Budweiser Boxing Annual Awards 2010, Results

The_budweiser

Fighter of the year: Sergio Martinez

Fight of the year: Amir Khan v Marcos Maidana , Juan Manuel Marquez v Michael Katsidis.

Round of the year: Amir Khan v Maidana , Round 10

Knock-out of the year: Sergio Martinez v Paul Williams

Upset of the year: Ricky Burns v Martinez

Worst fight of the year: Audley Harrison vs David Haye

Prospect of the year: David Lemieux ,Saul Alvarez

Robbery of the year: Beibut Shumenov vs Gabriel Campillo II

Trainer of the year: Freddie Roach

Promoter of the year: Golden Boy Promotions

British fighter of the year: Carl Froch

British prospect of the year: James DeGale

British fight of the year: George Groves v Kenny Anderson

Thank you to all who voted

Fair play the voters got it all spot on. The awards all went to the right fighters etc.

The winners will each receive a can of Budweiser. mlol/

I think we got the British fighter of the year wrong rob

Froch lost against Kessler then beat Abraham.

Ricky Burns beat a awkward Youssef Al Hamidi , won the WBO against the undefeated Roman Martinez and was a massive outsider in his first ever world title fight, and the went on and did his first ever title defence against Andreas Evensen.

Fair play the voters got it all spot on. The awards all went to the right fighters etc.

The winners will each receive a can of Budweiser. mlol/

I think we got the British fighter of the year wrong rob

Froch lost against Kessler then beat Abraham.

Ricky Burns beat a awkward Youssef Al Hamidi , won the WBO against the undefeated Roman Martinez and was a massive outsider in his first ever world title fight, and the went on and did his first ever title defence against Andreas Evensen.

I voted for Burns. Thought he deserved. Froch lost a fight so no idea why he rates as the No.1. But thats peoples choice.

Well, my exact answers were only around 50% the same as these answers. But, i'd agree that a few were close. For example, i had Litzau beating Caballero as upset of the year, Khan as British fighter of the year, DeGale as BOTH World AND British prospect of the year and Sam Sexton vs Dereck Chisora as British FOTY. But, i'd agree some of the picks that differ from mine were very close to my opinion.

I wasn't really familiar with Ricky Burns either,so I'm surprised that got so many votes.I knew that it was an upset,but I didn't think it was that big of one.

I'm surprised Roy Jones and Hopkins didn't get more votes as the worst fight of the year.That truly was shocking.Twelve rounds of pure torture to watch that one.

I'm surprised Roy Jones and Hopkins didn't get more votes as the worst fight of the year.That truly was shocking.Twelve rounds of pure torture to watch that one.

I picked Harrison vs Haye because it was a farce but also because i never had the "pleasure" of watching RJJ vs Hopkins (there was no way i was staying up until 5am to watch that!). But, from what i've heard from everyone i've asked it was 12 rounds of boredom. So in that sense, i would say it was much worse than Harrison vs Haye (which we only had to put up with for less than 9 minutes). So i'd probably agree worst fight of the year was RJJ vs Hopkins but i never watched it so don't know.