Klitschko blasted for avoiding Haye

WelshDevilRob

KLITSCHKO BLASTED FOR AVOIDING HAYE

Wladimir Klitschko should feel ashamed of himself for opting to fight Dereck Chisora rather than set up a unification bout with David Haye, according to the latter's manager and trainer Adam Booth.

Haye, the WBA champion, has been engaged in protracted negotiations with the Ukrainian, who holds the IBF and WBO titles and is regarded as the world's best heavyweight as holder of the respected 'Ring' belt.

However, it was announced on Wednesday that Klitschko will instead honour his agreement to fight Haye's fellow Londoner Chisora, on April 30, after a stomach injury forced the champion to pull out of their proposed clash last month.

An unimpressed Booth told Sky Sports News: "There were lots of people that know Wladimir really didn't want this fight yet.

"It's a shame. It's embarrassing for boxing that the unification fight isn't going to happen now because David's bent over backwards. We've conceded to every single ridiculous demand they made.

"From the start they said 50-50. David said fine, even though potentially we're putting in the pot three or four times more than they're putting into the pot because of pay-per-view Sky box office. David still said 'let's get the fight done 50-50'.

"They said the fight had to be on their German broadcaster even though our German broadcaster was prepared to pay more. We said fine. They said 'we're not coming to England for the fight'. David said 'fine, I'll go to Germany'. They said Wladimir has to be in the red corner, Wladimir has to come in second, Wladimir's name has to be first on the poster and all these other ridiculous, egotistical things, and David said 'fine, have it, just get him in the ring with me'.

"The last thing was, here is the date we now have, we said yes, Sky have approved that date and they turn round and say 'we're now doing Chisora'.

"Wladimir should feel ashamed of himself."

It seemed the financial arrangements for Haye versus Klitschko had been agreed but several stumbling blocks - chiefly available television dates - had yet to be sorted out.

Booth cannot fathom why Klitschko would not agree to fight Haye - other than not being convinced he would triumph.

He added: "When Wladimir first spoke of fighting David, when David was still a cruiserweight, I think he was confident but now as a heavyweight I genuinely don't think he's as confident.

"If he was, why would he want to go out and fight Chisora? If he's confident of beating David, and he's got it all his own way, and we've agreed to all of his terms, if he's confident of beating David, why is he fighting Dereck Chisora for a fraction of the money that he would make to fight David? It makes no sense to me."

Haye had hoped to fight Klitschko in the spring and then his brother Vitali, the WBC champion, in late summer or early autumn before hanging up his gloves as undisputed champion.

"I'm retiring next year, so they have got to pull their socks up," Haye said after mauling Audley Harrison in November. "They have got a deadline and a deadline is a deadline.

"I retire before I'm 31 (October 13) and no way am I going to wait around. It puts an extra bit of pressure on them."

However, unless he can instead face Vitali first and then Wladimir, Haye will now have to wait until the end of this year or even early 2012 before achieving his goals.

Vitali, though, has a mandatory defence against unbeaten Cuban Odlanier Solis on his agenda, leaving Haye kicking his heels until June at the earliest.

British and Commonwealth champion Chisora - who has an unbeaten 14-fight record - was always hopeful he would still get his shot at Wladimir and it was confirmed on Wednesday they will meet in the spring, with Germany still hosting the bout.

"This news is a fantastic late Christmas present," Chisora said.

"I always believed that I would fight Klitschko, and my faith has been repaid. I was a bit worried that he might try to fight an easier touch, but I think I've earned my opportunity.

"I was gutted when Wladimir pulled out of our fight just a couple of days beforehand.

"But now I've got another chance to take his titles away.

"He's a great world champion, but his time at the top is well and truly up.

"My promoter Frank Warren has done a great job in getting me this opportunity because there was no guarantee Wladimir would fight me again after he got injured."

lol its amazing how delusional some people are

Whose delusional, grape?

Klitschko's latest comments:

"The fight with Haye is not off, the fight is on," Klitschko said, smiling brightly.

