Adamek returns April 16th

RAZZ-MCFC

no opponent named but fair play to him he seems to be fighting every 3-4 months which is good regardless of the level of opposition

Current top heavyweight contender and former light heavyweight and cruiserweight champion Tomasz Adamek (42-1, 28 KOs), decided that his next fight will be in his native Poland on April 16 in the “Spodek Arena” in Katowice.

“I know it will be Poland on April 16, maybe two hour drive from my hometown Gilowice, so it will be like fighting at home,” said Adamek. “I don’t know who I will be fighting – this time it is up to International Boxing Federation, they will decide my next opponent. To be perfectly honest, I’m not losing any sleep thinking about possible candidates because I will be ready everybody who is on the IBF list. 2011 will be a very important year for me as a heavyweight and I would like to have best possible position in IBF rankings before challenging for a world title. This fight will be televised on Polsat TV, my Polish television partner bringing millions in front of their TVs. April 16 fight will also be available live for my US supporters through PPV.”

Among all the names mentioned in connection with possible Adamek fight in Poland is former WBC titleholder “Nigerian Nightmare” Sam Peter (34-4, 27 KO). “We would like to make this fight with Adamek and I hope that IBF will not hold against Sam his recently loss fight against Wladimir Klitschko,” said Peter’s manager Ivaylo Gotzev. “Styles make fights and this would be a great one. Sam is training with Jeff Mayweather in Las Vegas and he will be ready if needed.”

“It is simply too early to speculate. We all plan to sit down together after the holidays and make a decision,” commented Kathy Duva, Main Events CEO.

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/adamek-returns-on-april-16-70880?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=adamek-returns-on-april-16

Great Fighter in my opinion. Seems he is staying busy for one reason and one reason only...?

To eventually fight one of the Klits or Haye.

I wish other fighters would follow his Modus Operandi (MO)

just posted another article mate

seems Wlad wants Adamek, or that's how he comes across

Adamek's next fight vs Wlad? Seems possible, but if Haye-Wlad can't be made, I'd prefer to see Haye-Adamek.

That seems to be the general consensus, because most people don't give Adamek a hope against the Klits, but they do give him a good chance against Haye.

I think he's athletic enough and busy enough to overcome the size disadvantage vs Wlad, but he would be the overwhelming underdog.

He'd have to do a Chagaev vs Valuev type fight, where he outworks the bigger man.

Unfortunately for him, Wlad is not the slow & static sitting duck that is Valuev though.