Peak Ricky Hatton vs Amir Khan - Who wins?

WelshDevilRob

Peak Ricky Hatton vs Amir Khan - Who wins?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Peak Ricky Hatton vs Amir Khan - Who wins?

• Hatton on points
    • Khan on points
    • Hatton by Ko
    • Khan by ko

Based on a Prime Hatton and what we've seen of Khan so far Id have to say Hatton stoppage with a body shot. Hatton was a much more effective pressure fighter than Maidana, and Khan has no game on the inside at all, thats where Hatton did his best work. My opinion my change over the next few years but at the moment Khans too upright and still has too much of an amatuer boxing style to beat Hatton for me

Also Hatton by KO.

Provided there wasn't a sh*tty referee like Cortez who stopped all inside fighting, then Khan would have no ability to keep Ricky at bay for far too much of the fight.

He looks good when he's allowed to box at range and throw combinations, but a fighter who is prepared to make things messy and take him into the trenches would stop him imo.

Ricky was just that guy at his peak.

Given that we need to see more of Khan, he clearly not at his peak; But I dont think that would matter here.

I Kostya Tszyu was a great fighter and to see him get roughed up by Hatton.., Well I dont feel that Khan could hang with Kostya, who quit I think on his stool vs Hatton.

Hatton by KO

Hatton would never let Khan out of his short punching range and be in his face all the time. Khan would have trouble landing his long right and soon feel the pace of Hatton. It wouldn't go further than the sixth with Hatton stopping Khan with both body and head shots.

Wow, i didn't think it would be quite so unanimous for Hatton.

I agree. Hatton by KO, probably late on. Khan held on to Maidana a lot and tried to stop him punching. But, Hatton was the master of the huggers. He used to hug all night long. Whether Khan was hugging him or Hatton was hugging Khan, Hatton would manage to get body shots off all night long. One of those would knock Khan to the floor for sure.

I'll rock the boat slightly, Khan by UD. I just think Freddie Roach knows what Hattons gameplan would have been and they'll try to adopt an approach to combat this. I think Amir would have the reach adv so just try and keep him on the outside and keep moving, throw in a few fast combos to win the round and BOOM - Job Done! In and Out.

Saying that, i'd be rooting for Hatton to KHTFO!! Lol.

I've gone for Khan on points - I think he has the speed to cause Hatton nightmares. Everyone still looks back to the Tszyu fight but he was coming off a period in which he'd fought only twice in two years and had been injured. He was a pretty flat-footed fighter by then. It speaks volumes to me that he never attempted a come-back; he knew that losing to Hatton exposed the fact that he was washed up.

I don't think Khan would be in Hatton's range for long enough to get in real trouble. Particularly now, post-Maidana, I can see him just boxing relatively mundane points winners over big punching fighters.

I've gone for Khan on points - I think he has the speed to cause Hatton nightmares. Everyone still looks back to the Tszyu fight but he was coming off a period in which he'd fought only twice in two years and had been injured. He was a pretty flat-footed fighter by then. It speaks volumes to me that he never attempted a come-back; he knew that losing to Hatton exposed the fact that he was washed up.

I don't think Khan would be in Hatton's range for long enough to get in real trouble.
Particularly now, post-Maidana, I can see him just boxing relatively mundane points winners over big punching fighters.

Hatton at his best though had very good footwork, he was brilliant at cutting the ring off, he even manouvered Mayweather into lots of promising positions but Mayweather was just too good on the inside. Khan doesnt have an inside game, I dont think he could be effective enough on the back foot to win the fight. Khans got speed in abundance, but he's not a good counter puncher so I cant see him picking Hatton off. For me Hatton the ring off all night and eventually stops Khan around the 8th round with a body shot that Khan is so succeptable to with that upright amatuer style posture he boxes with

I don't think Khan would be in Hatton's range for long enough to get in real trouble. Particularly now, post-Maidana, I can see him just boxing relatively mundane points winners over big punching fighters.

Didn't know that about Kostya.

Didn't know that about Kostya.

he'd been inactive but he's just destroyed sharmba mitchell before he fought Hatton so he was still world class, fair to say he wasnt at his peak though

In fairness to Hatton, K.T. had had 8 fights since the turn of the century, and they had only rackeded up 44 rounds between them, with only teak tough Ben Tackie, and Oktay Urkal hearing the final bell. Everyone else he hit, he stopped so who knows what his peak was supposed to be?

• 3 years later...