"We had to get clearance on a date with Sky TV for pay-per-view in the UK and they were concerned about conflicting with the upcoming Royal Wedding. So the wedding is set for the end of April and we got clearance on a fight date of July 2, for sure."

"I will fight Chisora on an April date, in Germany. Then we will move foreward with Haye."

-------------------

Wlads saying it didn't go ahead cos of the Royal Wedding lol. Its not even on the same day.

His manager is saying on Boxingscene that the fight didn't go ahead cos of the Amir Khan fight - these guys need to get their story straight. mlol/

Regardless, Klit made a promise, so to speak, to fight Chisora. Got injured, cancelled the fight due to injury. Now he is better so why not let the fight continue as agreed. I know Chisora doesnt deserve a shot at the title but more so than Morales.

At least the guy is active.....

Despite what I read I still do not understand the posturing or politics. Maybe, Rob, davemurphy, or gav..., would like to fill us all in on the hindsight stuff..., if there is any????????????????????????????????????

I've said all along that after Haye messed them about so much the first time(plus the mooted meeting with Vitali that never came to anything) I'd freeze him out just for spite, and it's possible that's what they're doing, but K2 does seem to be demonstrating a bit of a cynical side of late - Sosnowski, Chisora, Briggs...

Whose delusional, grape?

"The fight with Haye is not off, the fight is on," Klitschko said, smiling brightly.

"We had to get clearance on a date with Sky TV for pay-per-view in the UK and they were concerned about conflicting with the upcoming Royal Wedding. So the wedding is set for the end of April and we got clearance on a fight date of July 2, for sure."

"I will fight Chisora on an April date, in Germany. Then we will move foreward with Haye."

-------------------

Wlads saying it didn't go ahead cos of the Royal Wedding lol. Its not even on the same day.

His manager is saying on Boxingscene that the fight didn't go ahead cos of the Amir Khan fight - these guys need to get their story straight. mlol/

that article is biased. booth and the british media are delusional.

Whose delusional, grape?

-------------------

that article is biased. booth and the british media are delusional.

And Boxingscene and Bernd Boente aren't?

Haye: I’m done with Klitschkos

WBA heavyweight champion David ‘The Hayemaker’ Haye has branded rival titleholder Wladimir Klitschko a ‘coward’, following the Ukrainian’s decision not to unify the belts in a 2011 showdown. A bout between IBF and WBO kingpin Klitschko and Haye appeared close to completion earlier this week, but Wladimir instead decided on an April 30 title defence against Britain’s Dereck Chisora on Wednesday.

“We agreed to a date of July 2nd at a venue in Germany with both Sky Sports and RTL and everybody appeared happy with the deal,” said a bemused Haye. “We made a few concessions to remove past stumbling blocks and were happy to do so, as it finally looked like the fight would get made.

“Even through negotiations, though, it was clear Wladimir was looking for the coward’s way out. He would often come up with new obstacles and problems to overcome, and I never once sensed he fancied it.

“He refused to come to England, wanted to pick his own gloves, enter the ring second, box out of the red corner and demanded a German doctor. He also wanted his name to feature first on any promotional material ahead of the event. We bowed to each and every one of his demands. I didn’t want to potentially jeopardise anything this time around.”

With everything in place for a Haye bout, Klitschko nevertheless settled for Chisora. Still adamant the unification clash will happen, Klitschko informed Haye that he plans to deal with both Brits in 2011.

“It should never have come to this,” said Haye, 25-1 (23 KO). “I was available to fight in May and June, yet Klitschko only gave me dates of April 30 and July 2. The April date would be too close to Amir Khan’s next fight, and prove problematic with Sky Box Office, so we settled for July.

“Klitschko claims he’ll fight both me and Chisora, but it’s nonsense. Are we expected to believe that a fighter who competed only once in the whole of 2009 and twice in 2010 is now going to box twice in a matter of nine weeks? A bout with me is the most lucrative, meaningful and dangerous fight Wladimir’s ever had, not some throwaway tune-up. Wladimir won’t fight anybody nine weeks after Chisora, let alone me.

