Edwin Valero's brother is a Pro boxer (Video)

WelshDevilRob

I noticed that being mentioned on fightnews a couple of days back.

Hadn't seen a video of him though, so cheers for that Rob! :)

Stylistically, he's almost identical to Edwin, but seems to throw his punches with a bit more conviction, and believe it or not, I'd say Luis is less crude than his brother was at this stage!

Edwin just went in throwing punches, swinging wildly, at the start of his career, but Luis seems to have picked up a style similar to the point where he created an opening for himself and simply overwhelmed his opponent, with a little more accuracy.

Valero's definitely been missed imo, and it's tragic the way he went out.

Would be great if Luis could come anywhere near where his brother did.

Wasn't impressed at all to be honest, telegraphed his punches horribly, almost three himself off his feet at times he was the wild, and his hands dropped everytime he get in range

That's exactly what Edwin did though...

He got pelters well into his career, even well after he had won his world titles.

He only really displayed the boxing ability in the DeMarco fight, which unfortunately turned out to be his last.

I actually like the fact he's getting caught flush, but doesn't care and carries on regardless.

It's more of a "I can outpunch you" sort of attitude, and though it doesn;t often lead to a long career, it's exciting while it lasts, as his brother showed.

I read awhile back that late last year or very early this year he KO'd Edwin after a heated dispute. Not sure if that is a planted story for the sake of marketing but it does paint a curious picture.

He has undoubted power anyway, and I'm keen to see him emulate his brother in boxing terms.

Let's hope he keeps bowling people over, because I'm fairly sure he'll be granted some opportunities based on his name alone, and won't suffer the medical and licensing issues Edwin suffered.

• 5 weeks later...

Luis Valero update

By Gabriel F. Cordero

Word is Top Rank and Zanfer have an interest signing Venezuelan prospect Luis Valero, the younger brother of the late former world champion Edwin Valero. Luis has had a lot of attention and interest in his career after making his professional debut in 2010 and now has won three fights – all by first round KO. Sources say Valero is mulling over a multi-year offer. If he accepts, he would relocate to Los Angeles and work with former Edwin Valero trainers Mario Morales and Roberto Alcázar, as well as the respected Joel Diaz.

Luis Valero update

By Gabriel F. Cordero

Word is Top Rank and Zanfer have an interest signing Venezuelan prospect Luis Valero, the younger brother of the late former world champion Edwin Valero. Luis has had a lot of attention and interest in his career after making his professional debut in 2010 and now has won three fights – all by first round KO. Sources say Valero is mulling over a multi-year offer. If he accepts, he would relocate to Los Angeles and work with former Edwin Valero trainers Mario Morales and Roberto Alcázar, as well as the respected Joel Diaz.

The bolded part sent chils up my spine.

I hope this Valero goes on to succeed. I wasn't aware that he had a brother.

• 3 months later...
...bumping to say he lost a bout back in March in 52 seconds...

Maybe not the worst thing that could happen to him. Anybody who works with him now will be doing so because they actually see something in him, not just exploiting his Brothers memory.

Did anyone notice how incompetent that referee was? The opponent hits the canvas at 0.20 secs, he's up at 0.23, so the ref then only has to count 5 more seconds for the mandatory 8 count. He doesn't tell them to square off again until 0.42 secs. I hope this guy doesn't get any big fights in the future.

Did anyone notice how incompetent that referee was? The opponent hits the canvas at 0.20 secs, he's up at 0.23, so the ref then only has to count 5 more seconds for the mandatory 8 count. He doesn't tell them to square off again until 0.42 secs. I hope this guy doesn't get any big fights in the future.

Yeah, if he's going to delay the count and give the guy a break, then at least come up with something original like when Marlon B. Wright kept insisting Andrade get back in the neutral corner that he hadn't strayed six inches from grin//

Yeah, if he's going to delay the count and give the guy a break, then at least come up with something original like when Marlon B. Wright kept insisting Andrade get back in the neutral corner that he hadn't strayed six inches from grin//

Watching him count was like watching a 10 count in WWE: "Ooooooonnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, Ttttttttttttttttttwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwooooooooooooooo, ttttttthhhhhhhhhhhhrreeeeeeeeeeeee" : D