Groves hoping IBF grants appeal for Froch rematch

RINGNEWS24

Re: Groves hoping IBF grants appeal for Froch rematch

What took them so long?

Is there anyone who doesn't think (realize) that the ref was paid off?

Is there anyone who, no matter how much of a Froch fan, doesn't know deep down that Froch not only lost, but got humiliated by Groves?

Is there anyone who, no matter how much of a Froch fan, doesn't know deep down that Froch not only lost, but got humiliated by Groves?

--- Most boxing fans wear blinders, hence the lucrative business bookies do, aka via the Davids Price and Pink for example.

Froch has been in much harder fights than Groves, aka Taylor and Kessler, yet he holds wins over both, so maybe one day Froch is humbled, but certainly never humiliated from the likes of Groves. If the ref indeed took a payout, it was to spare Groves from a damaging full KO to set him up for the lurcrative rematch.

I give Groves credit for being tough, game, and up for the fight where he nominally exceeded expections thanks to a solid early knockdown, but I can almost guarantee that if he manages to rewind the fight in the rematch up to the 8th round, when he comes out in the 9th with no protection from the ref, gonna be splottomized like you ain't never seen before.

All credit to Groves, I was sceptical of his chances before the fight, I had a new respect for him after the fight. I thought it was stopped early and that Froch was losing, but one of the guys where I work was at the fight with a good seat, and in his opinion, Groves was gassing badly and ready for the taking.

All credit to Groves, I was sceptical of his chances before the fight, I had a new respect for him after the fight. I thought it was stopped early and that Froch was losing, but one of the guys where I work was at the fight with a good seat, and in his opinion, Groves was gassing badly and ready for the taking.

I agree. I was really skeptical on why the fight was even happening, but give it to Groves that he proved us wrong. As for his gassing, I don't necessarily agree but we really have no way of knowing for sure. Clearly I think that if Froch doesn't give a return match then he's going to have to get used to be asked about it for the rest of his life......I don't think the Carl Froch I used to know would opt for that, but in the twilight of his career and looking for the max payday, who knows? I do think that he'll be disappointed if he thinks there's a bigger money option, what's bigger than this that he could get?

What took them so long?

Is there anyone who doesn't think (realize) that the ref was paid off?

He didn't lose, the referee stopped the fight. If I have to put up with Lewis "Beating" Klitschko, you lot will have to put up with Froch "Beating" Groves. And it was hardly a humiliation - Groves did exceptionally well and Froch wasn't really himself for whatever reason(whether it was Groves' style, something pre-fight, whatever), but he fought his way back into the bout, so it's not like it was just one-way traffic all night.

We all saw Groves wilting, taking shots and the referee stopping it. TBH I think Groves should EARN his fight rather than following in the footsteps of his idol and crying, shouting, screaming and begging for his big fights.

Yes Groves performed well for 5 or 6 rounds but then began to tire and Froch came back, just as he had in previous bouts with Taylor (we know what happened there) and even Ward (where he won the last 2 or 3 rounds).

When a fighter bitches for a big fight I tend to feel no sympathy for them and that's the case here, 100's of fighters earn their fights and 100's aren't given the platform so for some self centred knob to feel as if he is owed a rematch is stupid.

Talking about Groves and rematches, it was nice to see him offer both Anderson and DeGale rematches after he was fortunate to beat them. What's good for the goose and all that...

I see it from a lot of people that they thought Groves was tiring and Froch was coming on strong in the second half but I think I only gave Froch the seventh as far as the second half of the fight is concerned. The most blatant signs of fatigue from Groves was in that ninth.

Corruption is corruption.

I don't get over it. I bring it up every chance I get.

Those who "get over it" might as well just grab the vaseline, drop trow, and bend over.

Prove it was corruption then, otherwise you're open to being sued for libel.

At the time of the stoppage, Groves was a full one point up on the cards. That round was going either 10-9 or 10-8 in Froch's favour, so the best Groves was going to be was level, possibly one point behind. Froch was coming on strongly in the fight and had sent Groves clattering into the ropes, where he essentially remained taking punches.

