Eleider Alvarez v Andrew Gardiner

iamasadlittleboy

Re: Eleider Alvarez v Andrew Gardiner

Gardiner is an unbeaten (10-0, 6) Canadian 26 year old. Stood at 6'0" he's a talented boxer who has been matched pretty well for such a novice. Yet to score a major win he has already beaten 4 opponents with winning records (always something to look at with prospects), with the most notable being Emiliano Cayetano (who Alvarez stopped in a round) and Konstantin Piternov.

His team are confident that he can be fast tracked. He's a face first type of guy with a lot of energy, a decent chin and works well inside. I'm tempted to describe him as a "less skilled, more powerful" Cleverly.

Some decent information on him here-

Re: Eleider Alvarez v Andrew Gardiner

This bout has apparently been added to the Bute/Pascal card...and what a GREAT fight it is! Credit to both guys.

--- Another indictment charging boxing is no longer relevant when a 13-0, 8 KO matches mature 29 yr old fixin' to be 30 instead of a 20 yr old kid.

Worse, he's got an 11th Lightheavy boxrec ranking on the basis of beating nobody of note because almost nobody of note now occupies what used to be the strongest division through most of boxing history. I do wish him well as representing the poor kids out of Columbia which has primarily been used to draw poorly prepared fighters with big knockouts to exploit in the western world. See Edison Miranda whom he beat as the only recognizable name on his record for me.

Smart move going to Canada where he can have a better chance to develop.