Maidana Blisters Khan in Mayweather Poll~ VOTE!

LondonRingRules

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Maidana Blisters Khan in Mayweather Poll~ VOTE!

Not sure Broner would be happy if his big brother scuppered his rematch with Maidana. Neither option are great. Floyd could beat both on the same night.

--- And anyone could beat Floyd if he ever came to fight in a fair venue without an opponent having to wear the ref as a straight jacket.

The poll is nothing but a prefight cut on Khan's fragile ego going into their fight. Floydy never said he'd fight who the fans selected, only that he take their votes. Floydy, Ward, Popcorns, and Bradley are all the top P4Pers in their weight divisions and none could bust a bug with a sledgehammer. A weak chinned guy like the heavily protected, heavily promoted Khan only comes around in rare circumstances in today's game and Floydy's desperate for a "legit" knockout going into his final 3 fights with Showtime, so there it is.

Maidana will still be around if they later on want to go that route which I doubt, but who knows what a Floydy will say next much less do, like bet 15 mil on the Broncos, no wait, just a joke, he's a billionaire, no wait, gotta come back to pay taxes, won't ever fight Manny's leftovers, munch-munch-yum-yum.......:mayweather:

80% to 20% at the moment. So, looks like Amir Khan has sat around waiting for nothing.

--- Seems 3-G got a lot of write in votes and he made it clear he'd come down for that fight. He's in competition with Sergio on that point, but most signs point to Khan being a done deal with Floydy just picking the wings off him before they fight, that's all.

It's one of the easier poll questions your going to come across.

--- Dunno, Dave, Ring saw enough difficulties to draft 28 "Boxing Experts to weigh in on who they think Floydy is gonna fight.

"Boxing Experts" pick Khan over Maidana by 18-10 result, and my o my, it was like a gaggle of brain surgeons discussing an ongoing surgery at a medical school amphitheatre it was so choice:

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/news/317539-floyd-mayweather

You'll love this promotional banner Ring put up for this debate:

:mayweather:

http://cdn1-www.ringtv.craveonline.com/assets/uploads/2014/02/Mayweather-Khan-Maidana-630.jpg

--- And anyone could beat Floyd if he ever came to fight in a fair venue without an opponent having to wear the ref as a straight jacket.

The poll is nothing but a prefight cut on Khan's fragile ego going into their fight. Floydy never said he'd fight who the fans selected, only that he take their votes. Floydy, Ward, Popcorns, and Bradley are all the top P4Pers in their weight divisions and none could bust a bug with a sledgehammer. A weak chinned guy like the heavily protected, heavily promoted Khan only comes around in rare circumstances in today's game and Floydy's desperate for a "legit" knockout going into his final 3 fights with Showtime, so there it is.

Maidana will still be around if they later on want to go that route which I doubt, but who knows what a Floydy will say next much less do, like bet 15 mil on the Broncos, no wait, just a joke, he's a billionaire, no wait, gotta come back to pay taxes, won't ever fight Manny's leftovers, munch-munch-yum-yum.......:mayweather:

For that statement to be true then logically you surely mean that Floyd has had a dodgy ref to his advantage in all of his 45 fights. Ridiculous!

For that statement to be true then logically you surely mean that Floyd has had a dodgy ref to his advantage in all of his 45 fights. Ridiculous!

You realise who you're talking to?

I expect a full reply on his part in which he makes some elaborate play on the words "logically" and "ridiculous"

It will make even less sense than his existing post.

Have to say, I'm impressed by the Mayweather camp's cleverness with the two-card trick "Hey, I made him look stupid but it's the fight the fans wanted."

--- Big shot flashy fighters turning pro with big money contracts and promoters are guaranteed to have the officiating look out for big money interests. That's basic business 101 and boxing only works as a business first and foremost.

Now coming up, Arum had big plans for Floydy that were never realized. Floydy don't like to be pushed into fights which Arum had to do more and more as Floydy became a name. One thing Arum did for him was carefully matching him in a wide variety of styles including many who the ref let fight without the handcuffs and they gave him hell in the ring, but most of the fights Floydy was obviously able to show his class without intervention of the ref just like Oscar, Mosley, Roy, ect.

Now we go to his once every groundhog year with Hayman and Golden Boy allowing him his cushy space between his once a year rinse and repeat events that he could do blindfolded if he wanted. He wins those fights with marginal round by round point accumulations and is allowed to get away with a lot of dirty tactics, hitting on the break, elbowing that he cut Guerrero and Ortiz with, upperbutting Canelo and later lacing his eye, yet always if the other fighter tries to rough up Floydy the ref intervenes with warnings, or in Hatton's case, no warning at all as that fight heated up real quick and Cortez wanted to throw some ice water on it so Floydy could pick his shots better.

As Floydy's biggest critic I'll take the hit of being biased, but I first saw him with Manny for the first time on the same Arum card and wasn't impressed with either, so they started on equal footing. Same deal with the Morales/Barrera rivalry, I had no stake in their geographic/ethnic differences but was quickly able to discern which was the better to the forever dissatisfaction of the lesser fighter's fans.

The deck is so heavily stacked in Floydy's favor for every fight now, including the shameless Showtime broadcast teams, that someone has to say something. It's fine that Hayman has managed to make into an international brand in spite of his congenital reluctance to actually fight, his money and PPVs seems to be the only part of his record his fans are interested in.

OK, money's a big thing which is why boxing is currently in a death struggle. There's not much money available to the rest because nobody gives a fig about boxing any more. Nobody cares if Floydy fights canned fights. He's finally undisputed number one and making the biggest money and that's all that counts in that world......:gettingdrunk:

--- Dunno, Dave, Ring saw enough difficulties to draft 28 "Boxing Experts to weigh in on who they think Floydy is gonna fight.

"Boxing Experts" pick Khan over Maidana by 18-10 result, and my o my, it was like a gaggle of brain surgeons discussing an ongoing surgery at a medical school amphitheatre it was so choice:

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/news/317539-floyd-mayweather

You'll love this promotional banner Ring put up for this debate:

:mayweather:

http://cdn1-www.ringtv.craveonline.com/assets/uploads/2014/02/Mayweather-Khan-Maidana-630.jpg

I'm kind of stunned to hear that. I know Khan has the win over Maidana (although many question it), but the Maidana arrow is pointed straight up and the Khan arrow hasn't been for quite some time now.

I'm kind of stunned to hear that. I know Khan has the win over Maidana (although many question it), but the Maidana arrow is pointed straight up and the Khan arrow hasn't been for quite some time now.

--- Don't know about any arrows, but the update is that Floydy seems to be using his website poll which indicate Khan forged ahead.

Boxing News | Khan: Why would Mayweather even consider putting Maidana in the mix?

Fightnews still shows 80-20 for Maidana and the ESPN poll is reportedly of the same nature. Like I say, Khan seems to be the done deal, but Floydy has the power to mess around with both Khan and Maidana with this silly poll where he will pick whatever number and opponent he wants, ie picking the wings off of Khan before they fight.

My own poll still shows me as the favorite by 100% and I bring intangibles to the fight that the other's don't have. First and foremost I ain't Manny, don't claim to hit like Maidana, and can't claim the weak chin of Khan, but do claim to have studied Floydy assiduously and am willing to fight at whatever catchweight, gloves, and ring size his faint heart desires. Getting Floydy in the ring is like waking up at Christmas to a tree buried in gifts........:smiley-signs032:

If they want Floyd to fight Maidana over the man that beat him wellllll :boxing2:

Lets not live in the past. Since Khan beat Maidana (more than 3 years ago) the Argentinian has gone 6-1 (4) and claimed a world title at Welterweight, the division where this fight will be fought. In fact Maidana has gone 4-1 (3) at Welterweight and beat up the next rising American star in the process.

Khan on the other hand has gone 4-2 (2) without fighting as a fully blown Welterweight (he did fight in a bout marginally above the Light Welterweight limit) and hasn't actually fought since a narrow decision over Julio Diaz almost a year ago. Throw that in with the fact that he's now not been in a US ring in over a year and is 1-2 in his last 3 state side bouts.

One man is on an upward career trajectory whilst the other is flat lining or even on a downward spiral.

One man is on an upward career trajectory whilst the other is flat lining or even on a downward spiral.

Yup. To quote Yes, Minister:

You're supposed to be a high flier. Or are you really a low-flier supported by occasional gusts of wind?

Lets not live in the past. Since Khan beat Maidana (more than 3 years ago) the Argentinian has gone 6-1 (4) and claimed a world title at Welterweight, the division where this fight will be fought. In fact Maidana has gone 4-1 (3) at Welterweight and beat up the next rising American star in the process.

Khan on the other hand has gone 4-2 (2) without fighting as a fully blown Welterweight (he did fight in a bout marginally above the Light Welterweight limit) and hasn't actually fought since a narrow decision over Julio Diaz almost a year ago. Throw that in with the fact that he's now not been in a US ring in over a year and is 1-2 in his last 3 state side bouts.

Khan went on to achieve a little more than you are putting there after beating Maidana but hey ho besides Maidana was the favourite to win the fight against Amir with the chin being given as the reason he would get his ass knocked out...it never happened!

Khan went on to achieve a little more than you are putting there after beating Maidana but hey ho besides Maidana was the favourite to win the fight against Amir with the chin being given as the reason he would get his ass knocked out...it never happened!

It nearly happened. But Khan has achieved nothing in particular since Maidana - only noteworthy win is Judah, who was having a bit of an Indian summer at the time.

A little more...yeah...JUST a little more...

A little more...yeah...JUST a little more...

Yeahhh More than Maidana ffs, your hate blinds you yet again :mlol: he unified another title ffs, Maidana went on to win a vacant title after defeat to Alexander-try and be a lttle impartial ffs

Yeahhh More than Maidana ffs, your hate blinds you yet again :mlol: he unified another title ffs, Maidana went on to win a vacant title after defeat to Alexander-try and be a lttle impartial ffs

Your right he did unify a title, that was previously vacant before Judah beat Kaizer Mabuza (ma who?) for it.

Maidana, whilst he did only win a vacant title at 140 went on to win the a non-vacant title at 147 by beating Broner. You know, the guy the American media was telling us was the next big thing.

Lets focus on that loss to Alexander...which came 2 years ago and 5 fights back. Alexander then went on to win a world title at 147 himself.

In those same 2 years Khan has gone 2-1 beating Molina and NARROWLY beating Julio Diaz!

How ever you look at it Maidana:

Has a better record at 147

Is on a better run at the moment

Hasn't been beaten in 2 of his last 4

Didn't look like total turd in his last fight

Khan on the other hand:

Hasn't fought a fully blown fight at 147

Has fought just ONCE in the last year

Doesn't have a title at 147

You're right, I am a hater, but right now I'm relying merely on facts and not emotion.

Totally agree that the two have gone in opposite directions since Khan won their fight, despite that result I know consider Maidana the better challenger.

And yet Khan still beat him, the one thing we both know for sure is that ois ideal opponent he ducked again!