Robert Guerrero wants out of GBP contract !

selij

Robert Guerrero wants out of GBP contract !!

Welterweight contender Robert Guerrero is seeking to break his contract with Golden Boy Promotions through arbitration with the California State Athletic Commission.

"What his issues are, I can't tell you. You'd have to ask him," Golden Boy Promotions chief executive Richard Schaefer told ESPN.com on Wednesday. "We have totally complied with our contract with regard to the minimum purses and the number of fights, so I don't know what they are basing this on."

"Robert wouldn't have authorized the arbitration if he was happy with Golden Boy," Bruce Zabarauskas, Guerrero's attorney, told ESPN.com, declining to go into the particulars of why Guerrero was unhappy.

No hearing date has been set, according to Schaefer, who said he believes that the California commission does not have jurisdiction over their promotional agreement.

"The contract was not signed under California law, it was done under New York law, so you can't have the California commission rule on a New York promotional contract," Schaefer said. "Most of our promotional agreements are governed by New York law because that is where most of our sponsor deals and television deals are also governed, and we want to have consistency. Guerrero agreed to have his contract under New York law, and he was legally represented when he signed it."

Read more............

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Oscar%2BDe%2BLa%2BHoya%2BFloyd%2BMayweather%2BJr%2Bv%2BRobert%2BrwCjiZ-2NV2l.jpg

Source: Dan Raphael for ESPN

Re: Robert Guerrero wants out of GBP contract !

Robert Guerrero wants out of GBP contract !!

No hearing date has been set, according to Schaefer, who said he believes that the California commission does not have jurisdiction over their promotional agreement.

"The contract was not signed under California law, it was done under New York law, so you can't have the California commission rule on a New York promotional contract," Schaefer said. "Most of our promotional agreements are governed by New York law because that is where most of our sponsor deals and television deals are also governed, and we want to have consistency. Guerrero agreed to have his contract under New York law, and he was legally represented when he signed it."

"I'm going to have to have a serious word with Floyd," Schaefer said. "These guys beg me for Mayweather and then I deliver them the fight and they lose, and I guess they blame me. You saw it with Juan Manuel Marquez. I got him the fight with Mayweather and he lost every second of every round. You saw it with (Shane) Mosley, who lost almost every second of every round and you saw it with Guerrero. I don't know what Floyd is doing to these guys."

Source: Dan Raphael for ESPN

--- Maybe Guerrero feels like they can get a fairer crack at money and opponents with Arum or another promoter.

To be fair, squirrelly legal entanglements are epidemic in the western world as politics and law go hand in hand in creating a sorta of ponzi multi-tiered layered system of class and money to protect the high end corporate interests and power brokers from having to suffer the slings and arrows endured by the lower "castes" from wars and financial setback after the trillion$ of losses of derivative land speculation investments that are still running through the populace like the black plague.

Maybe Guerrero wants to actually stay with GB and is seeking a contract with Hayman who secures the best refs and judges for his fighters against the lowered tiered "field hands" from Golden Boy that Hayman picks his fights from.

Whose to say when the owner, Oscar, runs off to rehab every time things get too hot around his quarters. Maybe in 5 years we'll see Hayman and Schaefer cut out Oscar completely with their own "official" promotional company, but no need to hurry things when GB does all the hard work and they collect the lions share of the revenues.

Yeah, go check with Floydy to sort it out.....brilliant stuff!

Edited by LondonRingRules