Sam Peter next for Adamek?

WelshDevilRob

Tomasz Adamek Back In Ring April 16th - Sam Peter Mentioned As One Possible Opponent

By James Slater - Polish warrior Tomasz Adamek, last seen stopping the always-game Vinny Maddalone in the 5th-round of an entertaining heavyweight battle, has confirmed he will be back in action on April 16th. “Goral” told Fightnews that he will fight again on April 16th, in his native Poland - at the Spodek Arena in Katowice.

So far, no opponent has been made official, though the name of former WBC heavyweight champion Samuel Peter has been mentioned as one possibility..

“I don’t know who I will be fighting,” Adamek said. “This time it is up to the International Boxing Federation, they will decide my next opponent. To be perfectly honest, I’m not losing any sleep thinking about possible candidates because I will be ready for everybody who is on the IBF list.

“2011 will be a very important year for me and I would like to have the best possible opposition in the IBF rankings before challenging for a world title.”

It seems, then, the plan is for the former light-heavy and cruiserweight ruler to have one, maybe two more fights before going for a version of the world heavyweight title. The Klitschkos are both well aware of Adamek, and both have expressed an interest in fighting him. However, WBC boss Vitali must first take care of his mandatory, Odlanier Solis. While Ring magazine, IBF, WBO and IBO ruler Wladimir is still recovering from the abdominal injury that forced him to pull out of his fight with Derek Chisora. As for WBA champ David Haye, I haven’t heard him ever say too much about Adamek.

In any case, both Klitschkos, Wlad especially, want to get it on with Haye, and it seems a unification bouts is as close as it’s been in a while. It might be that Adamek will keep himself busy, and then go for the winner of the eventual Klitschko-Haye winner late next year.

And the word is, one of the names mentioned for who Adamek might keep himself busy against is “The Nigerian Nightmare.”

“We would like to make the fight with Adamek and I hope that the IBF will not hold against Sam his recent loss against Wladimir Klitschko,” Peter’s manager, Ivaylo Gotzev said. “Styles make fights and this would be a great one.”

It could be a great one. Peter, if he has anything left to offer after the beating he took from “Dr. Steel Hammer,” could test Adamek’s chin and heart in a major way. But, does Peter, who has already had so many big fights, deserve another chance at the top? Would the fans buy an Adamek-Peter clash?

“Goral” is right when he says 2011 is a very important year for him, and it would be great to see him in ultra-competitive match-ups, against the best. Will next year see the Polish hero win his third world title?

Source:

www.eastsideboxing.com

I don't have any problem with it.If anything it's the best opponent Adamek has fought as a heavyweight.Adamek's defense is still poor,and he's been stunned plenty of times since he moved up to the heavyweight division.

Put it this way,its much better than a washed up Roy Jones.

Peter's not a big puncher unless you're a journeyman. Given Adamek already fought Arreola, I'm not sure what he gains by fighting an even less skilful, fatter, slower guy with less power.

Good call on Peter's power. I remember the day not all that long ago when some were trying to tell us he was a new Tyson. His best weapon is his left jab.

Great opponent.

Peter was very game in the first Wlad fight. Only got pummeled by the two K brothers after that.

I think he (Peter) will come on strong (if he gets the fight) as this is his only time to get thrusted back into the spotlight...

Peter is the best opponent that Adamek will have faced if the fight comes thru.

Grant acted scared and anyone his size that cannot and absolutely will not use the God given ablility and just put his jab on someone until he renders an opponent useless...,

I hope the fight happens. Again look for Peter to come one strong. I know he will come to knock the ex cruiser-weights head completely off.

Adamek will be in for a fight.

Great measuring stick.

He'll hit harder than Grant that's for certain!

I would say Arreola is better than Peter, who doesn;t hit that hard and only even hits people if they stand there for a week waitingg for him to throw at their chin.

Adamek vs Peter Eliminator: IBF Waits For Their Nods

On Monday, Lindsey E. Tucker, Jr., Championship Chairman of the IBF/USBA sent a letter to representatives of former WBC Heavyweight Champion Samuel Peter, as well as representatives of former cruiserweight/light heavyweight champion and current heavyweight contender Tomasz Adamek inquiring if the two would be available to fight for the #2 spot in their rankings.

The winner of the proposed bout would then fight the winner of a box-off between "Fast" Eddie Chambers and Derrick Rossy (who will battle for the #1 position) for the mandatory shot at IBF champion Wladimir Klitschko.

"Samuel got an early Christmas present from the IBF in the form of this elimination fight and we've been going back and forth with Main Events about making it happen," said Peter's long-time manager Ivaylo Gotzev.

According to the IBF's letter, "On September 15, 2010 the IBF ordered a box off in the Heavyweight division between the 4 highest rated available boxers. At the time, the 4 highest rated available contenders were #4, Denis Boytsov, #8, Alexander Dimitrenko, #9, Jean Marc Mormeck and #10, Jonathon Banks. All four of the original challengers have pulled out of the IBF Heavyweight Box Off."

Thus, Team Peter was given three days to affirm the fighter's availability, but their response was immediate. "We are ready willing and able to fight Adamek," Gotzev continued. "Hopefully he's ready to do the same. We're looking forward to making this significant heavyweight matchup a reality. We're even willing to accommodate Adamek and fight him in his homeland of Poland. This box-off is a terrific idea that involves four top contenders, which will produce one man standing at the end and that will be the legitimate number one mandatory contender."

I would say Arreola is better than Peter, who doesn;t hit that hard and only even hits people if they stand there for a week waitingg for him to throw at their chin.

Either way, Arreola was a really good test for him and he past it with flying colors, Peter has a better Knock out record then hey give him credit for. He is a heavyweight and the potential to be knockout flat out is there.

Areola (LOL) strung his punches together better, better combination puncher,

but I like the fight better than the last fight.

I wish everybody else would stay as busy as he would.

I think Adamek is the clear favorite in this match, his speed of hands combined with great mobility for me will be decisive. I do, however, the puncher-chance at the Nigerian's fighter, especially in the early rounds. My prediction: Adamek by UD with a large margin.

It's interesting in terms of seeing if Adamek actually belongs in the top group anymore (or ever did for that matter) , frankly after the Grant fight then I'm less sure of that. Peter's managed to come into the Ring in decent shape since that 265 pound fiasco against Chambers, and really his last beating at the hands of Wlad was no worse than anyone else is doing with them. A yardstick for Adamek, for sure, but think on it's own, without thinking in terms of long range title implications, it makes for a decent fight to watch, and can that really be all that bad?

It's interesting in terms of seeing if Adamek actually belongs in the top group anymore (or ever did for that matter) , frankly after the Grant fight then I'm less sure of that. Peter's managed to come into the Ring in decent shape since that 265 pound fiasco against Chambers, and really his last beating at the hands of Wlad was no worse than anyone else is doing with them. A yardstick for Adamek, for sure, but think on it's own, without thinking in terms of long range title implications, it makes for a decent fight to watch, and can that really be all that bad?

Agree Dave. Its a good match-up in the division and a better opponent for Adamek than the last few. Adamek should have too much allround game but Peter has a decent chance of pulling off a minor upset.