Froch vs Johnson Eyed For March, April in America

Faulks

By Ruslan Chikov

According to reporter Boris Krosnova, WBC super middleweight champion Carl Froch will likely defend his title against Glen Johnson in March or April of next year, and the fight will be staged at a venue within the United States. Froch-Johnson is a semi-final bout in the Super Six Boxing Classic. The winner is going to face the Andre Ward-Arthur Abraham victor in the finals. Froch has not fought in the United States since last April's TKO of Jermain Taylor. Johnson is a late replacement for the withdrawing Andre Dirrell, who Froch decisioned in the first stage of the tournament. Froch can always make a substantional enough offer to bring Johnson over to Europe.

ww.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=34057

I think this is a real great battle because this two man are both great warrior and both have great hearts and very godo chin, I say Froch on points because his more young than Glen, but if Johnson will be seen in the latest fights could end up in a different way, however i love see this match boxing4//

Froch

USA for Taylor

GB for Dirrell

Herning for Kessler

Finland for Abraham

Now USA again for Johnson, dont think any top level fighter and traveled that much.

Froch is the best fighter in the UK currently IMO. The guy travels, fights the best, can win by KO, can brawl, can outbox his opponents....

Also, in the UK, unlike pretty much every other country i can think of, it's unique in sport that you're only ever fighting at "HOME" when you're you're in your own home town. A Liverpool FC fan will never cheer on Manchester United in Europe, Liverpool fans boo'd James DeGale (an Olympic Gold medallist) against home fighter Paul Smith, England fans boo Wayne Rooney (their best player), all UK football fans support their home town CLUB before their national team.....

So even UK fighters that fight at "home" (ie the UK), only ever really fight at home in their own city.

That is true, Dave. As we have discussed before, the other 5 fighters should've brought this into question at the start if they were that bothered. It's also true that should one of the other 3 win, especially if they were to beat Ward in the final, it will make his win even greater. Imagine if Froch were to win, IMO, it would be one of the biggest wins in boxing in a LONG time (fights against 5 of the best fighters in the World and only ONE of those were in the UK).

That is true, Dave. As we have discussed before, the other 5 fighters should've brought this into question at the start if they were that bothered. It's also true that should one of the other 3 win, especially if they were to beat Ward in the final, it will make his win even greater. Imagine if Froch were to win, IMO, it would be one of the biggest wins in boxing in a LONG time (fights against 5 of the best fighters in the World and only ONE of those were in the UK).

Yeah, I didn't like that from the start. That very first Fight Camp 360 program that they showed, the one with the Promoters sitting around the table before any of the fights had been fought. Ward had made the mistake of telling the press that "I don't have to leave the USA for any of my Three fights" and the reaction from Mick Hennessy and Kelly Sauerland was like they hadn't heard about it till just then, and even Gary Shaw and Lou DiBella seemed surprised.......and Dan Goosen just sat there like the guy who'd just snuck in a Fart and the rest of the group was just now smelling it smell//

grin//

To me, there's always going to be an asterisk associated with Andre Ward should he win the Super Six. The five fights all within the USA, and the 2 points he got for doing nothing in the third stage are enough to call his victory into question (should he win).

To me, a win anywhere by Ward over Froch would erase most doubts against him (Ward.) That is saying a lot about Froch.

P34c3

To me, there's always going to be an asterisk associated with Andre Ward should he win the Super Six. The five fights all within the USA, and the 2 points he got for doing nothing in the third stage are enough to call his victory into question (should he win).

To me, a win anywhere by Ward over Froch would erase most doubts against him (Ward.) That is saying a lot about Froch.

P34c3

Yeah, it would be impressive, but I just don't like the way this was handled. The rest of the fighters having to travel the Globe and one guy not even having to leave town. What a load of crap! And this is an American and one of Andre's Fans telling you that too.

also, ward has only fought one opponent that started in tournament. im glad that the tournament was able to get these fights made that probably would never have been made... but most of the credibility has gone with all the dropouts, exclusion of bute, and free passes for ward.

also, ward has only fought one opponent that started in tournament. im glad that the tournament was able to get these fights made that probably would never have been made... but most of the credibility has gone with all the dropouts, exclusion of bute, and free passes for ward.

Grapevine-

Totally agree. The Kessler win was impressive, but beating up inept sub Allan Green and then winning a non-tournament fight over Bika, that's HARDLY the Dirrell/Kessler/Abraham route that Carl Froch has had to traverse (with two of them on the road and not in your HOMETOWN).

Grapevine-

Totally agree. The Kessler win was impressive, but beating up inept sub Allan Green and then winning a non-tournament fight over Bika, that's HARDLY the Dirrell/Kessler/Abraham route that Carl Froch has had to traverse (with two of them on the road and not in your HOMETOWN).

Kessler win was impressive but the cuts were a major factor to Kessler not getting going.

Froch's win over Abraham is being really underated Ive noticed, Abraham turned up but Froch was just a class above.

Froch vs Johnson will be top 5 FOTY 2011 4 sure.

What i am really interested in seeing is will Froch continue to improve on his performance against AA? If so, and he manages to beat Johnson, how much confidence will he have against the younger Ward? I have had Froch to win the whole thing from the start. And i will back him to beat either Ward or AA in the final.

I think Carl Froch batters Johnson into submission. I have nothing but respect for Johnson but at his age and against a fighter like Froch, who is in his prime and ready to braw,l then there is only going to be one outcome.

Glen Johnson gets alot of credit but he isn't fighting a hype job in Allan Green this time.