Klitschko, Solis quotes

Wheelchair

WBC Champion Vitali Klitschko (41-2, 38 KOs) will defend his title against Cuban Odlanier Solis (17-0, 12 KOs) at LANXESS Arena Cologne, Germany, on March 19. Solis is ranked #1 in the WBC and Klitschko’s official mandatory challenger.

Vitali Klitschko: “I have heard and read different quotes from Solis saying that I tried to avoid him. This is nonsense. There’s a reason why I’m WBC Champion and I am proud of holding the same title that Muhammad Ali, Mike Tyson and Lennox Lewis held. I will show inside the ring that I am the strongest heavyweight champion and I am 100 percent sure I will successfully defend my title. But I know Solis is a very tough opponent and I will not underestimate him.”

Odlanier Solis: “The Klitschkos seem to think that I am just another opponent like the last tomato cans they cherry-picked so Vitali could easily beat them up. But I am not only the mandatory challenger. I have been the best amateur fighter in the world and I will prove that I am the best professional fighter as well. Klitschko should be afraid to lose his title. I will end his career.”

Bernd Bönte, Managing Director of Klitschko Management Group (KMG): “We are glad we have a signed contract and a go for March 19 in Cologne. Solis is definitely one of Vitali’s toughest opponents. I think it’s a very interesting fight for the audience.”

In Germany, Klitschko vs. Solis will be shown live and exclusively on RTL. Ticket sales start on January 26 and will be available on http://www.eventim.de. Prices start at 25 euro.

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/klitschko-solis-quotes-72077

Re: Klitschko, Solis quotes

Odlanier Solis: “The Klitschkos seem to think that I am just another opponent like the last tomato cans they cherry-picked so Vitali could easily beat them up. But I am not only the mandatory challenger. I have been the best amateur fighter in the world and I will prove that I am the best professional fighter as well. Klitschko should be afraid to lose his title. I will end his career.”

Think he is right, Vitali always trains hard anyway, but Solis is the best prospect out there.

He actually think he would beat Adamek who is rated the best contender out there

Solis is a copy of Chris Arreola both have good talent but both lazy bums. They do just enough to get by and dont push themselves to fullfil their potential.

Solis and Haye do not have much to separate them in regards to talent, the thing that marks them apart is that Haye has more drive and determination.

Solis, Arreola, Johnson, these guys could have made this a golden generation. But they are lazy in and outside the ring. Waste, bloody waste.

Solis is a copy of Chris Arreola both have good talent but both lazy bums. They do just enough to get by and dont push themselves to fullfil their potential.

Solis and Haye do not have much to separate them in regards to talent, the thing that marks them apart is that Haye has more drive and determination.

Solis, Arreola, Johnson, these guys could have made this a golden generation. But they are lazy in and outside the ring. Waste, bloody waste.

I don't think Haye has more drive but he has more financial backing and more exposure to get himself the bigger fights.

It dumbfounds me why he hasn't taken the opportunities he undoubtedly has.

And yeah, when I said they had the same chance, I didn't quite mean no chance, but definitely a small chance, probably 70/30 in the Klits favour.

I see Solis with as much chance of outworking Vitali as Haye has of knocking Wlad out. Not out of the question, but only slightly above the "puncher's chance" cliche.