Wlad vs Adamek in September

Wheelchair

“Adamek has agreed to fight Wladimir Klitschko in a soccer stadium in Wroclaw, Poland, in September, in front of 52,000 fans. The deal is done, we just have to put some signatures on paper,” this blockbuster news from Adamek manager, Zyggi Rozalski changes a boxing landscape for 2011.

“I always promised my fans that I will try do something, what was never done in history of boxing: win world title in the three heaviest weight classes. I have two titles, in the light heavyweight and cruiserweight divisions. Just one, in the heavyweight division is left. I will be a heavyweight world champion,” said Adamek after agreeing to fight current IBF/WBO titleholder Wladimir Klitschko .

Rozalski added “We discussed this fight for long time, but in the last couple of days, talking we Shelly Finkel, we just decided to do it. We don’t have an exact date, it has to be agreed between HBO and German television, but it will be most likely in the late September. Both sides agreed that fight will take place in a soccer stadium in Wroclaw where we can have up to 52,000 fans. This way we can accommodate all the Adamek fans from Poland, and Klitschko supporters from Germany and Ukraine,” added Adamek’s manager.

“Like planned, I will have one more fight on April 16 before fighting Wladimir. My team will decide who I will be fighting in the next couple of days,” said Adamek. “Most important for me is the fact that I will be fighting for something I was always dreaming about. I will be ready. I will be a heavyweight champion of the world this September!”

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/adamek-klitschko-to-fight-71755

I have always admired Adamek, a great and true warrior, he never avoided any opponent. For me, with W.Klitschko he lost to TKO, but I appreciate his courage and hope I am wrong. Then the winner of this match I hope that fight with David Haye.

I'm coonfused: Just because Wlad decides to fighgt Chisora before he fights Haye, why does that invalidate any agreement for a unification bout? Haye says that if Wlad fights Chisora first, he[Haye] has to face Chagaev in the mean time, but provided he's actually signed to face Klitschko in a unification, why would the WBA say "that dopesn;t count because your not his next fight"?

I assumed the September one is because Haye has said no to him fighting in April and July

Just reading the article kinda suggests they been planning this for awhile, Gav.

Haye said yesterday he was hoping Wlad would change his mind and the July fight would go ahead. Looks like he hasn't.

This sport takes the piss.

I would have thought it was possible to hve a few irons in the fire though - contracts ready to be signed, dates provisionally chosen, venues on standby. Then when you know one way or the other, you say "ok, go". That's why it's always baffled me when fighters tae months to organise fights - you could be doing lot of the groundwork well in advance.

Either way, it'll be interesting to see who on earth Haye finds to fight after Chagaev.

I would have thought it was possible to hve a few irons in the fire though - contracts ready to be signed, dates provisionally chosen, venues on standby. Then when you know one way or the other, you say "ok, go". That's why it's always baffled me when fighters tae months to organise fights - you could be doing lot of the groundwork well in advance.

Either way, it'll be interesting to see who on earth Haye finds to fight after Chagaev.

I know that they probably has several options lined-up but they don't seem to be hanging about to resolve any issues over the Haye fight.

I just think they have gone ahead regardless and knew that fighting Chisora would cause problems. Maybe this is sweet revenge for the Haye pullout before. Whatever the case it stinks.

Although they have taken the piss, K2 have been very clever here. Not only have they dragged out the chance of a Haye fight to the last second (a day before they had to inform Chisora of that fight), they have also signed up to fight the only other possible contender that Haye could face, leaving him with nowhere to go before he retires. They really have done a number on him and I suspect as Gav said previously they have done this to get revenge on him for all his antics in the past few years.

Perfect revenge would be to KO him, but their way he is getting KO'd from the heavyweight scene and not getting paid either.

Haye really needs to go back on his word of retiring now, otherwise he will never get the chance to fight either of these 2. I don't think anyone can argue K2 are the reason this isn't happening now.

Very true Jab. Adamek would have been the fight to make and if not him then Odlanier Solis but both are fighting the Klitschkos.

I can't see anyother Heavyweights out there. Beating Chagaev at least gives Haye the WBA title til next April/May 2012. Even if he does retire in October, he shouldn't announce it until he has to give up the belt. Make them wait to get their hands on it.

Although I guess there would be the chance of Haye fighting Vitali on the July date? Vitali is due to face Solis in March so he could make July 2nd barring injury.

I suppose thats very possible but I think more realistically it'll be Vitali later in the year rather than July. Vitali is the only real option left interms of a big fight.

I'm fine with this. I think the Klitchskos should just ignore Haye. They don't need him. They should make him fight into his mid 30s like other boxers. Had Haye fought the level of competition the Klitchkos have fought, he would have lost much more than he has.

I have written more in this thread: http://budweiserboxing.forumcircle.com/viewtopic.php?t=7962

Team Klitschko Confirm Tomasz Adamek Fight; Details

By Rick Reeno

Bernd Boente, manager of heavyweight champions Wladimir and Vitali Klitschko, has confirmed to BoxingScene.com that serious negotiations are indeed taking place to fight Tomasz Adamek in September. Contrary to published reports, there is nothing set in stone that Wladimir will be the actual brother to fight Adamek. The fight could very well end up with Vitali and Adamek, says Boente. Adamek is open to facing either brother.

"That's the difference between Tomasz Adamek and David Haye. Adamek said that he is ready to fight either brother, where Haye said that he would not fight Vitali and would only fight Wladimir," Boente told BoxingScene.com.

Wladimir is scheduled to defend his WBO/IBO/IBF titles against Dereck Chisora on April 30. Adamek is going to return on April 16, and Vitali Klitschko defends his WBC belt against Odlanier Solis in March. The schedules of both brothers will be crucial in the finalization of which of them enters the Adamek fight.

Both sides are seriously exploring the idea of staging the fight at a new soccer stadium in Poland

"The important thing is, is that everyone is willing to do this fight. You won't believe how many phone calls that I've already got from Polish journalists. It's unbelievable. It would also be the grand opening of that stadium, which is new. All of these stadiums are being built for the European championships next year. We have to see the schedules. Wladimir has Chisora in April and Vitali will have Solis in March and then he may want to fight again in June or early July. If Wladimir beats Chisora, he will probably fight in September, but first is the Chisora fight and then we'll talk about what's next," Boente said.

If Wladimir is the brother who decides to enter against Adamek, where does that leave a potential fight with WBA heavyweight champion David Haye on July 2? Based on the recent comments of Haye's manager, Adam Booth, who said the "Klitschko fight is a dead situation" - Boente is not going to waste his time.

Source:

www.boxingscene.com

The Klits are systematically taking care of any other top level options Haye could have lined up.

Pretty smart move given the attitude he has given to fighting them in the past few months, believing he can call all the shots.

The only issue I am taking with this, is that by Boente's own admission, Wlad won't likely fight again until September after signing to face Chisora in April.

A few days ago did he not say Wlad could still make the July date to face Haye, or was that only paper talk?

Vitali is free in July, so there's a free opportunity for Haye to get in there and face a Klit anyway...