“I now need to look for a fight of my own beyond April, as Amir Khan has that month tied up with his bout. Presumably Wladimir is expecting me to fight in either May or June and then face him in early July. It’s ridiculous.”

This latest twist in the Haye-Klitschko saga has angered the Brit more than any other and, as he now seeks out a title challenger of his own, the WBA champion is resigned to missing out on the fight he says he desperately wants.

“They demanded 50:50 right from the start and we eventually agreed and gave them all they wanted, despite the fact that our side brought three times as much money to the overall pot,” recalled Haye.

“We had venues available for May and June, but Wladimir had no intention of ever coming to England. Unfortunately, he claimed he had no venues available in Germany for May and June and that’s why we find ourselves in the situation we’re in right now.”

Haye added: “If the fight doesn’t happen now, it never will. I’m done with the Klitschkos. I know I can retire later this year with my head held high, knowing I did everything in my power to make these fights happen. I’ve had defining fights and beaten the best in the world as a cruiserweight, but, without me, Wladimir can never say he’s done the same as a heavyweight.”

Source:

www.fightnews.com

That post above, suggests the DH has got the hump because Klitch is implying he will fight them both in 9 weeks as he doesn't rate either of them. It does seem to follow on with the other brother who said he was nothing but a cruiser last week, or whenever he said it.

Anyway, he should think himself lucky, years ago Toney said he'd fight Benn, and Eubank on the same night. mlol/ mlol/ mlol/ mlol/

WBA heavyweight champion David ‘The Hayemaker’ Haye has branded rival titleholder Wladimir Klitschko a ‘coward’, following the Ukrainian’s decision not to unify the belts in a 2011 showdown. A bout between IBF and WBO kingpin Klitschko and Haye appeared close to completion earlier this week, but Wladimir instead decided on an April 30 title defence against Britain’s Dereck Chisora on Wednesday.

“We agreed to a date of July 2nd at a venue in Germany with both Sky Sports and RTL and everybody appeared happy with the deal,” said a bemused Haye. “We made a few concessions to remove past stumbling blocks and were happy to do so, as it finally looked like the fight would get made.

“Even through negotiations, though, it was clear Wladimir was looking for the coward’s way out. He would often come up with new obstacles and problems to overcome, and I never once sensed he fancied it.

“He refused to come to England, wanted to pick his own gloves, enter the ring second, box out of the red corner and demanded a German doctor. He also wanted his name to feature first on any promotional material ahead of the event. We bowed to each and every one of his demands. I didn’t want to potentially jeopardise anything this time around.”

With everything in place for a Haye bout, Klitschko nevertheless settled for Chisora. Still adamant the unification clash will happen, Klitschko informed Haye that he plans to deal with both Brits in 2011.

“It should never have come to this,” said Haye, 25-1 (23 KO). “I was available to fight in May and June, yet Klitschko only gave me dates of April 30 and July 2. The April date would be too close to Amir Khan’s next fight, and prove problematic with Sky Box Office, so we settled for July.

“Klitschko claims he’ll fight both me and Chisora, but it’s nonsense. Are we expected to believe that a fighter who competed only once in the whole of 2009 and twice in 2010 is now going to box twice in a matter of nine weeks? A bout with me is the most lucrative, meaningful and dangerous fight Wladimir’s ever had, not some throwaway tune-up. Wladimir won’t fight anybody nine weeks after Chisora, let alone me.

“I now need to look for a fight of my own beyond April, as Amir Khan has that month tied up with his bout. Presumably Wladimir is expecting me to fight in either May or June and then face him in early July. It’s ridiculous.”

This latest twist in the Haye-Klitschko saga has angered the Brit more than any other and, as he now seeks out a title challenger of his own, the WBA champion is resigned to missing out on the fight he says he desperately wants.

“They demanded 50:50 right from the start and we eventually agreed and gave them all they wanted, despite the fact that our side brought three times as much money to the overall pot,” recalled Haye.

