Does Haye only fight old men?

iamasadlittleboy

David Haye may be one of the most talked about figures in world boxing today, one of 4 British World champions (with Carl Froch, Amir Khan and Ricky Burns) and probably the biggest Pay Per View selling in Britain. He has however lacked the wins that would help give him the memorable legacy that both Froch and Khan appear to be chasing by fighting the best fighters out there. Opponent for opponent the likes of Kessler, Dirrell, Abraham, Pascal and Taylor (Froch's last 5 opponents) over shadow the opponents Haye has faced. In fact Khans opponents which include Marcos Maidana, Andriy Kotelnik and Paulie Malignaggi also seem to at least equal Haye's best wins.

Read More http://hubpages.com/hub/David-Haye-the-pensioner-basher

I know some say Age doesn't matter but it is a bit odd that 1/2 of Haye sopponents have been 34 or older...

So experience counts for nothing, oh he is over 30 thats means he isnt good.

Very dumb view.

Haye fought the best, at Cruiserweight while he was down there.

He hasnt at Heavyweight yet but other than the Klitschko everyone is over 30 arent they???

Firstly, Vitali's 39 and Wlad's 34, so I'm not sure which Klitschko you're referring to?

Maybe a far-off cousin that Haye is contemplating fighting, because he doesn't seem to want to fight either of the brothers? mlol/

Nobody said anything about fighters over 30 being not that good, but if you consider Harrison was 39 (and should retire), Ruiz was 38 (and did retire right afterwards), Valuev was 37 (and had the reflexes of a stoned panda), Barrett was 36 (and long past his fighting peak), Mormeck was 35 (and people give him plenty of credit for it), Bonin was 34 (and a journeyman at best).....

It's pretty clear he is picking up wins over mainly fighters who are on their last legs...

I've not given him pelters for it before, but Haye definitely did not fight "the best" at cruiserweight.

He fought the one guy considered the best, and then a top 5 guy, and noone else.

Noone.

Experience only counts for something when the guys aren't shot. Sadly when guys like Adamek, Arreola, Povetkin and Solis are around these are viable options. Audleys experience extends to domestic level no further. Experience is neutralised by inactivity and being over the hill.

Also Haye had 2 very good fighters at cruiser that he didn't face. Cunningham and Wlodacyzk, both better than Mac and younger than Mormeck, in fact the Pole is younger than Haye, has fought more than Haye and has had the same amount of title fights.

I like Haye, Id love him to beat the Klitschkos or at elast fight them, but to be honest none of his actions can be defended, hes got a pretty shit record, he unified cruiser but was only there a few seconds after hed unified so he didnt defend against the up and comers such as adamek, then he's had fights fall through 3 or 4 times now against the Klitschkos, which no matter who's fault it is (I think its a bit of both) it is always going to look bad on Haye, after all this talk he's yet to back it up and shouldnt be demanding 50/50 to start with! He may bring alot of PPV himself, but do you think Hatton for example got 50/50 against the reigning lineal champion Kostya Tszyu and Hatton brought alot more money to the table than Haye

Tony Thompson is late 30's he is still rated as a top ten fighter in the division, he was sparring partner for Haye and got completly battered, "Dont believe the Harrison camp saying he got knocked down".

Stop saying he hasnt fought anyone, it doesnt really matter he knows the talent is there.

He is using a top 10 contender for sparring says it all.

Tony Thompson is late 30's he is still rated as a top ten fighter in the division, he was sparring partner for Haye and got completly battered, "Dont believe the Harrison camp saying he got knocked down".

Stop saying he hasnt fought anyone, it doesnt really matter he knows the talent is there.

But by applying your logic from other threads, the Klitschkos have never fought anyone decent and Wlad beat Thomspon, so Haye is using a guy who's no good as a sparring partner.

Thompson isn't rated by the WBA (which I do find weird), in fact....not one of the orgs rank him in the top 10 (WBC have him at 11 and the IBF at 13). So erm..yeah he's not a "top 10 contender" fighter unless you'd rather have boxrec (#6), ESPN (#8) or ibo(#7). Ring don't have him in their top 10, neither do fightnews (16).

Also Wladimir beat him years ago in a dominant fashion so Hayes sparring against a guy Wlad has already beaten anyway...*

*Note-I do like Thompson seems like a decent guy and a half decent heavyweight.

But by applying your logic from other threads, the Klitschkos have never fought anyone decent and Wlad beat Thomspon, so Haye is using a guy who's no good as a sparring partner.

I stand by that aswell the era is really poor havent beaten many good people. Haye will be the same, he hasnt fought anyone really good either.

They need each other, They are the only stand out fighters of the era imo, not that you will agree with me (Haye)

It comes across to me that you think Haye vs Klitschko is another one of those mismatches, I dont its 50/50 but I favour Haye.

I stand by that aswell the era is really poor havent beaten many good people. Haye will be the same, he hasnt fought anyone really good either.

They need each other, They are the only stand out fighters of the era imo, not that you will agree with me (Haye)

It comes across to me that you think Haye vs Klitschko is another one of those mismatches, I dont its 50/50 but I favour Haye.

I like Haye in terms of ability, but it's difficult for me to have any belief in him winning when he's fighting such awful opponents.

You can only base your thoughts on his ability on a hunch, because he's never proven a thing at heavyweight against anyone even remotely decent.

I like Haye in terms of ability, but it's difficult for me to have any belief in him winning when he's fighting such awful opponents.

You can only base your thoughts on his ability on a hunch, because he's never proven a thing at heavyweight against anyone even remotely decent.

That's exactly what I was about to say - Haye's cruiserweight career, however short on defences,was almost a model for others. If he'd carried that momentum to heavyweight he'd have justified not hanging around. It's because he's been such as hypocrite and the way he's fought against such limited opposition that I think he's not got much chance - his speed is the only chance he has, in my opinion, and he's going to struggle to get out of the way of the jab, just as everyone else has.

That's exactly what I was about to say - Haye's cruiserweight career, however short on defences,was almost a model for others. If he'd carried that momentum to heavyweight he'd have justified not hanging around. It's because he's been such as hypocrite and the way he's fought against such limited opposition that I think he's not got much chance - his speed is the only chance he has, in my opinion, and he's going to struggle to get out of the way of the jab, just as everyone else has.

Dont blame Haye though, Booth has done his job as a MANAGER and Haye has had under 30 fights and is No1 boxing attraction in the UK and world recognised fighter, you cant really fault what they have achieved, but as a hardcore fan its frustrating but thats the way it is.

I just look at Wlad and Vitali's opponent and think Haye could beat them all maybe some even better.

Dont blame Haye though, Booth has done his job as a MANAGER and Haye has had under 30 fights and is No1 boxing attraction in the UK and world recognised fighter, you cant really fault what they have achieved, but as a hardcore fan its frustrating but thats the way it is.

I just look at Wlad and Vitali's opponent and think Haye could beat them all maybe some even better.

Uk No1 boxing attraction got dumped for Khan...so looks like Khan is No1 boxing attraction. Haye is seen as a joke in mainland Europe and the Americans don't seem to have a good word to say about him either. No point in being recognised as the ducker. Not a great thing to retire with under 30 fights, not many fighters with that few are remembered fondly, Haye won't be either.

I look through the welterweight, light welterweight and light middleweight divisions and see fighters both Pacquiao and Mayweather could take apart, but they don't, preferring to fight the Shane Mosleys of this world, or not to fight at all.

Haye dumped Frank Maloney and joined the Naz and various other self-promoted fighters who decided they could do everything much better, and ended up just fighting dross.