and Henry Maske, if this match is for the launch in the States (that however remember his good match against De La Hoya) i'm ready to change my mind.....but there are also good opponents in the old Europe is not necessary to look USA for them

A few years ago I read the same things spoken by Sven Ottke and Henry Maske, if this match is for the launch in the States (that however remember his good match against De La Hoya) i'm ready to change my mind.....but there are also good opponents in the old Europe is not necessary to look USA for them

I agree, Crusader. I think they are getting the famous name on the cheap. (Hearns). But if he is true to his word and he acknowledges that he is not the best in the division yet - then cool with me. He is showing ambition that alot of German based fighters don't.

If Huck vs Lebedev was on neutral ground then Denis would be champion.

I don't believe him rob.The guy's held this title for years and shown no ambition.He had his chance to capitalize on his beating of De La Hoya(regardless of what the scorecards said) and he completely let it slip by.He didn't seem to even want anything to do with another german based in Abraham while he was still in the middleweight division.

Reminds me of how long Anthony Mundine said he was going to step up and fight the big names and never did.And we know what happened to him recently.Like Mundine,Sturm isn't getting any younger,and if he's not careful he'll eventually get beat by one of these hand picked opponents.