Tony Bellew to face Valery Brudov at Cruiserweight

RINGNEWS24

http://ringnews24.com/media/k2/items/cache/9ec7c8ffb969d4fdb85686005e7feb08_S.jpg

Tony Bellew will face former World Cruiserweight title challenger Valery Brudov in his first fight at the weight at the Echo Arena in Liverpool on March 15, live on Sky Sports, on a massive night for the city’s boxing stars.

More...

Re: Tony Bellew to face Valery Brudov at Cruiserweight

Yeah great fight for Bellew. Fight a 37 year old who is 7 years removed from a notable win, has been stopped in his last 2 notable bouts and who's last 4 wins have come against fighters sporting an amazing combined record of 22-81-2. Good match making by fast car who appears to have gone with the Warren book of rebuilding a fighter.

So he is supposed to take on one of the best in the division or something???? GTFOH he will have a couple of fights that settle him into the division and then he will move on to better quality....its that simple and a normal thing for fighters to do!!

So he is supposed to take on one of the best in the division or something???? GTFOH he will have a couple of fights that settle him into the division and then he will move on to better quality....its that simple and a normal thing for fighters to do!!

He's supposed to take one someone who matters. This is like an Olympic champion taking on some 48 year old has been.

I know I'm harsh on guys but I want to see fighters tested, not molly coddled. If Inoue, Yaegashi, Ioka, Yamanaka or Uchiyama took one someone whose shit, guess what, I'd call them out too.

Srisaket fought a bum on Tuesday and I'll not defend his opponent either.

He's supposed to take one someone who matters. This is like an Olympic champion taking on some 48 year old has been.

I know I'm harsh on guys but I want to see fighters tested, not molly coddled. If Inoue, Yaegashi, Ioka, Yamanaka or Uchiyama took one someone whose shit, guess what, I'd call them out too.

Srisaket fought a bum on Tuesday and I'll not defend his opponent either.

I dont agree in the slightest...Bellew is willing to take on the big fights, but he has moved up in weight and is coming off a Loss, he needs a testing fight but one that he can get a good win out of, to help him rebuild!!