Alvarez-M Hatton in March?

WelshDevilRob

Alvarez-M Hatton in March?

By Gabriel F. Cordero

Sources report that European welterweight champion Matthew Hatton has accepted a fight with hot Mexican prospect Saul “Canelo” Alvarez, possibly on March 5 at the Honda Center in Anaheim, California. Hatton was the second option after handlers of WBA welterweight champion Vyacheslav Senchenko allegedly rejected a $550,000 offer. HBO have reserved that date for a ‘Boxing After Dark’ show and there is also a chance of a bout between Michael Katsidis and Robert Guerrero.

This does pop up every month or so.Hatton's not world class and never will be.Even if he does pick up some worthless paper title(for an org that has like three to each division),it won't mean anything.

Take the cash and await your beating.

I didn't realise Hatton was the No.1 contender. Maybe Senchenko could earn quite alot defending against him in the UK in what looks an easier opponent than Saul Alvarez.

If I was in charge of Senchenko then it'd be Hatton 1st then another good payday against Alvarez.

No Hatton is ranked No6 I think, Hatton aint great but to his credit has beaten some really tough euro standard guys, Senchenko vs Hatton is a decent fight, winner can fight Saul.

I didn't realise Hatton was the No.1 contender. Maybe Senchenko could earn quite alot defending against him in the UK in what looks an easier opponent than Saul Alvarez.

If I was in charge of Senchenko then it'd be Hatton 1st then another good payday against Alvarez.

No Hatton is ranked No6 I think, Hatton aint great but to his credit has beaten some really tough euro standard guys, Senchenko vs Hatton is a decent fight, winner can fight Saul.

Right enough...I had it in my head that he was mandatory for some reason?

I remember reading a couple of months back that there was the option of either Alvarez or Senchenko, and thought the title shot should be his focus, but doesn't appear that he is the mandatory challenger...

In which case, he is primed for an all British showdown with Kell Brook?

I think it makes sense for both fighters?