Watson issues rival warning

Faulks

Watson issues rival warning

Craig Watson

Northside Boxing Club’s two-weight Commonwealth champion Craig Watson has issued a warning to his rival, John O’Donnell, ahead of their British Welterweight title battle at Wembley Arena on Saturday, February 5.

"I’m gunning for him, so he better be ready. " warned Watson as final preparations begin for their meeting

With only five weeks to go, Oldham’s current Commonwealth light-middleweight champion – who lost to O’Donnell back in April 2009 on a split decision – has made sure he is fully prepared this time around and not suffering from inactivity.

He said: "I could have done more gym work, and hadn’t boxed in 11 months prior to that fight and was a bit ring rusty, but even after all of my problems I still thought I had done enough to win by two rounds."

"But this time I feel stronger than ever, I’ve had four stoppages in my last six fights. I even won the Commonwealth light-middleweight title with only two days’ notice so I’m not going to leave anything to chance and have been hitting the gym twice a day".

"This time I’m going to score a KO."

http://menmedia.co.uk/middletonguardian/sport/boxing/s/1403946_watson_issues_rival_warning?rss=yes

It will be another close one. Watson seems really up for this and was very active in 2010 which can't be said for O'Donnell who badly needed the 12 rounds in October and to be fair he looked decent. I'm going to stick with O'Donnell on another close points victory.