Enzo Mac finally getting a World title shot

WelshDevilRob

Re: Enzo Mac finally getting a World title shot

I really dunno whats he doing at 175, I always wondered how he made 200! No way is he gonna win this or any other title fight, ffs he almost got stopped twice by OVILL MCKENZIE! McKenzie could have finished him off in that 6th round in the last fight but was too stupid to.

Or whatever bauble Juergen Braehmer holds i.e for the WBA World light heavyweight title on 5th April, 2014.

Nothing official but seems this is happening.

---Braehmer may not be much anymore, but this will be too easy as befits the pitiful reputation of the WBA if they sanction this.

Breahmer is targeting what he sees as easy fights. Tbf Enzo under Gary Lockett seems to have re-dedicated himself. It's a last roll of the dice for him but I don't think Breahmer is someone for him to fear.

Much prefer this fight than if Enzo was stepping in against Adonis or Kovalev.

Has Enzo got himself into such a high enough position for someone to pick him as a mandatory?

Kin ell.

I fear for Enzo's health with some of the knockouts he's suffered. Especially if he somehow found himself opposite Stevenson!!

• 3 weeks later...

Has Enzo got himself into such a high enough position for someone to pick him as a mandatory?

Kin ell.

I fear for Enzo's health with some of the knockouts he's suffered. Especially if he somehow found himself opposite Stevenson!!

I agree, we are supposed to be happy for him, but in fact I approach it with a great deal of concern.

Kin ell.

I couldnt agree more than I do with this post!

It might be a worthless paper title but if Enzo could beat a fighter like Braehmer it would be massive, he could even land a fight with Hopkins who should be WBA proper champion at the time

He hasnt earned a World title shot, I think that is more the issue with this fight!

Really happy that Enzo's got the shot, can't see any reason why somebody would dislike him to be honest. big fan of Braehmer too but I'll be routing for Maccarinelli 100%

Dislike is not the issue here-the main problem with Enzo getting a world title shot is that he isnt at that level, its shameful that a fighter who has been so viciously knocked out and clearly past his best is being put in this position, if it were a good guy competition he would be earning his place-but its not!!

This is crazy, he is no where near world level, breamer must have felt like a tune up fight for something bigger, it is crazy seeing Enzo get a title shot after his run of performances and stoppages, but even crazier is the fact that he might pull one performance or lucky punch out of somewhere and become a world champ, him coming down in weight to 175lbs after so long at 200lbs can't help his punch resistance but i don't fear him being brutally ko'd by braemer, but should he win he won't have many places to go, and imagine him ending up winning but facing kovalev or stevenson in his next fihgt

Dislike is not the issue here-the main problem with Enzo getting a world title shot is that he isnt at that level, its shameful that a fighter who has been so viciously knocked out and clearly past his best is being put in this position, if it were a good guy competition he would be earning his place-but its not!!

good thing it's not really a world title then ;)

good thing it's not really a world title then ;)

--- Adam, it ain't even scheduled on boxrec yet, more a figment of someone's imagination sending up feelers.

Most fans like Macca, but ones who understand boxing know he's long past being a credible contender and worry about his long term health. It's been great to see him regain some acclaim by training down to the LH limit. I won't begrudge him if he takes this offer, but he's not fooling anyone. The fight would be naked boxing exploitation at it's sleaziest, yet he still has a puncher's chance, so many German fans will be rooting for him to knock the sleaze out if this happens.

Spot on. He's been proven overated time and time again, he may have put up a good fight before many of the ko's but that still doesn't change the fact he's not good enough for a world title shot. Lebedev brought him down as easy as nothing.

Spot on. He's been proven overated time and time again, he may have put up a good fight before many of the ko's but that still doesn't change the fact he's not good enough for a world title shot. Lebedev brought him down as easy as nothing.
He could get hurt here Boz, I genuinely believe that!!

He could get hurt here Boz, I genuinely believe that!!

I think so too. He also took some leather against McKenzie in the second fight. I believe thats one of the reasons he went down, he knew that if he continued at cruiser, he could really get hurt by one of those mean, big new cruisers.

I disagree with most of these posts. Light-heavyweight is such a weak division, there are loads of fighters in the WBA top 15 who are worse than Enzo. Think it's a bit of a risky fight for Braehmer. He is past his best as well don't forget. He doesn't have the power that Lebedev, Haye, Afolabi had when scoring those brutal ko's over Enzo. I think this is a good match.

I disagree with most of these posts. Light-heavyweight is such a weak division, there are loads of fighters in the WBA top 15 who are worse than Enzo. Think it's a bit of a risky fight for Braehmer. He is past his best as well don't forget. He doesn't have the power that Lebedev, Haye, Afolabi had when scoring those brutal ko's over Enzo. I think this is a good match.

That was a WOMAN'S point of view alrite. :tongue1: