If Ortiz fights Maidana again

BoztheMadman

Re: If Ortiz fights Maidana again

Ortiz's loss Thursday night likely puts him back on ESPN, at least for the time being. There's no market for this fight, and I'm not sure there ever will be again.

Don't be too sure. Ortiz has a face value and a fan friendly style, the HBO won't let him go just yet. He's with HBO, right?

Don't be too sure. Ortiz has a face value and a fan friendly style, the HBO won't let him go just yet. He's with HBO, right?

I seriously doubt it following his last loss. HBO has very tight contracts when it comes losses, many of them have clauses that can void the whole thing with a single loss. Ortiz probably had a bit of leeway in the one he signed with them after the Berto win, but I think he went over to Showtime in order to get the Mayweather fight and whatever he might've arranged with HBO after that would've probably been a "one fight at a time" deal, which I doubt would've survived the Josesito Lopez defeat. THE MAN HAS LOST THREE IN A ROW..........HBO SIMPLY ISN'T INTERESTED!

He's not just lost 3 straight but he's been stopped in 3 straight, 2 of which he was the betting fave in.

Yea but if you look at the circumstances around the first 2 stoppages...got cheapshotted in the first, broke his jaw in the second. Not exactly HUMILIATING stoppages.

Yea but if you look at the circumstances around the first 2 stoppages...got cheapshotted in the first, broke his jaw in the second. Not exactly HUMILIATING stoppages.

Got cheap shotted following his headbutt and then public display of affection...oh and got his jaw broke against a total none puncher after he cheap shotted Lopez several times...pretty humiliating when put in to actual context

Got cheap shotted following his headbutt and then public display of affection...oh and got his jaw broke against a total none puncher after he cheap shotted Lopez several times...pretty humiliating when put in to actual context

:tsk: Can't reason with you anymore it seems....