Lamont Peterson outhustles Jean, targets Danny Garcia

RINGNEWS24

http://ringnews24.com/media/k2/items/cache/a2d2d0199d5457fd078ad23ed18e4942_S.jpg

Washington DC native Lamont Peterson targeted a unification showdown with WBA and WBC king Danny Garcia after the IBF champion successfully defended his world title against mandatory challenger Dierry Jean (25-0-1) in the DC Armory on Saturday night.

More...

Re: Lamont Peterson outhustles Jean, targets Danny Garcia

I'm just not that wild about that matchup, I have a feeling that Peterson-Garcia would end up being a snoozer......am I offbase there, Guys?

--- Pete used to be extremely dull spoiler, but he had to open up to beat Khan and Holt and is more exciting now.

I'm still totally unimpressed with Garcia other than he has a good punch if someone walks into it and he's learning his version of defense as he showed against Matthysse at the expense of a pitiful offensive output. I would have called that fight a robbery but for Matt's closed eye that they could've pulled the plug on him over.

Garcia is Hayman/GB posterboy for a future big fight with Floydy and that's all he is.

Re: Lamont Peterson outhustles Jean, targets Danny Garcia

--- Pete used to be extremely dull spoiler, but he had to open up to beat Khan and Holt and is more exciting now.

I'm still totally unimpressed with Garcia other than he has a good punch if someone walks into it and he's learning his version of defense as he showed against Matthysse at the expense of a pitiful offensive output. I would have called that fight a robbery but for Matt's closed eye that they could've pulled the plug on him over.

Garcia is Hayman/GB posterboy for a future big fight with Floydy and that's all he is.

I'm a little more impressed with Garcia than you are, but I don't deny that I also think they are headed in that direction.