Heavyweights Bryant Jennings & Artur Szpilka Vie For Top 10 Ranking

RINGNEWS24

http://ringnews24.com/media/k2/items/cache/9d2cd46ee3edfed65525633459e1a1e8_S.jpg

Finally, after near a decade of corpulent lethargy, the first of America’s big men this year will actively look to crack what used to be their native born birthright as heavyweight contenders and champions starting Saturday, January 25th at Madison Square Garden in New York. Rising fringe contender American Bryant “By-By” Jennings, 17-0, 9 KO goes against Polish rival Arthur “The Pin” Szpilka, 16-0, 12 KO in a 10 round battle of closely matched undefeated records.

More...

Re: Heavyweights Bryant Jennings & Artur Szpilka Vie For Top 10 Ranking

According to some Polish boxing fans, Szpilka is a real arsehole. He also lets his defense lapse far too often during a fight.

However, he does seem to possess some actual boxing skills, can take a punch, and is a big puncher himself, so I have to be rooting for him to KO Jennings.

I'm from the USA, but Jennings bores me to death. He's a pretender to the throne, doing the best he can. He's done a lot with a little (big props to him for that) but I'd love to see him gone, and see a crazy, big puncher move up the rankings. That would be good for the sport.

Re: Heavyweights Bryant Jennings & Artur Szpilka Vie For Top 10 Ranking

According to some Polish boxing fans, Szpilka is a real arsehole. He also lets his defense lapse far too often during a fight.

However, he does seem to possess some actual boxing skills, can take a punch, and is a big puncher himself, so I have to be rooting for him to KO Jennings.

I'm from the USA, but Jennings bores me to death. He's a pretender to the throne, doing the best he can. He's done a lot with a little (big props to him for that) but I'd love to see him gone, and see a crazy, big puncher move up the rankings. That would be good for the sport.

--- Well, Szpilka and Jennings embraced and shook hands at their first presser, so apparently The Pin can play nice as well.

Interesting in that Szpilka trained 10 lbs down from his Mollo fights, 223.6 to Jennings 225 at the weighin, so I'm guessing he anticipates a traditional box and move American fighter and wants to be lighter on his feet for the run down. Jennings quite the specimen, but can he punch?

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/12414garcia00/thumbs/thumbs_12414garcia006.jpg