Cotto plans Florida training camp

edsel77x

By Rey Colon / The Sport Press

WBA junior middleweight champion Miguel Cotto (35-2, 28 KOs) will travel with his team in early January to Florida where he will train for a proposed March 12 clash in Las Vegas at the MGM Grand against Ricardo “Matador” Mayorga . Trainer Emanuel Steward will be on hand from the first day at camp.

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/cotto-plans-florida-training-camp-71333

I recall the Training Camp he had for Pacquiao was in Florida and the 24/7 shows they did from there made it look like a Free For All was going on. He had the young Trainer that had never been Lead Trainer before (since Cotto and his Uncle had split), the Fat guy that had been running his Website Fan Club and now was suddenly his Manager, and his Mom was there as well. I recall one scene where everyone is splashing around in the Pool and Mom's giving people Bald Haircuts, and I'm like "who the hell is in charge of this Zoo?". At that moment, there was no question in my mind he was going to lose.

I'm assuming that Manny Steward will run a tighter ship this time in Florida grin//

I recall the Training Camp he had for Pacquiao was in Florida and the 24/7 shows they did from there made it look like a Free For All was going on. He had the young Trainer that had never been Lead Trainer before (since Cotto and his Uncle had split), the Fat guy that had been running his Website Fan Club and now was suddenly his Manager, and his Mom was there as well. I recall one scene where everyone is splashing around in the Pool and Mom's giving people Bald Haircuts, and I'm like "who the hell is in charge of this Zoo?". At that moment, there was no question in my mind he was going to lose.

I'm assuming that Manny Steward will run a tighter ship this time in Florida grin//

yeah, I was rather upset. This is by far the fight of his life and like ODLH, he had underestimated his opponent. It was a vacation!!!

Work the mitts till I work of a little sweat, do two rounds in the ring??????

Arum comes by and tells him that manny is training like a beast. It falls on deaf ears.

For one thing, eating pork is not such a good idea for him in training camp. Boricua love there pork let me tell you but not a good diet choice near fight time or really ever. ( I had to lay off the pork chops)

That kind of meat taxes the body, as it has such a hard time digesting it, if the body can even digest it.

Poor training camp.

It was evident after the second kd that he was finished.

I thought he came out really good in first two rounds, wish he would have taken it more serious.

Manny was rightly busted up though post fight press conference, lol.

yeah, I was rather upset. This is by far the fight of his life and like ODLH, he had underestimated his opponent. It was a vacation!!!

Work the mitts till I work of a little sweat, do two rounds in the ring??????

Arum comes by and tells him that manny is training like a beast. It falls on deaf ears.

For one thing, eating pork is not such a good idea for him in training camp. Boricua love there pork let me tell you but not a good diet choice near fight time or really ever. ( I had to lay off the pork chops)

That kind of meat taxes the body, as it has such a hard time digesting it, if the body can even digest it.

Poor training camp.

It was evident after the second kd that he was finished.

I thought he came out really good in first two rounds, wish he would have taken it more serious.

Manny was rightly busted up though post fight press conference, lol.

Exactly, Edsel. It was like watching a Kid's Playground and not a Training Camp.

Nobody appeared to be in charge and nothing much getting done. I don't know what Manny Steward will bring with regard to his actual fighting, but I sure know one thing, it's not going to be a picnic.