Did Wladimir duck Chisora?

WelshDevilRob

By Dave Lahr:

IBF/WBO heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko (55-3, 49 KO’s) was supposed to be fighting unbeaten Dereck Chisora (14-0, 9 KO’s) recently, but Wladimir suddenly came up late the week of the fight complaining of a abdominal injury. At first I figured that no way Wladimir would ever consider ducking someone like Chisora, but after seeing photos of Wladimir golfing recently, I just don’t know. I may be wrong but doesn’t golfing require a lot of abdominal muscle use when swinging those big golf clubs?

In the photos of Wladimir, it looked like he was really teeing off on one of those long drives down the fairway. I don’t know what’s the deal with Wladimir not taking the fight, but I wonder if there was some fear of Chisora behind Wladimir pulling out? I think Chisora got the better of Wladimir during their press conferences and may have really gotten into his head with his intimidating manner. Could it be that Wladimir was afraid of getting beaten by Chisora? I wouldn’t doubt it.

Chisora looked like the real deal and he really had his game face on in the last press conference I saw. Wladimir looked uneasy and didn’t look anything like a champion. If I was to guess who the champion was, I’d say it was Chisora. He looked cool and composed. Wladimir looked like a jumble of nerves. The thing is Wladimir will have to face Chisora sooner or later because Chisora is going to keep moving up and will soon be breathing down Wladimir’s neck as his mandatory challenger.

Source: boxingshite24

A valid theory. Although the underdog, William Hill had lowered Chisora's odds on round betting from 100 to 66-1. Yes, still steep odds, but heading in Chisora's favour. Wladimir had it all to lose, if he does go on to fight Haye, one could say that his 'injury' (real or not) came at the right time.

Yeah, right, pro golfers are just known for their washboard stomachs aren't they? Another idiot writer, trying to earn some corn by stretching his imagination to its limit.

The only concern most golfers have about their stomachs, is how much food and drink they can get down to it.

It makes for interesting speculation, but I'd need to know the exact date of the golfing pictures vis a vis the fight cancelation to truely make anything significant out of it. There's a BIG difference between what it takes to fight a HW title fight and what it does to simply knock the little white pellet around the pasture. As McBride points out, you can look at John Dailey and tell that it doesn't require washboard abs to play golf grin//

Only one thing needs to be said about this "article": It's written by DAVE LAHR.

I go to Boxing News 24 everyday. And all Dave Lahr EVER "writes" about (if you can call it writing) is: Pacquiao, Mayweather and the Klitschkos. THAT'S ALL. He hates Pacquiao and the Klitschkos and loves Mayweather jr. Go there, scroll back 5 or 6 pages and you'll see what i mean.

I don't think he ducked him. There's no doubt that Chisora can hit hard, but Klitschko would just jab him to death. Put yourself in Wlad's shoes. If you're up against a brawler like Chisora, you need to have your A game. If he's not 100% fit, why risk his titles against a relative unknown?

Re: Did Wladimir duck Chisora?

By Dave Lahr:

IBF/WBO heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko (55-3, 49 KO’s) was supposed to be fighting unbeaten Dereck Chisora (14-0, 9 KO’s) recently, but Wladimir suddenly came up late the week of the fight complaining of a abdominal injury. At first I figured that no way Wladimir would ever consider ducking someone like Chisora, but after seeing photos of Wladimir golfing recently, I just don’t know. I may be wrong but doesn’t golfing require a lot of abdominal muscle use when swinging those big golf clubs?

In the photos of Wladimir, it looked like he was really teeing off on one of those long drives down the fairway. I don’t know what’s the deal with Wladimir not taking the fight, but I wonder if there was some fear of Chisora behind Wladimir pulling out? I think Chisora got the better of Wladimir during their press conferences and may have really gotten into his head with his intimidating manner. Could it be that Wladimir was afraid of getting beaten by Chisora? I wouldn’t doubt it.

Chisora looked like the real deal and he really had his game face on in the last press conference I saw. Wladimir looked uneasy and didn’t look anything like a champion. If I was to guess who the champion was, I’d say it was Chisora. He looked cool and composed. Wladimir looked like a jumble of nerves. The thing is Wladimir will have to face Chisora sooner or later because Chisora is going to keep moving up and will soon be breathing down Wladimir’s neck as his mandatory challenger.

Source: boxingshite24

What a load of crap.

Why would Wlad be scared of a novice?

IMO, Chisora isn't anything special, he's just as good as the Williams's and Skelton's of England.

Also, it's feasible that Wlad pulled out because him and Haye are negotiating for a fight in Vegas in May of next year.

Other Boxing News 24 "writers" to laugh at include:

- Chris Williams: Exactly the same as Dave Lahr. He hates Pacquiao, Donaire, Filipino fans etc.

- William Mackay: Writes nothing but rants about how he hates Amir Khan.

- Scott Gilford: Rants on about fighters he doesn't like. This week he assures us that "British fans had better come to a realisation that Haye, Froch and Khan will all lose in 2011". Thanks for that, Scott.

I go there most days, despite it being the worst site online for articles, because they are very quick to update results from undercards and main events. If you want results, they are often posted on there before some other sites.

Yeah, what rankles me about a site like that is that so many good internet journalists, many of whom are on the this very website, are clumped in with those guys when the term Internet Boxing Writer is used. I don't like the "holier than though" attitude that many of the mainstream boxing writers (newspapers, major boxing mags, etc) have toward the internet writers, but on the other hand we have people like this with their unprofessional biases that give rise to it.

Chisora can hit hard against the Sam Sextons of this world - it's ot exact;ly like hje;'s displayed rterrifying power by flattening world-ranked contenders is it?

Still, this is a lot less over-the-top than one of mr wheels' comedy articles

nice one Gav, never pull me up for text talk or the like ever again mlol/

cue the 'broken keyboard' excuse

on to the topic, what a load of shite

i'm not a fan of either Klitschko but to say Wlad ducked Chisora is pretty stupid to be honest

what a clown

Sweet Jesus and Mary - I thought it might be a time thing to be honest but it was half 8. My broken keyboard is only affected by the malfunctioning Y and T keys, so no excuses, save for I was typing in the dark, but seriously, letting that lot through was unforgiveable.

On the other hand, at least mine was accidental, whereas yours is a deliberate move toward illiteracy ;)

Sweet Jesus and Mary - I thought it might be a time thing to be honest but it was half 8. My broken keyboard is only affected by the malfunctioning Y and T keys, so no excuses, save for I was typing in the dark, but seriously, letting that lot through was unforgiveable.

On the other hand, at least mine was accidental, whereas yours is a deliberate move toward illiteracy ;)

how did you not notice that all that dross had gotten through!

do you not re-read your posts haha

I re-read them only when I happen to see them immediately after posting, otherwise no. My ineptitude with a keyboard has been celebrated on the tech support forum I'm a member of, and unfortunately I've never got round to switching to a decent quality keyboard to try to correct the problem. The burden of laziness :D