So all you've got is the assumption that Groves was somehow going to do to Froch what he hadn't managed to do for the past 9 rounds, even when Froch was on the canvas. Because of that assumption, you've decided it was corruption.

So obvious is this corruption that you haven't supplied any evidence.

Prove it was corruption then, otherwise you're open to being sued for libel.

At the time of the stoppage, Groves was a full one point up on the cards. That round was going either 10-9 or 10-8 in Froch's favour, so the best Groves was going to be was level, possibly one point behind. Froch was coming on strongly in the fight and had sent Groves clattering into the ropes, where he essentially remained taking punches.

So all you've got is the assumption that Groves was somehow going to do to Froch what he hadn't managed to do for the past 9 rounds, even when Froch was on the canvas. Because of that assumption, you've decided it was corruption.

So obvious is this corruption that you haven't supplied any evidence.

Totally agree, we don't have a clue as to what could've happened. Clearly Froch had a 10-8 coming up and it was a long way to the Final Bell.

Prove it was corruption then, otherwise you're open to being sued for libel. .

Don't be such a fricking lemming. Anyone with a functioning pair of eyes, who isn't sucking Froch's cock, can see what happened:

Groves humiliated him for the etire fight. Then in the last round, froch grabbed Grove's head and threw an illegal punch. hat started his "offense" after which he managed to land one good shot. Groves pulled back to get into a safe zone, to recover, and the ref PULLED HIS HEAD DOWN, then waved it off.

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?

I used to be a big Froch fan / supporter, but I also have a functioning brain, and can change my opinion when the facts warrant it.

"Fans" like you, who try to justify crap like this whenever it happens, are the reason the sport is as bad as it is. Me? I see corruption and get REALLY pissed off. It's NOT ok, just because it happens virtually every week.

Edited by Cableaddict

Don't be such a fricking lemming. Anyone with a functioning pair of eyes, who isn't sucking Froch's cock, can see what happened:

Groves humiliated him for the etire fight. Then in the last round, froch grabbed Grove's head and threw an illegal punch. hat started his "offense" after which he managed to land one good shot. Groves pulled back to get into a safe zone, to recover, and the ref PULLED HIS HEAD DOWN, then waved it off.

I used to be a big Froch fan / supporter, but I also have a functioning brain, and can change my opinion when the facts warrant it.

"Fans" like you, who try to justify crap like this whenever it happens, are the reason the sport is as bad as it is. Me? I see corruption and get REALLY pissed off. It's NOT ok, just because it happens virtually every week.

Ah yes, anyone who doesn't agree with you gets a tirade of abuse and painted as "part of the problem" - very mature.

For reference, Graham Houston said he didn't see much of a problem with the stoppage, though he felt Groves maybe should have been given a couple of seconds longer. Is one of boxing's most experienced and respected journalists also blind and stupid? Or is he corrupt?

So at what point was the referee paid off? Did someone think Froch was going to lose before the fight started and pay him off in advance? Was he somehow got at after the first-round knockdown? If so, how? If it's so obvious and you REALLY want to do something about it, report it to the police - bribery is a criminal act, as is trying to rig the outcome of a sporting event.

Or you could behave like a child and make abusive remarks on the Internet.

You aint ever been a fan....you are a bandwagon jumper :wave:

He might be forced to take the 25% challengers cut, which is indeed considerably less than was reportedly offered.

As he's not the mandatory and he's not top 3 he's only getting 15%...so he needs the purse to be something like £6.8million...

His argument will be that he remains a free agent, but surely a 2/3 fight deal with Hearn wouldn't be detrimental to his earnings with Eddie always seeming happy to make his fighters money as opposed to protecting them...

As he's not the mandatory and he's not top 3 he's only getting 15%...so he needs the purse to be something like £6.8million...

His argument will be that he remains a free agent, but surely a 2/3 fight deal with Hearn wouldn't be detrimental to his earnings with Eddie always seeming happy to make his fighters money as opposed to protecting them...

Thanks, Scott, I wasn't sure on the current rules with regard to the challenger in purse bid situations, great post in that regard. As for the situation, I agree that Hearn wouldn't be a problem, he's more about the money and not playing games.