Yamaguchi Falcao brings Golden Boy Promotions to Brazil

RINGNEWS24

http://ringnews24.com/media/k2/items/cache/54e74905e89724e82e3694744c500a7a_S.jpg

Golden Boy Promotions makes its Brazilian debut on Globosat on Saturday, January 25, with a hard-hitting card at the Arena Santos in Santos, Sao Paulo, Brazil featuring the pro debut of 2012 Olympic Bronze medalist Yamaguchi Falcao and a main event pitting hometown hero Adeilson Dos Santos against Carlos Gaston Suarez.

More...

Re: Yamaguchi Falcao brings Golden Boy Promotions to Brazil

I've been seeing Falcao's name a lot lately, but must admit I know absolutely nothing about him.

Can someone fill me (us) in ?

The Falcao's (BROTHERS) were VERY good amateurs. Yamaguchi's brother, Esquiva, twice fought Ryota Murata and claimed Bronze at the 2011 World Ams and a Silver at the 2012 Olympics.

Yamaguchi claimed Olympic bronze (losing to Mekhontsev) and has a 2011 Pan Am Silver to his name

Yamaguchi is probably the lesser of the two but still VERY talented. They are widely viewed as the best things for Brazilian boxing since Acelino Freitas.

Also before anyone wonders, just because he's called Yamaguchi it doesn't mean he's Japanese!

The Falcao's (BROTHERS) were VERY good amateurs.

--- Both brothers were DQed in their storied debut for fighting after the bell of their 2nd rounds.

Maybe something they set up to promote themselves as the notorious brothers....fightnews.....just sayin'.....

Only Yamaguchi has fought, Esquiva hasn't... Yet

--- Maybe a clue as to the sordid nature of their careers might be one is with Goldenboy and the other with Top Rank.

Absolute horror of a fight that leading up to the precipice of a riot. I'd have decked both of them had I been the ref, and this is the touted debut of Goldenboy in Brazil?