Video: Teddy Atlas berates promoter Kalle Sauerland

WelshDevilRob

Teddy Atlas berates promoter Kalle Sauerland

It seems Sauerland Events promoter Kalle Sauerland is continuing to work his way off the Christmas card lists of boxing professionals around the globe.

Having got into a verbal confrontation with WBC super-middleweight champ Carl Froch in the build up to his fight with Sauerland promoted Arthur Abraham, Sauerland now finds himself embroiled in a back and forth with Alexander Povetkin trainer Teddy Atlas.

Here is Atlas in an interview with Polish site Bokser.org sticking it to the promoter for suggesting heavyweight prospect Povetkin should return to his former trainer…

Interesting that Sauerland is trying to move Povetkin. Think he's better off with Atlas. Atlas seems to have his best intreests at heart if you take what he said about Sauerland was going to have too big a cut of the purse from Povetkins proposed fight with Klitschko before.

Was Povetkins hand broken in his last fight or just badly hurt? Could be that Sauerland sees Povetkin as the ideal man to step in to fight Haye if Chagaev isn't medically cleared.

Atlas YouTube interview removed

The explosive video interview in which Alexander Povetkin-trainer/ESPN Commentator Teddy Atlas unleashed a stream of personal attacks on Hall of Fame promoter Wilfried Sauerland and his son and promoter Kalle Sauerland, as well as allegations against Germany’s largest promotional firm Sauerland Event, has been removed from YouTube. Bokser.org, the site that conducted the interview, informed Fightnews.com that they were asked to remove the interview “because it makes too much scandal.”

Atlas seems a bit of a tit to be honest. Is he really that thick he believes only American managers, and promoters screw fighters for every penny they can?

As for Sauerland never wearing a glove, so what? I dont think Don King did either, but it didn't stop him killing at least one fella. Horses for courses.

Tim Witherspoon told a story of when he confronted King in his office about the millions he'd ripped him off for, King just basically laughed in his face. Tim threatened to beat the crap out of him, and King says you try, and i'll hit the panic button, and you wont leave this office block alive.

Witherspoon was under the impression DK meant what he said.

People dont become rich, and powerful because they are soft touches.

Atlas seems a bit of a tit to be honest. Is he really that thick he believes only American managers, and promoters screw fighters for every penny they can?

As for Sauerland never wearing a glove, so what? I dont think Don King did either, but it didn't stop him killing at least one fella. Horses for courses.

Tim Witherspoon told a story of when he confronted King in his office about the millions he'd ripped him off for, King just basically laughed in his face. Tim threatened to beat the crap out of him, and King says you try, and i'll hit the panic button, and you wont leave this office block alive.

unless i wasnt listening closely enough, atlas didnt say anything about american vs. european managers and promoters. sounds like hes disgusted with the sport as a whole.

unless i wasnt listening closely enough, atlas didnt say anything about american vs. european managers and promoters. sounds like hes disgusted with the sport as a whole.

With respect thats not really relevant. Why accept the invitation to go to Eastern Europe to look after an indiginous fighter, when you have been in the game long enough to know how the system works no matter where in the world you are.

Thing is most are disgusted with Atlas, the way he spoke about Andrades father on FNF was unprofessional in the extreme

you've got a point there, one of teddy's many tactless comments.

With respect thats not really relevant. Why accept the invitation to go to Eastern Europe to look after an indiginous fighter, when you have been in the game long enough to know how the system works no matter where in the world you are.

well its relevant to your comparison of DK to sauerlands, etc.

I dont agree at all. Since the fight game began the men in suits rip the fighters off, no matter where in the world. Atlas knows that as well as anyone, so why mouth off about Sauerland?

Truth is as someone else mentioned Atlas just likes to hear himself talk.

I dont agree at all. Since the fight game began the men in suits rip the fighters off, no matter where in the world. Atlas knows that as well as anyone, so why mouth off about Sauerland?

Truth is as someone else mentioned Atlas just likes to hear himself talk.

Sauerland is the promoter of the fighter Teddy Atlas trains so is specifically involved. I don't blame Atlas for mouthing off, if Sauerland is recommending he is sacked. Also, Atlas has nothing to fear and has mentioned in the film that Sauerland was basically ripping Povetkin off.

I'm sure Sauerland isn't the only Promoter that charges too much but in this instance Atlas is involved with the fighter directly.

Atlas gets alot of stick and he could start a fight in a nunnery but he is trying to get boxing sorted out by linking all the boxing commissions in the US - something that would need government legislation and maybe not possible but he is trying.

My point is Rob, that Atlas has been directly involved with dozens of fighters over the years. You can bet your ass most of them have been ripped off one way or another by the men in suits behind the scenes, and Atlas is also aware of that. The only reason he is acting all indignant about Sauerland is because he said Povetkin would be better off with another trainer.