“We had venues available for May and June, but Wladimir had no intention of ever coming to England. Unfortunately, he claimed he had no venues available in Germany for May and June and that’s why we find ourselves in the situation we’re in right now.”

Haye added: “If the fight doesn’t happen now, it never will. I’m done with the Klitschkos. I know I can retire later this year with my head held high, knowing I did everything in my power to make these fights happen. I’ve had defining fights and beaten the best in the world as a cruiserweight, but, without me, Wladimir can never say he’s done the same as a heavyweight.”

Source:

www.fightnews.com

3 times in '08 and generally 2 or 3 times a year since he first became world champion. 2009 saw him having surgery and 2010 saw him injured just prior to what would have been fight 3...Add in the Chisora is basically a tune up anyway...

Source:

www.fightnews.com

lol its amazing the things that come out of haye's mouth. hes is without a doubt the most delusional fighter on the planet if he actually believes the things he says.

I cannot understand why he's having another 5, possibly 9 months off after a fight in which he basically threw one punch. If I'd put all that work into training, I'd want to make it count for SOMETHING and schedule another fight early in the new year. He absolutely tore through the cruisers and the moment he arrived at heavy he seems to have decided to put his feet up.

Perhaps I'm missing something here,but I don't see why Haye's moaning.Klitschko said he'll fight Haye on July 2nd - what's wrong with that date? Why does Haye have a problem with Klitschko taking a fight before fighting Haye?

There's nothing wrong with Haye fighting Chagaev in March in the meanwhile.I know staying active isn't his thing,but Chagaev hasn't looked threatening as of late - and it's a pretty decent name to have on your resume.

Perhaps I'm missing something here,but I don't see why Haye's moaning.Klitschko said he'll fight Haye on July 2nd - what's wrong with that date? Why does Haye have a problem with Klitschko taking a fight before fighting Haye?

There's nothing wrong with Haye fighting Chagaev in March in the meanwhile.I know staying active isn't his thing,but Chagaev hasn't looked threatening as of late - and it's a pretty decent name to have on your resume.

goodp// Agreed 100% I can't see the problem either.

While the fight couldn't be made in April for whatever reason. Haye was still available to fight in May or June. Klitschko wanted the July date. Haye said Yes. Then Wlad decided to fight in April anyway against Chisora.

Haye could just sit back and hope Wlad comes through against Chisora unscathed and then 9 weeks later fights Haye. But it means Haye puts everything on hold in his final year as a fighter.

I agree with you about fighting Chagaev at say the end of March - I don't know if that is an option with regards to Sky. May and June seem to be the months that are free for Haye from a TV point of view.

It seems to me that Wladimir doesn't want to fight and the Haye camp seem to have got that impression.

But it means Haye puts everything on hold in his final year as a fighter.

Why? He can fight Chagaev in a hurry, win, be ready for Klitschko in July. Both camps agree April was no good due to the Sky TV dates. Will Sky be too bothered if they miss out on Klitschko v Chisora?

Haye's not exactly shown a willingness to get on with the job, so it's not like they're destroying his momentum. Throws one proper punch v Harrison, knocks him out and then his next fight is 6 months later.

But it means Haye puts everything on hold in his final year as a fighter.

Why? He can fight Chagaev in a hurry, win, be ready for Klitschko in July. Both camps agree April was no good due to the Sky TV dates. Will Sky be too bothered if they miss out on Klitschko v Chisora?

Haye's not exactly shown a willingness to get on with the job, so it's not like they're destroying his momentum. Throws one proper punch v Harrison, knocks him out and then his next fight is 6 months later.

Haye as your rightly pointing out doesn't get affected by ring rust. grin//

May or June are the available Sky TV dates - not February or March.

Yes, but as you well know, my point was how could anyone be affected by ring rust when the opponents are so poor? Wlad's been out for ages but if he fought Chisora in September after another layoff I wouldn;t expect ring rust to even be relevant - even a rusty version is better than the opponent.